• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Will TCU fans root for Oklahoma in the CFB Playoff?

archifrog

I shouldn't really post what I really want from the OU playoff experience but I will say that I hope everything that can possibly go wrong for them does. This includes many of their Mixon/Shannon/Westbrook-cheering fans having to be rescued from a traffic jam of apocalyptic proportions while a Calif wildfire consumes their abandoned rental vehicles and a non-fracking-induced earthquake destroys the runways of all SoCal airports fantastically delaying their return to Indian Territory.

I've gone from semi-respecting that fanbase in the early 2000's to sheer contempt that will never be cured. And, I don't think for one second that an OU win of anything will do anything at all to raise the perception of the Big12 and am very surprised that some of you think it will. I find it very hard to reconcile how people argue that ESPN, et al is biased and then somehow expect that on-field performance will induce sincerity.
This....sums it up for me...well said!

4 Oaks Frog

I hope the Karma train comes through the station and unloads on Mayfield. I hope he spends the afternoon running from the Georgia D like did from the Arkansas cops...with as much success. I hope he has to ride the cart back to the locker room after a sound defeat. I hope he is worked over so badly, and performs so poorly that he drops 40 places in the draft. If all of that can happen, and ou still wins, I guess I will have to live with it.
Spit Blood~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe] and ou too!

Froglaw

Baker Mayfield catches the Ebola Head Cold Almost Death Virus, misses the CFP, and is sent to a secret government facility to be experimented on by research scientists for the next 100 years.

OU goes on to win the CFP without him and TCU gets a huge check that covers the cost of the new championship plaza honoring TCU's 2018 National Championships in MBB, the College World Series, and the 2018 CFP.

TCUdirtbag

Gary is definitely pulling for OU

Gary is recruiting. He doesn’t care who wins. Does he understand the positives and negatives of an OU win? Absolutely. Good for the Big 12 but May further separate OU from TCU in recruiting. But your post, as usual, is a wild leap of assumption that’s probably not correct

Limey Frog

I'm biased because my in-laws are all Sooners, but I don't get how this is even a discussion. If Oklahoma wins out then our three-loss Frogs would have two of their losses to the eventual national champion. Isn't that better than having our doors blown off but a squad that gets exposed the playoff?

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

I'm be because my in-laws are all Sooners, but I don't get how this is even a discussion. If Oklahoma wins out then our three-loss Frogs would have two of their losses to the eventual national champion. Isn't that better than having our doors blown off but a squad that gets exposed the playoff?

Not really. 11 wins speaks for itself IMO. What OU does or does not do means nothing to me relative to the success of the Frog's season. Doesn't make it better. Doesn't make it worse. If anything, the current 5-2 bowl record of the conference is a stronger argument that those 11 wins are legit stuff to me (but I wasn't doubting it in the first place).

froglash88

Gary is recruiting. He doesn’t care who wins. Does he understand the positives and negatives of an OU win? Absolutely. Good for the Big 12 but May further separate OU from TCU in recruiting. But your post, as usual, is a wild leap of assumption that’s probably not correct
He talked about how the conference is doing in their bowl games and why it was important for our conference schools to do well.

texas_sicilian

Apparently Mayfield has the flu, so at least they have something to blame if they lose.

I actually hope they win the first round, and get absolutely destroyed by Clemson, or Bama.

I’ve got Clemson as the team to win it all, but who knows.

Last edited:

ifrog

I'm be because my in-laws are all Sooners, but I don't get how this is even a discussion. If Oklahoma wins out then our three-loss Frogs would have two of their losses to the eventual national champion. Isn't that better than having our doors blown off but a squad that gets exposed the playoff?
This

LaxFrog3

I live in SEC country. Life was terrible after we lost to UGA last year. So darn them and the entire SEC. I hope OU destroys them and They win the NC.

Pharm Frog

I live in SEC country. Life was terrible after we lost to UGA last year. So darn them and the entire SEC. I hope OU destroys them and They win the NC.

Missed my guess as to your location but the moral of the story is the same regardless: relocate (as I am attempting to do)

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Rooting for Sooners to win it all with their backup qb, with Mayfield spending game day in an Ensanada jail having been caught ini a motel room with underage boys.

Yes, variation on a theme, bm is out with the running poopies and OU wins when their defense recovers G fumble for safety.

Final score 2-0