• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Stomach illness keeps Blake out of practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcudoc

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Aug 26 2007, 08:09 AM) [snapback]27717[/snapback]
I was deep in prayer last night for an unknown person on the team. When suddenly, the Archangel appeared to me. He reached out his hand, and gave me the Holy Pepto Bismol of Antioch.

s8.JPG

...And Saint Attila raised the Holy Pepto up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy Pepto that with it Thou mayest plug my bowels, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Dosage Cup, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Pepto Bismol of Antioch into thy stomach, who being naughty in my sight, plug it." Amen.

Funny stuff.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Aug 26 2007, 04:17 PM) [snapback]27853[/snapback]
Anyone can speculate when hidden behind a screen name. Jeff Wilson has to do a real job and put his name on everything he writes. He knows the team pretty well. He's at practice pretty much everyday. Jeff talks to players and coaches every day.

Sorry FROGDADDY. I understand what you are saying about insider's speculation.

You really consider what Jeff Wilson does a "real job"? That's hilarious.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Aug 26 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]27857[/snapback]

What do you think it is? I'd like to see you do it for one week. Just one week.

O

oldscribe

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Aug 26 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]27863[/snapback]
What do you think it is? I'd like to see you do it for one week. Just one week.

It IS a real job, requiring some inquisitiveness, some digging and some tact. I think (having been there) that Jeff Wilson is doing a very good job of it. How well other folks might do it is questionable. it isn't brain surgery, but what a lot of people don't realize is that part of the job is knowing more than you write, or, to put it another way, not writing everything you know, at least not (as Orson Welles used to say about wine) before its time. PB87 has a better feel for it than most on this board.

Raddman on Steriods

I hope so. Right now I am praying for him and his family, specifically that his family will get to watch Tommy make Symanski and Beatty his personal landing pads on Saturday.

SAVE TOMMY!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Aug 26 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]27857[/snapback]

By definition, yes. Wilson is paid to perform and execute a specific duty which provides a value-added service for his company's business and customers. That would be a real job.

If your company pays you to park your lazy a$$ in a cubicle all day, take naps, shop e-bay, lie to your boss about your production and smell your fingers after digging in your a$$ because you never learned how to properly wipe your a$$, then you, too have a real job. By definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.