• The KillerFrogs

Edit: Texas and Oklahoma now leaving early

Rex Kramer

Sarcastic Boy Meets World GIF

East Coast

Tier 1
I'm interested to see what they have promised Fox in terms of future games, but at this point just glad to get it settled. Let's keep them both out of the conference championship game one last time.
They decided to pay Fox directly instead of promising future games. Based on the SEC's distribution of $49.9 million per team for 2021-22, OUT is basically giving up almost all their 2024 media revenue to the Big12 in order to leave early (plus the amount paid to Fox). To me, it looks like they agreed to live up the GOR. It still needs to be approved by the OU's and UT's governing boards. Given the financial condition of OU's athletic department, it is possible that OU's board might have a problem with this.

Limey Frog

They decided to pay Fox directly instead of promising future games. Based on the SEC's distribution of $49.9 million per team for 2021-22, OUT is basically giving up almost all their 2024 media revenue to the Big12 in order to leave early (plus the amount paid to Fox). To me, it looks like they agreed to live up the GOR. It still needs to be approved by the OU's and UT's governing boards. Given the financial condition of OU's athletic department, it is possible that OU's board might have a problem with this.
I also saw this morning that Texas and Michigan flipped the order of their scheduled home-and-home so that the Whorns will go to Ann Arbor in 2024 rather than 2027, putting that game into Fox's Big contract during the year that they lose out on some value in the Big 12 column of their asset sheet.

gofor2

despite what you may have been spoon fed by esecpn, there are a lot of bad and average teams in that conference, partly because it is so large.
ut will likely be average and I'm sure ou will be in the top 3 most years.

much in the way that things have been the past decade or so in the big 12