• The KillerFrogs

Football NCG Predictions

McFroggin

I've got Alabama v TCU in the championship game.

Alabama loses Ingram, but with their stable of RB's, they are ready to reload easily. Florida loses too much talent to keep up. Alabama takes it easy.

Big XII loses too much talent to have an undefeated team.
Pac10 never had enough talent to have an undefeated team.

This is the first year I actually believe that TCU has enough offensive power to not only win every game but actually BLOW-OUT every game. If our defense can reload, it is over before it began, although it won't be easy for our D. Losing two likely first round draft picks and two 3/4 year starters at DB is nearly impossible to replace. I don't think Florida, UT, or USC has enough recruits to replace that much on Defense. If CGP can put it together and demonstrate his defensive brilliance, we own this season.

Alabama v TCU

QUOTE(McFroggin @ Apr 19 2010, 12:25 PM) [snapback]546734[/snapback]
I don't think Florida, UT, or USC has enough recruits to replace that much on Defense.

For how long have you been living in a cave exactly? :wacko:

Ohio State vs. Boise State

TCU needs a signature/big-time win in order to be validated in both the voters' and general public's minds.

There is nothing on the schedule this season that will offer such a victory. If TCU beats OSU, then Boise State will beat them, too. A two-loss OSU (probably more after going through the Pac-10 schedule) will not give TCU any more credibility than it already has.

And if Boise State beats VA-Tech, then TCU won't pass Boise all season. If TCU had won the Fiesta, then the pundits would all be talking up TCU right now. But alas, we are where we are.

Unless there is a total meltdown in the Top 5, there is no way that TCU--undefeated or not--can get to #2. The craptastic schedule won't allow it.

That's why some of us were so disgusted by the final OOC match up. TCU needed a marquee team/win on the schedule.

That's okay, run the table and play in the Rose Bowl. Works for me!

Gunner

Best thing that can happen is Va Tech beats Boise. Not likely tho. Think it is the only game they play this year. Oregon State might pull off something?

gdu

QUOTE(McFroggin @ Apr 19 2010, 05:25 PM) [snapback]546734[/snapback]
I've got Alabama v TCU in the championship game.

Alabama loses Ingram, but with their stable of RB's, they are ready to reload easily. Florida loses too much talent to keep up.

What happened to Ingram? He played in Bama's spring game.

Florida loses too much talent to keep up. Alabama takes it easy.

You haven't looked at their schedule yet, have you?

Big XII loses too much talent to have an undefeated team.

OU is usually good when people expect them to be bad. I expect Texas to lose 1-3 in conference, but if GG plays like he had this spring, they could go undefeated in the regular season.

This is the first year I actually believe that TCU has enough offensive power to not only win every game but actually BLOW-OUT every game. If our defense can reload, it is over before it began, although it won't be easy for our D. Losing two likely first round draft picks and two 3/4 year starters at DB is nearly impossible to replace. I don't think Florida, UT, or USC has enough recruits to replace that much on Defense. If CGP can put it together and demonstrate his defensive brilliance, we own this season.

You must not follow recruiting if you don't think Florida or UT has enough recruits to replace that much on defense.

gdu

tOSU vs. Boise. Bama has a tough sched. tOSU doesn't play ANYONE. BSU should beat VT and OSU and roll through that conference sched. TCU vs. Texas in the Fiesta could be fun.

Portland Frog

QUOTE(Gehörnter Frosch @ Apr 19 2010, 05:40 PM) [snapback]546757[/snapback]
TCU needs a signature/big-time win in order to be validated in both the voters' and general public's minds.

There is nothing on the schedule this season that will offer such a victory. If TCU beats OSU, then Boise State will beat them, too. A two-loss OSU (probably more after going through the Pac-10 schedule) will not give TCU any more credibility than it already has.

And if Boise State beats VA-Tech, then TCU won't pass Boise all season. If TCU had won the Fiesta, then the pundits would all be talking up TCU right now. But alas, we are where we are.

Unless there is a total meltdown in the Top 5, there is no way that TCU--undefeated or not--can get to #2. The craptastic schedule won't allow it.

That's why some of us were so disgusted by the final OOC match up. TCU needed a marquee team/win on the schedule.

That's okay, run the table and play in the Rose Bowl. Works for me!

The Frogs have a really good shot if they go undefeated to end the season #2, and the conference as a whole finishes strong.

A) As with last year, we just don't know how our SOS will play out given we don't know how strong the MWC will be. If BYU and Utah and even Air Force can remain in the top 20-25, then it doesn't matter that the OOC schedule may be a bit weaker, especially if Baylor and SMU become bowl eligible.

B) Don't forget BSU will drop some spots based upon their weak conference schedule, just like last year. They will peak early with the OOC schedule wins, and then begin to fall. How far? Who knows, but they will fall nonetheless because of SOS.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Gehörnter Frosch @ Apr 19 2010, 12:40 PM) [snapback]546757[/snapback]

We were a missed FG (or 1 second put back on the clock) away from going to the national championship last year, a year in which we started out in the high teens in the preseason rankings. Our schedule is just as tough this year, and we will probably start out at around 6-9 in the preseason rankings.

Oregon St is likely better than Clemson
Baylor is likely better than Virginia
SMU this year is likely better than SMU last year
TxSt and Tenn Tech are a toss up

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 19 2010, 01:00 PM) [snapback]546778[/snapback]
We were a missed FG (or 1 second put back on the clock) away from going to the national championship last year, a year in which we started out in the high teens in the preseason rankings. Our schedule is just as tough this year, and we will probably start out at around 6-9 in the preseason rankings.

