• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Oklahoma, The Last One (Nov 24, 2023; 11AM)

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
No one has the ban hammer except for me and Ryann. Ryann is busy coordinating people on the bus and to my knowledge never banned anyone, and I haven't banned a poster in years (last time during Wes' tenure). So, unless the Count ran into a warning point issue no one has been banned.
And that is exactly what happened. Poster was warned of several posts having to be removed for running afoul of the board rules and racked up too many warning points in a short period of time. Poster is not banned, he's in a timeout.

JAB331

Whelp, OU did OU and paid off the refs again - hard to win when the other team gets spotted 21 points. They won’t get away with that in the SEC, and will just be a marginal team. Now we just have to worry about that with OSU, so good riddance.

I’m not sure what it is about Dykes not being able to finish (final games of the season have teams scoring 60+ points against us). The DC needs to inspire his players more. Dykes runs an upward or outward outfit, so if coaches aren’t being hired away, they are likely not performing at a high enough level and are going to get fired. So next!

Bizarro Frog

The final score may tell you all you need to know about this season. We scored 45 and lost by 24. That is ridiculous.

Colorado embarrassed us by running what seemed like the same couple of plays over and over and never adjusted. Our season died right there on that extremely hot day.

JAB331

The final score may tell you all you need to know about this season. We scored 45 and lost by 24. That is ridiculous.

Colorado embarrassed us by running what seemed like the same couple of plays over and over and never adjusted. Our season died right there on that extremely hot day.

Yeah, worst part about this season is our D just giving up on the road. It was the K State game where it was called out that our D was just laughing when losing by 30+ points, that’s on the coach for not building more accountability.

Dykes is a CEO kind of coach and needs to rectify this post haste.

Please, everyone else get off Briles, he has another year. His offense scored 40+ points with a frosh QB.

The defense needs to step up, and didn’t make enough progress from last year to warrant Gillespie getting another season.

Frogs1983

Bring back Patterson

React Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Patterson needed to go, and if Dykes has a repeat next season, then he will need to go also!

Frogs1983

I'm fine with Briles for now that Hoover is QB. However, he needs to address the line immediately.
Yes O has problems, but putting up 45 on #13 team does not warrant firing, like or dislike Briles.

Scoring 45 on #13 team AND still getting blown out by bearly 25 points does warrant a firing for Gillespie however!

Pathetic D performance on National TV today . Zero pass rush 95% of the game, DB's getting beaten on 50+ pass plays 3 times in just the first half all are problems that have plagued this team since game 1!

bp4tcu

I don’t care about worthless bowls.
Loser mentality. You should. At the tier we could have been in it’s not about the actual game. It’s the added exposer and relevancy for the program, and extra reps and practice time for the guys sticking around.

Glad you’re content with us sitting at home on the couch while our counterparts play on.

Frogs1983

My Dad started taking me to games before my first definitive TCU football memory (1974 in the snow vs UT, an 84-16 loss). Never missed a home game meaning I saw a whole bunch of losing Frog football. The only season that I can remember being this disappointing, not fun, etc was the 2004 year. Really hard to come to grips with how bad this team is just 11 months removed from winning the Fiesta Bowl.
2021 eerily similar to this one in many ways.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Yes O has problems, but putting up 45 on #13 team does not warrant firing, like or dislike Briles.

Scoring 45 on #13 team AND still getting blown out by bearly 25 points does warrant a firing for Gillespie however!

Pathetic D performance on National TV today . Zero pass rush 95% of the game, DB's getting beaten on 50+ pass plays 3 times in just the first half all are problems that have plagued this team since game 1!
Yup. TCU scored more on OU than any other team this season. Only Arkansas State's D gave up more points (73), and Tulsa kept the Sooners to 66. SMU gave up 28.