• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v Sooners tonight @ Lupton

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 6 2010, 10:49 PM) [snapback]541524[/snapback]
Disappointed. Crowd was good except for "OU Sucks" chant which was classless and stupid. Just my 2 cents.

The crowd was definitely 95% good, loud, excited especially in the 9th. Then one ground ball to short sucked ALL the energy out of the building.

leofrog

QUOTE(Despite the odds Frog @ Apr 6 2010, 11:55 PM) [snapback]541538[/snapback]
this loss hurt...5th straight for the Sooners over the Frogs...we can't lose these games to teams who get swept by top 15 teams the weekend before...ie. UT.

That makes no sense, especially since OU is still in the top 20.

OldSchoolFrog

Losing to the local "bullies", be it Texas or OU, et al is a tough pill to swallow. Just seems like we go cold against these guys, but can travel to CSF (was there) and other tough games, as well as through conference play and knock them off with confidence. Don't get it.

We'll get there and still love our games and team. Coach is the real deal, and our pieces are in place. As for the crowd rancor, I give credit to the folks in the crowd this year that makes the place a little animated.

This goes back to the golf clapping and yelling at people who stand up on the west side of ACS....

Buy a ticket to Austin or Norman and listen to their crowds. I don't recall any punches being pulled there for fear of sounding like Lubbock.

Loud is good. Even if it's a bit nasty. If the alternative is golf clapping, why not just play all our games on the road.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Nasty is one thing but stupid is another. Talk about their academics, their student body, their state or their campus environment. That's all fair game. But telling a team they suck when they're beating the home squad is basically admitting we suck more. How many people at the game, hearing the chant, couldn't help but add "but not as bad as us apparently" to the end of the sentence?

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Apr 6 2010, 09:53 PM) [snapback]541502[/snapback]
Safe to say that we overrated our pitching staff a bit?

Not at all, team ERA is like 3.50

Not to mention the pitchers had a good game yesterday, so even if you were just overreacting to one particular game, this wasn't even the game to do it to.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(leofrog @ Apr 7 2010, 01:46 AM) [snapback]541542[/snapback]
That makes no sense, especially since OU is still in the top 20.

It makes sense to me? How many ranked (currently) ranked teams have we beat? Answer: 0. You want to stay ranked you have to beat other ranked teams. CSF couldn't do that and they are not ranked now. We don't get that many opportunities to play ranked teams being in MWC and we have to win them if we want to stay ranked and more importantly stay ranked high enough to host a regional. Two games left vs likely ranked teams--Aggies and OU (in Norman). CSF and Rice were ranked when we played them and we ended up 2-2 with them.

OldSchoolFrog

QUOTE(satis1103 @ Apr 7 2010, 01:26 PM) [snapback]541574[/snapback]
Nasty is one thing but stupid is another. Talk about their academics, their student body, their state or their campus environment. That's all fair game. But telling a team they suck when they're beating the home squad is basically admitting we suck more. How many people at the game, hearing the chant, couldn't help but add "but not as bad as us apparently" to the end of the sentence?

Touche, and I did not add "not as bad to us to the chant".. Just grimaced and hoped we pulled it out for all the smack talk we delivered....

The call on Holaday was awful from my seats (3b fairly close).

Houston Frog

QUOTE(OldSchoolFrog @ Apr 7 2010, 11:35 AM) [snapback]541693[/snapback]
Touche, and I did not add "not as bad to us to the chant".. Just grimaced and hoped we pulled it out for all the smack talk we delivered....

The call on Holaday was awful from my seats (3b fairly close).

I watched it online and they showed a pretty good replay.... unless there was some real camera angle deception going on, Holaday was out, he got tagged in the face.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
It was a bang-bang play. I personally thought he touched the plate first, but Spike was sitting right next to me and he said he looked out.

Had we not gotten caught stealing earlier in the inning, it would have been runners on 1st and 2nd when that double was hit, and the tying run could have walked home.