Fair enough, though I might debate Oregon State vs. Clemson.

That said, it really all comes down to Boise State and what they do. If they win out, they stay ahead of TCU no matter what. If they lose one and TCU wins out, there has to only one other undefeated team out there. ANY undefeated AQ team jumps TCU, period.

Frog DJ

QUOTE(Gehörnter Frosch @ Apr 19 2010, 12:21 PM) [snapback]546798[/snapback]
ANY undefeated AQ team jumps TCU, period.

Sadly, this is wisdom.

Go Frogs!

Mike Brooks

I don't know who will be crowned but Texas will claim another Big 12 title despite not playing in the Conf Champ game and another National because. I luv how UTard fans are spraying the annointing oil on Gilbert. Wasn't he 11 for 30 with 3 pics versus Bama. Most of his completions and yards cam against Bama's prevent. Kind of Jevon Sneadish to me.

mrnicefrog

I say Boise St. vs. Bama for the title game.

I just don't see Va tech beating Boise, and I don't see the SEC winner
not going to the nc even with a lose.

Then it's TCU vs. Florida in the Sugar!! :biggrin:

oldscribe

QUOTE(The Main @ Apr 19 2010, 12:52 PM) [snapback]546831[/snapback]
i'm going to go out on a limb...and predict...that Noise will have a conference loss!!! :eek:hmy:

I've had the same thought, just lacked the guts to publish it. "But they may lose to VaTech. Anyway, I see Bama and Ohio State in the NC game. :unsure:

MidlandFrog

As much as I would love to put TCU in that game, I am with some others in wishing for the Rose Bowl. I personally think that the NCG will be between Ohio State and the SEC champ, Bama or Florida. I don't think Boise gets by VT, if it wasn't basically a VT home game I would think differently. This is the first year that I think Boise will have a target on their chest, so we will see how they deal with expectations. Will be hard to play the underdog role when you are ranked 3rd or so in the preseason poll. As for our beloved frogs, I am waiting to see how the respond after last year. I think that the defense will be good as always and the offense looks like they could put up 50 a game if WE ACTUALLY RUN THE BALL!!!! Does the SMU game scare anyone else???? Not worried about Baylor, not enough playmakers and it's at home. Oregon state's defense will be a shell of itself, except for #54, that dude is a monster. I still think we will go undefeated, but that SMU game scares me more than any other game, can't explain why, I just have a funny feeling.

QUOTE(mrnicefrog @ Apr 19 2010, 01:54 PM) [snapback]546832[/snapback]
Then it's TCU vs. Florida in the Sugar!! :biggrin:
If a non-AQ team gets a BCS Bowl this season, the Rose Bowl must take them. That said, not sure how the rules would be affected if a non-AQ team (i.e., Boise St.) were to be in the MNC game.

Very interesting scenario, and I don't know if the "Rose Bowl Clause" would be nullified by a non-AQ being in the big game.

I guess the bigger underlying question is: If a non-AQ team is #1 or #2, and there is another non-AQ team who meets the qualifying requirements (e.g., Top 6), does the BCS have to put that second team into a BCS Bowl? Or could they be left out all together?

gdu

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 19 2010, 06:00 PM) [snapback]546778[/snapback]

Baylor is def. better the UVa, but playing at Clemson is tougher than at Jerry World. Boise going undefeated is a bigger concern than our schedule, but if there are 3 undefeateds we are likely SOL anyways.

gdu

QUOTE(Gehörnter Frosch @ Apr 19 2010, 07:21 PM) [snapback]546859[/snapback]
If a non-AQ team gets a BCS Bowl this season, the Rose Bowl must take them. That said, not sure how the rules would be affected if a non-AQ team (i.e., Boise St.) were to be in the MNC game.

Very interesting scenario, and I don't know if the "Rose Bowl Clause" would be nullified by a non-AQ being in the big game.

I guess the bigger underlying question is: If a non-AQ team is #1 or #2, and there is another non-AQ team who meets the qualifying requirements (e.g., Top 6), does the BCS have to put that second team into a BCS Bowl? Or could they be left out all together?

If Boise is in the NCG, the Rose Bowl does not have to take us. And they wouldn't. Our best bet then would be another Fiesta invite.

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Apr 19 2010, 12:33 PM) [snapback]546746[/snapback]
For how long have you been living in a cave exactly? :wacko:

Actually I think he's been to the future instead. He seems to know something is going to happen to Mark Ingram between now and then.

gdu

QUOTE(froglicious @ Apr 19 2010, 06:47 PM) [snapback]546823[/snapback]
I don't know who will be crowned but Texas will claim another Big 12 title despite not playing in the Conf Champ game and another National because. I luv how UTard fans are spraying the annointing oil on Gilbert. Wasn't he 11 for 30 with 3 pics versus Bama. Most of his completions and yards cam against Bama's prevent. Kind of Jevon Sneadish to me.

Who is spraying annointig oil? Those who have seen him said he was very impressive in the the spring. He was also impressive in the NCG considering his receivers dropped plenty of catchable balls and it was his first serious PT as a true freshman vs. one of the best Ds in the country.

Besides, you are clearly on top of things if you think Ingram won't be playing for Bama this year.

Latest posts