Lifelong Frog
http://www.star-telegram.com/college_sport...ory/214242.html

281-197612-160376.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

Tommy Blake

[SIZE=10pt]TCU FOOTBALL NOTES[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Stomach illness keeps Blake out of practice[/SIZE]

By Jeff Wilson
Star-Telegram staff writer

A stomach bug has kept preseason All-America defensive end Tommy Blake off the TCU practice field the past two days, which included the annual "Meet the Frogs" day Saturday at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

Horned Frogs coach Gary Patterson said the senior has been felled by the same illness that sacked fellow defensive end Chase Ortiz two weeks ago. Patterson said he expects Blake to return Tuesday, though he could be back as early as tonight.

Blake practiced three times last week, his first workouts since returning from his hometown of Aransas Pass to tend to a personal matter.

Medical scare
Walk-on kicker Hunter Armstrong suffered what appeared to be a seizure along the east sideline during the mock game that covers the first hour of "Meet the Frogs," Gary Patterson said.

The freshman from Austin was on the turf about 10 minutes before being taken off the field in a cart. He rode in the front seat and appeared to be aware of his surroundings.

TCU's season opener
vs. Baylor, 5 p.m. Saturday,
Amon G. Carter Stadium.
TV: CSTV
Tickets: $50, 817-257-7967 or gofrogs.com

jwilson@star-telegram.com

Well, there you have it. Both burning questions from yesterday answered. Hopefully Blake will get a solid week of practice in.

Hope Armstrong is ok.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Raddman on Steriods @ Aug 26 2007, 07:39 AM) [snapback]27713[/snapback]
Continue to pray for Tommy. His stomach needs our support.

:tongue:

They need to hose down the lockerroom with Lysol. Blake needs to get that crap out of his system to get his legs strong, and they need to quit passing that bug around.

sous vide

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Aug 26 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]27714[/snapback]

They need to hose down the lockerroom with Lysol. Blake needs to get that crap out of his system to get his legs strong, and they need to quit passing that bug around.

Wasn't a team illness at least part of the story over losing to directional Louisiana a few years ago?

Get well soon, TB.

HFrog1999

I was deep in prayer last night for an unknown person on the team. When suddenly, the Archangel appeared to me. He reached out his hand, and gave me the Holy Pepto Bismol of Antioch.

s8.JPG

...And Saint Attila raised the Holy Pepto up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy Pepto that with it Thou mayest plug my bowels, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Dosage Cup, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Pepto Bismol of Antioch into thy stomach, who being naughty in my sight, plug it." Amen.

Waccy Frog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Aug 26 2007, 12:41 PM) [snapback]27714[/snapback]

Good point. We should pray for the lockerroom and the lockerroom toilets. And perhaps have an exorcism. That and the lysol ought to do it.

Didn't some writer predicting a BU win say something about a secret weapon? Who knew the Bears were going to go biological on us.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(GuardianFrog @ Aug 26 2007, 08:13 AM) [snapback]27719[/snapback]
Didn't some writer predicting a BU win say something about a secret weapon? Who knew the Bears were going to go biological on us.

Maybe Baylor has its own version of Chemical Ali.

joefrog91

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Aug 26 2007, 01:09 PM) [snapback]27717[/snapback]
I was deep in prayer last night for an unknown person on the team. When suddenly, the Archangel appeared to me. He reached out his hand, and have me the Holy Pepto Bismol of Antioch.

s8.JPG

...And Saint Attila raised the hand Pepto up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy Pepto that with it Thou mayest plug my bowels, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Dosage Cup, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Pepto Bismol of Antioch into thy stomach, who being naughty in my sight, plug it." Amen.

I think this is my second favortie scene from The Holy Grail. My favorite is the "Come and see the violence inherited in the system" scene.

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Aug 26 2007, 01:09 PM) [snapback]27717[/snapback]
I was deep in prayer last night for an unknown person on the team. When suddenly, the Archangel appeared to me. He reached out his hand, and have me the Holy Pepto Bismol of Antioch.

s8.JPG

...And Saint Attila raised the hand Pepto up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy Pepto that with it Thou mayest plug my bowels, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Dosage Cup, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Pepto Bismol of Antioch into thy stomach, who being naughty in my sight, plug it." Amen.

Holy Crap that is funny!!!

Above all, glad he's going to be feeling better.

Thanks to the 'insiders' of the board, this was quite possibly the most overblown stomach bug in the history of college football....

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Aug 26 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]27760[/snapback]
No pun intended!! :biggrin:

No, it was.

Every time TB takes a crap, a little angel from heaven swoops down and wipes his butt. That's how great TB is. Me, I'm just a spare and have to do it myself.

ShivasFrog

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Aug 26 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]27762[/snapback]
Every time TB takes a crap, a little angel from heaven swoops down and wipes his butt.

That must be one of those partial-qualifier angels. I think the 4-stars with a resume get to skip the personal hygiene duty.

general125

I thought we weren't discussing personal issues on the board? Now we get to know about TB bowel movements?

Is there a place where we can buy Saint Pepto medallions? I've had the runs lately and I'd like to appeal directly to the patron saint of the runs.

Waccy Frog

QUOTE(general125 @ Aug 26 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]27767[/snapback]
I thought we weren't discussing personal issues on the board? Now we get to know about TB bowel movements?

Is there a place where we can buy Saint Pepto medallions? I've had the runs lately and I'd like to appeal directly to the patron saint of the runs.

I don't know about the medallions, but I will start a prayer chain for you here, on the UT board, and on the Baylor board. Oh lord, please firm up general125's bowel movements.

Status
Not open for further replies.