• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Ticket availability shows TCU fans have lukewarm interest in going to Alamo Bowl

stbrab

The date of the bowl has a lot to do with the tepid interest. That and the bad tickets we got last time. I suspect more fans buying through Stubhub. By the way all of the bowls are suffering through bad dates this year in order to "protect" the playoff. The Cotton Bowl on 12/29, really. Three bowls on 12/26. That is a horrible date.
Agree. A Thursday vs Friday/Saturday game is a big difference. Also, got burned on the tickets last time. Corner end zone underneath the overhang. Bull caca on that. Went straight to stub hub this time. Got great seats. The wife and I are here...looking forward to tomorrow’s game! Go Frogs!

TCURiggs

Ha, I lured you in like you were a big hungry bass fish. How was your Christmas, Scrooge? I will be just fine thank you knowing the drudgery of the experiment from A&M has failed the last 2 years. I am worried about you though. Which player are you going to latch on to next year too berate the Killerfrog fan base? I know you have to get those replies and Mod admonishments to make you feel alive.

I feel like "fish" wasn't necessary there. I bet you say things like "mouth food" and "hand gloves."

Purple Cavalier

A lot of the problem lies in making the commitment so early to the school for so many different Bowl opportunities. While I was filling that form out I was still hoping for a New Year’s Day Bowl. So going to the Alamo Bowl seemed like ,and was, a consolation price for losing twice to OU. So I maxed out my request for the big bowls, and only picked up 4 for the Alamo Bowl. Maybe it’s an issue with success, but it’s an issue.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
As someone who created an online ticketing software I think the bowls need to completely change their ticket allotment procedure moving forward. What needs to happen is the bowls need to open ticket sales up privately through the school’s box offices that will allow their fans to pick any seat they want on their “side”. They get first pick, then after a week the rest of the tickets go on sale to the public.

LisaLT

I'm in San Antonio this time and will be again when necessary next time. The 2015 Alamo Bowl is one of my favorite sports memories.

Also, I get what drinking can do to you but the game will be over at midnight - is it really a requirement to need dinner at that point? Eating dinner at a normal dinner time should hold for the evening I would think.
Yes that's true but last time we thought we'd eat at the stadium so we waited (wasn't the 2015 start time earlier?) to grab something at the stadium. Concession lines were HUGE and the offerings very limited so we passed assuming we could eat after the game. We ended up with delivery pizza at 1:30am to our room. Such a bummer.

Chongo94

I guess I got that covered automatically.

tumblr_n3ptgzBClA1sfeu9qo1_500.gif

Can we please keep this civil? We're on the cusp of yet another top-ten finish, a victory in a bowl game over a top-15 opponent, and an 11-win season. Stop purposefully baiting, responding to bait, and being ass-hats in general. Be happy. I'll buy you both a beer if you can find me...
You’ll be the one with a “frogcop19” sign around your neck right?

PurpleBlood87

Not going because I have to work Thursday and Friday.

Also just paid for baseball season tickets and parking which to me were more of a priority than the bowl game.

Plus I know football season tickets will be coming due soon and the Ohio State game at Jerry World isn' going to be cheap.

Mean Purple

I'm in San Antonio this time and will be again when necessary next time. The 2015 Alamo Bowl is one of my favorite sports memories.

Also, I get what drinking can do to you but the game will be over at midnight - is it really a requirement to need dinner at that point? Eating dinner at a normal dinner time should hold for the evening I would think.
They sell food at the concession. I know this because I ate said food in 2015. I recommend it for all. Does not need to taste good, it just needs to balance out beverages.

Latest posts