• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v Sooners tonight @ Lupton

leofrog

If you go, get off your a@s#$es and cheer loudly. Coach Schlossnagle said last night that the crowds lately have not been as loud as they were earlier in the season. I know the students have been gone lately, so that is when the other fans have to step up!!

leofrog

QUOTE(Wiley @ Apr 6 2010, 03:58 PM) [snapback]541418[/snapback]
Hope we have a solid crowd. I'll be glued to the Mtn. Big game. Go Frogs!

Make sure you watch the pre-game show. They have been good. I am happily surprised that The mtn. is putting effort into our TV productions.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
QUOTE(leofrog @ Apr 6 2010, 04:22 PM) [snapback]541430[/snapback]
If you go, get off your ( I'm an uneducated idiot that uses profanity)es and cheer loudly. Coach Schlossnagle said last night that the crowds lately have not been as loud as they were earlier in the season. I know the students have been gone lately, so that is when the other fans have to step up!!

Double the ShowGirls from 2 to 4.
:ph34r:

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
QUOTE(FrogAbroad @ Apr 6 2010, 05:06 PM) [snapback]541437[/snapback]
Can't make the game but will listen over the 'net.

What time is the game?

6:30. I'm so there.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Take a memo to the "OU sucks" guy in the student section... that particular taunt is only effective when the team accused of sucking is not winning. Makes us sound like a bunch of d-bags.

P.S. Spike says you are a punk.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Apr 6 2010, 09:53 PM) [snapback]541502[/snapback]
Safe to say that we overrated our pitching staff a bit?

I'm not so sure pitching was the problem, though it wasn't stellar. To me it looks like we've taken several recent games in which the wind/weather wasn't an issue and used them to convince ourselves that we can't win by swinging away. What the heck was that inning where we lost two outs by bunting w/2 strikes and getting caught stealing (by a mile)?!

SWING AWAY!

AEAfrog

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Apr 6 2010, 08:53 PM) [snapback]541502[/snapback]

A little, but I think some of it can be chalked up to just having a bad stretch of games. I fully expect the pitching staff to start pulling it together soon.

We can at least take this away from tonight: we didn't have any of the embarrassing errors that OU had at the beginning of the game. The first baseman falling down was... uh... special. :tongue:

leofrog

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Apr 6 2010, 09:53 PM) [snapback]541502[/snapback]

Uh, I think coach would take giving up 3 runs most every game.

iancurtis

Pitching? we just scored three runs in 18 innings against the backup to their midweek starter and SDSU number three guy who is a freshman.

Spike

QUOTE(satis1103 @ Apr 7 2010, 02:08 AM) [snapback]541492[/snapback]
Take a memo to the "OU sucks" guy in the student section... that particular taunt is only effective when the team accused of sucking is not winning. Makes us sound like a bunch of d-bags.

P.S. Spike says you are a punk.

Seriously,

That was classless amd embarassing. It was something I'd expect from a Tech fan. It looks really stupid when you have been losing the whole game, actually sounds more like Baylor or SMU. Come to TCU, pay $15K a semester for tuition, and not have enough sense to realize that 3 for the other team and 2 for the home is a bad thing. It made me want to apolgize to the 4 older, very nice OU fans to our left. I'm sure they are anxious to come back to Lupton and cheer for us some night when their team isn't playing.

OU has the juevos to give us a home and home in baseball every year, and was willing to play us again in football after we beat them on their home field in 2005. Save the hate. Think Mack or Soggie will ever give us that?

I'm not sure what is going on with this team, I thought the pitching was quite decent. We should have only given up 1 run in the 1st. Their catcher had an arm like Holaday's but we were thrown out stealing twice, even after he'd shown his arm. Not sure I care for the idea of bunting with 2 strikes, especially w/ a .300+ hitter but that's why Schloss gets the big bucks. All in all a frustrating night.

This team is not there yet. That said, every year Schloss' teams have a mid year slump, but every year they battle back and end up at the top of the MWC.

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(iancurtis @ Apr 6 2010, 10:21 PM) [snapback]541514[/snapback]
Pitching? we just scored three runs in 18 innings against the backup to their midweek starter and SDSU number three guy who is a freshman.

Your pitching allows no walks and you make no errors, while your opponent walks six and makes two errors. I'm gonna chalk that one up to the bats.

Clutch hitting was plentiful early in the season. The last couple of weeks it's been sparse, to put it mildly. We'll see if one or the other pattern is the norm, but perhaps it is just everything evening out. Too many strike outs too.

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't like all the attempts at playing small ball either, especially when they can't execute it very well.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(AEAfrog @ Apr 6 2010, 10:11 PM) [snapback]541508[/snapback]
A little, but I think some of it can be chalked up to just having a bad stretch of games. I fully expect the pitching staff to start pulling it together soon.

We can at least take this away from tonight: we didn't have any of the embarrassing errors that OU had at the beginning of the game. The first baseman falling down was... uh... special. :tongue:

Can't keep losing these midweek games to Big 12 (like last year). These are the best ball teams we will play the rest of the year. Lost twice to OU last year. The road to CWS will be through Austin (again). Need it to go through Fort Worth.

Really need to sweep UH this weekend and that is a tall order.

Difference:

Two 2 out runs in the top of the first.

No runs after bases loaded with no outs in bottom of first.

Two thrown out stealing

Holladay thrown out at the plate (close call and wish I had it DVRed but think he was out?)

Thought pitching was pretty solid even though gave up 11 hits.

Disappointed. Crowd was good except for "OU Sucks" chant which was classless and stupid. Just my 2 cents.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 6 2010, 10:49 PM) [snapback]541524[/snapback]
Can't keep losing these midweek games to Big 12 (like last year). These are the best ball teams we will play the rest of the year. Lost twice to OU last year. The road to CWS will be through Austin (again). Need it to go through Fort Worth.

Really need to sweep UH this weekend and that is a tall order.

Difference:

Two 2 out runs in the top of the first.

No runs after bases loaded with no outs in bottom of first.

Two thrown out stealing

Holladay thrown out at the plate (close call and wish I had it DVRed but think he was out?)

Thought pitching was pretty solid even though gave up 11 hits.

Disappointed. Crowd was good except for "OU Sucks" chant which was classless and stupid. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, the first inning really could have gone differently.

I had a pretty good view, and it looked like Holaday was out at the plate.

Bummer.

nick

QUOTE(AEAfrog @ Apr 7 2010, 03:11 AM) [snapback]541508[/snapback]

Hey, the pitching was ok, a decent throw from the cut off man to Holliday in the top of the first ends the inning with no runs, instead the throw goes over Hollidays head and leads to 2 runs. The runner was going to be out by 10 to 15 feet with a decent throw.