• The KillerFrogs

Edit: Texas and Oklahoma now leaving early

Hello, any word on the Pac12 deal and when we can welcome Arizona , ASU and others to the B12?

Last we heard the Pac 12 was coming up a little short with $$$.
Last I checked in they hadn’t received any actual offers, lots of posturing. This ended up being the worst possible time to try and work a deal. It could work out OK but I’m not sure they (PAC 12) are speaking the same language as the bidders. And the PAC Network curfuffle won’t help. They’ve got time yet, but not forever.

Do they try and trade exposure for $$? Will smaller schools agree to that? If they don’t, and the $$ isn’t optimal, do UO/UW ask for uneven distribution? Will that push other members out the door? Lots of puzzle pieces to fit together.

Creeperfrog

Last I checked in they hadn’t received any actual offers, lots of posturing. This ended up being the worst possible time to try and work a deal. It could work out OK but I’m not sure they (PAC 12) are speaking the same language as the bidders. And the PAC Network curfuffle won’t help. They’ve got time yet, but not forever.

Do they try and trade exposure for $$? Will smaller schools agree to that? If they don’t, and the $$ isn’t optimal, do UO/UW ask for uneven distribution? Will that push other members out the door? Lots of puzzle pieces to fit together.
Thanks for all and any insight you have. Appreciate it!

HG73

There are theories floating around that W & O won't sign any deal because they WANT the PAC to fold so they can go to the B1G without any lawsuits (and probably at a reduced payout). Crazy stuff.

CountryFrog

There are theories floating around that W & O won't sign any deal because they WANT the PAC to fold so they can go to the B1G without any lawsuits (and probably at a reduced payout). Crazy stuff.
Hard to believe that since literally every school that has ever moved has not needed their current conference to fall apart first.

This sounds like a theory started by Washington and/or Oregon fans to try and explain why they still apparently haven't gotten that BIG invite yet. Kind of like how there were all kinds of reasons a couple years ago for why Texas Tech and Okla St were on their way to the PAC but the invite just couldn't be made public quite yet.

Eight

Hard to believe that since literally every school that has ever moved has not needed their current conference to fall apart first.

This sounds like a theory started by Washington and/or Oregon fans to try and explain why they still apparently haven't gotten that BIG invite yet. Kind of like how there were all kinds of reasons a couple years ago for why Texas Tech and Okla St were on their way to the PAC but the invite just couldn't be made public quite yet.

definitely has a ring of "i would be happy to divorce my wife if she wanted to leave me"

Limey Frog

I don't believe any of that. The Big Ten doesn't need the Pac to disintegrate to add Oregon, they can do it at will. So why would they do it in that instance? They aren't going to open their doors just because it's cold out and Oregon shivering to death. They'll let Oregon in when they want to for their benefit, never otherwise.

tetonfrog

I don't believe any of that. The Big Ten doesn't need the Pac to disintegrate to add Oregon, they can do it at will. So why would they do it in that instance? They aren't going to open their doors just because it's cold out and Oregon shivering to death. They'll let Oregon in when they want to for their benefit, never otherwise.
That needs to be the Big 12's attitude towards the PAC 12 members if/when UO and UW leave for the Big 10. Take who we want on our terms and let the others join the MWC.

What Up Toad

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
images