• The KillerFrogs

Fire Cumbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifrog

Looney bin. Hill owes cumbie a fridge full of alcohol, then.

Without cumbie, Hill wins 5-6 games and has ~15 turnovers...oh wait like last year.

You'll be surprised how much better our offense is next year with addition by subtraction of a QB that can't throw a ball 20 yards.

You conveniently left out this reply.
Cumbie helped turn around Hill from last year, but without Hill we don’t win 10 games with our current backup QBs. So credit goes to both, not just Cumbie.

And for the record, being a Hill supporter doesn't mean that I won't be supporting Robinson or Rogers or whoever else is the QB next year. I support TCU student athletes. The way some of you bash me you would think that I was defending Mayfield all year

Moose Stuff

You conveniently left out this reply.

And for the record, being a Hill supporter doesn't mean that I won't be supporting Robinson or Rogers or whoever else is the QB next year. I support TCU student athletes. The way some of you bash me you would think that I was defending Mayfield all year

What’s wrong with Baker Mayfield?

Planks

Mark Andrews is a stud.

For some reaso

Also dependent on guys making plays/generating TOs. This season we had our CBs in the right position often times they just weren’t getting the pick or they were too small so they got out muscled.

I’m not sure this is correct other than the Iowa State game, as it seems like our corners were rarely targeted this season.

I don’t remember Mayfield completing any passes against Texada in either of the two games against OU. It seemed like 95% OU’s completions came against our linebackers and safeties.

But I guess the point still sort of remains, our linebackers and safeties always seemed to just miss on interceptions.

ticketfrog123

People give iFrog grief for his Hill takes (sometimes rightfully so because he can be very over the top and find insults where there are none) but he is absolutely right that Kenny Hill saved this offense by transferring in. Whatever negative things you want to say about him, he's quite a bit better than the QBs we had last year. Even if you want to say you think Robinson could be better, I don't think we win 10 games with a true freshman QB. And if he were to get hurt without Hill on the roster then we would've been in big big trouble.

Whether you like Hill or not, it's scary to think of where we might be offensively without him the last couple years.

I'm sure someone will jump in with "it couldn't be any worse." It absolutely could be a lot worse.

This is part of the reason people don't like Kenny hill. Nobody hates him that's a fan.

It's just the uninformed who think he's a "savior" or something special that make people nutty about Hill.

Fact: Hill's completion rate is a farce because he throws short passes under 10 yards.

He's the 5th best big 12 QB at best. Not in the same tier as mayfield, Grier, and Rudolph.

On par with 2 Texas QBs with much less experience and the Texas tech QB. Hot take is that you could make a case Kyle Kempt at ISU is better, too.

Let's do an honest evaluation, if Baker was actually given a scholarship or we also pursued Will Grier as a transfer, we would've been in much better shape.

Ron Swanson

This is part of the reason people don't like Kenny hill. Nobody hates him that's a fan.

It's just the uninformed who think he's a "savior" or something special that make people nutty about Hill.

Fact: Hill's completion rate is a farce because he throws short passes under 10 yards.

He's the 5th best big 12 QB at best. Not in the same tier as mayfield, Grier, and Rudolph.

On par with 2 Texas QBs with much less experience and the Texas tech QB. Hot take is that you could make a case Kyle Kempt at ISU is better, too.

Let's do an honest evaluation, if Baker was actually given a scholarship or we also pursued Will Grier as a transfer, we would've been in much better shape.
Hill was much better than the UT quarterbacks this season.

I’ll gice you Baker and Grier and Rudolph, but the UT QB situation was no bueno.

ifrog

Why are you comparing him to the top 3 QBs in all of college football? They aren't our backups. What point are you trying to make except that you are completely uninformed? I doubt that you will find anyone that argues that Hill is better than those three QBs.

Maybe you should vent your frustration with our recruiters? Maybe Cumbie doesn't know how to recruit? Maybe Rogers is a farce? SMH.

Moose Stuff

We’d also be in much better shape if Saquon Barkley was our starting RB and he was running behind OU’s OL. A more useful honest evaluation would be one that identifies what point you’re trying to make.

ticketfrog123

We’d also be in much better shape if Saquon Barkley was our starting RB and he was running behind OU’s OL. A more useful honest evaluation would be one that identifies what point you’re trying to make.

Not sure how you extrapolated OU OL and Barkley at RB out of that.

There's at least 30 QBs I'd rather have that are in reality better than Kenny hill. I can list them if you're that curious.

Won't respond to ifrog since he's so dense and thinks the top 3 QBs are all in the big 12.

PO Frog

There's at least 30 QBs I'd rather have that are in reality better than Kenny hill. I can list them if you're that curious.

Won't respond to ifrog since he's so dense and thinks the top 3 QBs are all in the big 12.
This is insanity. I would like to see your list of 30 please.

TCURiggs

I'd be curious to see that list. I don't think you're too far off with KH being 30ish, but I'd like to see it since you offered... could be entertaining.

Moose Stuff

I feel like it was pretty obvious but perhaps I overestimated.

Couldn’t care less but would be mildly amused by someone wasting 10 minutes of their day doing that, so color me curious.

Those three are undeniably among the top tier of QBs in the country.

CountryFrog

It sounds like your real beef is with the coaching staff who didn't recruit an All-Conference level QB. That's fine. But none of that is the fault of Kenny Hill.

And for the record, there are a number of WVU fans who think Grier isn't any good. Just more proof that, unless you're undefeated, a good portion of your fanbase will probably think your QB isn't good enough.

CountryFrog

I'd be curious to see that list. I don't think you're too far off with KH being 30ish, but I'd like to see it since you offered... could be entertaining.
It'll just be a copy/paste of the top 30 QBR guys from ESPN.com or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.