• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Sooners vs Horned Frogs

Moose Stuff

TCURiggs said:

Same here. I was confused as hell before I saw Moose's post.
I fully admit to checking the drive chart from the game before posting that. I was pretty sure I was right but my beer fridge was empty enough this morning that it warranted a look.

TCURiggs

TeeSeaYew said:
It did NOT happen...
Just wanted to see if you guys were paying attention

Ufbr5ej.gif

BearlyAFrog

Mean Purple said:
I just listened to GP on the radio with Brian on the TCU Wrap Up. And now, not only do I still think it was a horrible call to go for two, I'm ticked about the reason. He said they have a standing rule that when they are on the road and the other team does not have timeouts, they go for 2.  Stupid Rule. And I trust him at his word. The philosophy is totally void of evaluating each situation. Our Offense was owning them after the qb change...and the defense was bowing up stomping. Overtime was on our side. I'll get over this tomorrow. But I'm staying ticked for now. He then went on to say that you can't turn the ball over and expect to win in Norman. That line does not work so much on this one. Because we could have kicked for the tie and over time. Geez! It is like it did not even occur to him.

Our Frogs fought too hard to get screwed by a bad low percentage call. And had we gotten the two, I would have still said it was a bad call. We lost to both schools from the North. So, even though we played OU better than Baylor did, BU will likely go to a better bowl even if we beat Baylor.

The fact that Patterson is too stubborn to see the problem with his "rule" irks me. Our SRs should not have that happen to them. 

I like the quote from Pat concerning the Baylor game : "We got a game in five days.  You go 3 OT you've got no chance to win the next game."

"Hey, what's our chances against Baylor?  What do you think?"

#lookingahead

TCURiggs

BearlyAFrog said:

I like the quote from Pat concerning the Baylor game : "We got a game in five days.  You go 3 OT you've got no chance to win the next game."

"Hey, what's our chances against Baylor?  What do you think?"

#lookingahead

Weird that he's thinking about the health and fatigue of his football team with a game comping up on a short week, eh? Stick to quidditch, ya dork.

Pharm Frog

netty2424 said:
Like the rest of the Baylor fans, you don't know or understand anything about the game of football, and you know even less about Pattersons history with going for two point conversions. That decision was made years ago, not last night. darn off.
I agree but GPs statement that he considered that we had a game in 5 days opened up this line of criticism.

Get Your Frogs Up

TCURiggs said:
The first two-point call was a mistake, but whatever... I get it. We hadn't done boat all day and GP probably thought we had to try for it then. There was his mistake. What about the four turnovers? Are those his? Nope. There were a boatload of mistakes, but going for the win at the end really wasn't one of them. I didn't like it, but I completely understood it. I'm damn proud of TCU tonight... hell of an effort with a MASH unit. Now, let's beat the breaks off those dorks from Waco. I feel good about our chances.
Well put. I didn't even consider opening this 1,000+ post thread last night on the way home.