• The KillerFrogs

Fire Cumbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryLap

We were maybe the 4th most talented team in the Big12 this year. Maybe 5th. We are still small overall on D, had an injury ravaged and just OK offensive line, need more depth at RB, and have brought in a ton of WR’s that are either poorly coached or missed on most.

Our QB this year has limitations, but really only had 1 poor game.

IMO, our kids played hard all year, and our staff did a pretty good job with what our team is.

10 wins is a pretty good year. Let Gary Patterson evaluate his staff and decide whether changes need to be made. I certainly wouldn’t start with the Offensive Co-Ordinator
What in the hell are you talking about?

netty2424

I think OL and QB are the only positions they are significantly better this year. And kicker. Everywhere else it's pretty even. Unfortunately, QB and OL are really really important.
Speaking of kickers. That darning OU kicker is a weapon. Kicked it through the endzone every damn time. I just knew he was going to slip up and give it to Turpin. Never did.

Another thought, when Turpin broke that punt, they camera crew did a phenomenal job on the big screen with that look they gave when they zoomed in on Turpin basically from shoulders up the entire run. Looked like he was running directly into the camera the entire way.

jake102

Speaking of kickers. That darning OU kicker is a weapon. Kicked it through the endzone every damn time. I just knew he was going to slip up and give it to Turpin. Never did.

Another thought, when Turpin broke that punt, they camera crew did a phenomenal job on the big screen with that look they gave when they zoomed in on Turpin basically from shoulders up the entire run. Looked like he was running directly into the camera the entire way.

Speaking of kickers, I hope we have one extra scholarship next year

MinFrog

For those who want to fire Cumbie, go ahead and tell me who you would want to realistically hire and I will go find some bad play calls they made this year.

Deal?

flyfishingfrog

Stay out of the game thread. The same loser posters hating on Hill and blaming the loss on him because of one interception.
Man you are a beating as much as they are...he didn’t cost us the game today by any means but he also didn’t have a good day either.

Had nice touch on the td fades but also over threw or was way behind a bunch of open receivers. 6.3 yds per reception pretty much tells the story of what worked today and what didn’t.

He battled hard and definitely never gave up and he has one last opportunity to lead this team to a W against a good component

Why don’t you enjoy it instead of spending more time defending him against people that are not going to agree with you at this point out of historical positioning and principle based on how easy it is to get your worked up

CountryFrog

Teams with more raw talent than us
1) Oklahoma
2) Oklahoma State
3) Texas

I think overall we are pretty even with West Virginia
Even with WVU is crazy talk.

Ok St and Texas have pretty much all of their talent on one side of the ball. Even with that, our defense is at least as good if not better than the Texas defense. And other than Rudolph and Washington, ok st is not significantly more talented on offense than we are. Better in some spots certainly (o-line) but nothing significant.

TCURiggs

Man you are a beating as much as they are...he didn’t cost us the game today by any means but he also didn’t have a good day either.

Had nice touch on the td fades but also over threw or was way behind a bunch of open receivers. 6.3 yds per reception pretty much tells the story of what worked today and what didn’t.

He battled hard and definitely never gave up and he has one last opportunity to lead this team to a W against a good component

Why don’t you enjoy it instead of spending more time defending him against people that are not going to agree with you at this point out of historical positioning and principle based on how easy it is to get your worked up

I'm sure a lot of this has been vomited in the game thread, but the "he didn't have a good day" talk is a bit silly. Dude was like 14 of 18 for 150 and a couple of TDs at half, and he had some big plays with his legs as well. Then we started the second half with three straight passes, with one being a drop by Diarse (throw was a bit high, but very catchable), then we gave up another long TD in a play or two after we punted and it just kept going South from there. Kenny had a much better day than a lot of our guys did.

flyfishingfrog

I'm sure a lot of this has been vomited in the game thread, but the "he didn't have a good day" talk is a bit silly. Dude was like 14 of 18 for 150 and a couple of TDs at half, and he had some big plays with his legs as well. Then we started the second half with three straight passes, with one being a drop by Diarse (throw was a bit high, but very catchable), then we gave up another long TD in a play or two after we punted and it just kept going South from there. Kenny had a much better day than a lot of our guys did.

His two fades for TD were really nice but unfortunately this year football has 4 quarters not just 1

His pick was bad and frankly while our receivers dropped a few passes so did their dbs or it would have been more than 1

His completion percentage has been great all year but the majority of passes completed today were within 2 yds of LOS so he should have a high completion percentage.

Kenny and our WR were not on the same page a lot today also - lots of ball thrown where no one was and several thrown really high including a couple to both Diarse and White

Did you watch Mayfield hit 81 about 4 times downfield and in the endzone by threading the ball between two or three defenders and in stride?

Or the throws deep that were ahead of his receivers so that only his guys could catch it?

Sorry bud - we haven’t seen that stuff very often for whatever the reason.

There was not a single part of our offense that had a good game today - not sure how anyone that watched the game would try and suggest otherwise.

ifrog

And he was 73 % with 2 TDs and one interception. Also he was our leading rusher. I don’t see anyone calling out Hicks for a fumble on the first play and less rushing yards than Hill. What about the penalties or the DBs? Why? Because a certain segment of the Frog fans hate Kenny.

And you are trying to compare Hill to Mayfield. That’s hilarious. Get out of here with that “he didn’t have a good day “ bs. Nobody else on the team could have done better or the COACH would have had them in. I just get sick of the same people putting all the blame on him and you have also been in that group in your own subtle way. So ignore me or expect a response.

TCURiggs

His two fades for TD were really nice but unfortunately this year football has 4 quarters not just 1

His pick was bad and frankly while our receivers dropped a few passes so did their dbs or it would have been more than 1

His completion percentage has been great all year but the majority of passes completed today were within 2 yds of LOS so he should have a high completion percentage.

Kenny and our WR were not on the same page a lot today also - lots of ball thrown where no one was and several thrown really high including a couple to both Diarse and White

Did you watch Mayfield hit 81 about 4 times downfield and in the endzone by threading the ball between two or three defenders and in stride?

Or the throws deep that were ahead of his receivers so that only his guys could catch it?

Sorry bud - we haven’t seen that stuff very often for whatever the reason.

There was not a single part of our offense that had a good game today - not sure how anyone that watched the game would try and suggest otherwise.

Kenny completed about 73% of his passes today with a few drops, so the "lots of balls thrown where no one was and several thrown really high" is just not true. [ Finebaum ] on the good completion percentage for the season all you want, but that really had zero to do with OU kicking our ass twice this season. Unless you've got a Heisman-type like Baker, you're probably not going to be able to score on almost every possession, which is what OU has done against us this year. Our QB play was far down the list of problems today.

tetonfrog

Teams with more raw talent than us
1) Oklahoma
2) Oklahoma State
3) Texas

I think overall we are pretty even with West Virginia

We kicked OSU’s ass in Stillwater & would beat them again if we had played them today. Yes, the pokes have the exciting passing game, but they are horrible on defense. Boomer would have scored 80 on them today.

I know OU whipped us twice this year, but we deserved our spot in today’s title game. Sorry we came up short, but it is sickening to see our own fans show no respect for our team & coaches. Proud of the frogs & can’t wait for the bowl win!

netty2424

Anyone know what happened to Sewo today? 2 attempts, 1 yard. His longest run was 2 yards, so he lost a yard on his other carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.