• The KillerFrogs

For everybody who is driving West...

froginmn

Dang it, you passed me. I only have 113. I need to start sucking up more.
forrest-gump.gif

Double V

El Paso has been and will continue to be the safest city in Texas and one of the safest in the Nation.. Far safer than any DFW area.. for sure! Feel free to stop by on your way to Glendale and enjoy the amazing food, warm weather, AMAZING POWER GRID, hospitable people and scenic views as the sun sets over the Franklin Mountains around 5:15 pm every night.

View attachment 13215
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man...

Outback Frog

The stereotype about El Paso being unsafe is completely and utterly false! Look up the statistics if you don't believe me, but El Paso is the safest large city in Texas and one of the safest in the entire country. It has been that way for a long time. Being a native West Texan, I have stayed in El Paso many times over the years and have never worried about crime. We are staying there on the way to Phoenix and on the way back home to Ft. Worth. And, as far as the comment about Chuy's in Van Horn, it is a pretty good Mexican food restaurant that John Madden helped make famous. They have TCU stuff on the walls and hanging from the ceiling, but they need more. Safe travels and don't be afraid to stop or stay in friendly El Paso.

Horned Toad

Left the FDub about 7 AM this morning. Got to our hotel in Las Cruces about 2PM and went to the Pecan Grill & Brewery for some sliders and a pretty good IPA. Checked in our room about 3:30 in time to watch the Frogs play Central Arkansas on my iPad on ESPN+. Heading to La Posta for dinner. Will drive to Scottsdale in the morning. Traffic was decent.

Putt4Purple

Left the FDub about 7 AM this morning. Got to our hotel in Las Cruces about 2PM and went to the Pecan Grill & Brewery for some sliders and a pretty good IPA. Checked in our room about 3:30 in time to watch the Frogs play Central Arkansas on my iPad on ESPN+. Heading to La Posta for dinner. Will drive to Scottsdale in the morning. Traffic was decent.
So it took you 7 hours? May I ask your average speed and number of stops? Ok maybe 8 if you count the time change. I’m making the same drive tomorrow.

Last edited:

Armadillo

I hate you all. I am so jealous!

There’s still a small chance I drive from the ATX on Friday, all night then hit the game. Anyone have a suite I can crash in, at the game? I wish.

I am going to try to make it. But my life stinks right now with circumstances. If I don’t make it, I’ll be cheering from home.

Horned Toad

So it took you 7 hours? May I ask your average speed and number of stops? Ok maybe 8 if you count the time change. I’m making the same drive tomorrow.
Two stops, Odessa and then Las Cruces so technically one stop. Gained an hour with the time change. I try to keep my speed no more than 10% over so when the speed limit was 75 I tried to keep it around 82 and after Monahans I was averaging about 88 until just outside of El Paso. I can get about 350 miles on the highway with a tank of gas. Mrs. HT knows we aren’t stopping unless we need gas.

HFrog1999

There’s still a small chance I drive from the ATX on Friday, all night then hit the game. Anyone have a suite I can crash in, at the game? I wish.

I am going to try to make it. But my life stinks right now with circumstances. If I don’t make it, I’ll be cheering from home.

I couldn’t afford tickets (for the first time in 20 years) or a bowl game this year either.

Hopefully things get better for you, and everyone else going through bad times right now.

Putt4Purple

Two stops, Odessa and then Las Cruces so technically one stop. Gained an hour with the time change. I try to keep my speed no more than 10% over so when the speed limit was 75 I tried to keep it around 82 and after Monahans I was averaging about 88 until just outside of El Paso. I can get about 350 miles on the highway with a tank of gas. Mrs. HT knows we aren’t stopping unless we need gas.
Thanks

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

Hang in there buddy. You're not alone.