• The KillerFrogs

From Shaggy Bevo........

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I do agree though! We kicked their asses no doubt, but twice we got nice penalties in our favor that I’m pretty sure never had a flag thrown. Either of them. That’s garbage.

Refs made up for it by screwing us when spotting the ball the entire first half. UT got the benefit of an extra yard (or even two!) multiple times. It was laughable how bad they were. (The refs, not Texas' offense - OK, they were both laughably bad.)

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I was talking Friday night with a long time friend who is a Fort Worth resident and a fervent UT fan/alum. He said forget A&M, OU or anyone else, I want to win this game tomorrow more than any other. He is just sick of living among Frog Fans and the Horns being on this general downturn but especially vs TCU.

It’s good.
I can relate, opposite-wise. It was hard living in Austin and being a TCU fan. Now it's a lot better. A lot!

BleedNPurple

I was talking Friday night with a long time friend who is a Fort Worth resident and a fervent UT fan/alum. He said forget A&M, OU or anyone else, I want to win this game tomorrow more than any other. He is just sick of living among Frog Fans and the Horns being on this general downturn but especially vs TCU.

It’s good.

Horns have a favorite e pressing “there’s always next year!”

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Just ran through a beautiful little schadenfreude session over there. What a lovely morning. They are really, really down on their offense.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Chastising a poster who suggested the Big 12 should have taken Tulane instead of TCU because they're a guaranteed win:

"Saying we should have added Tulane instead of TCU because TCU is hard is some cowardly [ Finebaum ]. TCU didn't get good because we let them into the Big 12. TCU got into the Big 12 because they were good."

Deep Purple

I don’t disagree, but we (TCU fans) would lose our S if the roles were reversed.
Some would. Most wouldn't. Just because offensive holding goes uncalled 80% of the time doesn't make it 'garbage' when a legit hold is called the other 20% of the time.

I saw UT offense and special teams commit more than a dozen illegal holds last night, and they were never flagged for it. In fact, the Frogs drew 50% more yellow flags than the Horns did.

kidkarr

Some would. Most wouldn't. Just because holding goes uncalled 80% of the time doesn't make it 'garbage' when a legit hold is called the other 20% of the time.
Different deal. My post was about reviewing plays that no flag was thrown on. Can’t say I can remember a review where there was no flag and then came back and penalized anyone for holding. Again. Maybe I just couldn’t see the flags.

Deep Purple

Different deal. My post was about reviewing plays that no flag was thrown on. Can’t say I can remember a review where there was no flag and then came back and penalized anyone for holding. Again. Maybe I just couldn’t see the flags.
You missed the flag. The initial call was offensive pass interference because UT receivers were blocking downfield.. After consulting among themselves, the refs reversed the call because they said the ball was tipped at the line, therefore no pass interference.

The booth reviewed the play and found that the ball had not been tipped, and that the receiver had caught the ball about a yard beyond the LOS, so the pass interference call should stand.

Admittedly, the refs did a piss-poor job of explaining the call, the reversal, and the replay ruling to the crowd, so I don't blame you for being confused. Almost everyone was, but that's what happened. It was a legit reason to review a play, and the call was correct.