• The KillerFrogs

Does Max start against Kansas?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Defense is shaky.
Intelligent football comment. TCU held one of the Big 12's top offenses and quarterbacks coming in to just one field goal on its first five possessions and just 10 points at the point Gabriel went out, with the score 34-10. Gabriel was 7 of 16 passing thanks to outstanding secondary coverage and pass defense.

Thanks for sharing that insight.

Last edited:

TCUWIN

Starts against Kansas since it’ll be a similar setup. When he’s not asked to do much - it’s fine.

Don’t think he finishes the season as starter after we face better defenses
I hope they continue to ask him “not to do much.” I like when my quarterback only has to gain 418 yards of total offense. I don’t care what defenses show up, right now Max is reading and playing at a high level. The pull and run for the 60-yard touchdown opened the rest of the running game because the end quit crashing after that.

Eight

the touchdown throw to savion was a very nice ball and the type of throw he didn't make in the past

glad i wasn't on the game thread during the frogs second offensive series when max missed a few throws. things happen, but sure the oh, here it comes crowd was starting to get riled up

thing is, even if max was starting to get a bit amped up on the second series, he sure seemed to settle back in because he was pretty much spot on after that and congrats to him

ticketfrog123

Intelligent football comment. TCU held one of the Big 12's top offenses and quarterbacks coming in to just one field goal on its first five possessions and just 10 points at the point Gabriel went out, with the score 34-10. Gabriel was 7 of 16 passing thanks to outstanding secondary coverage and pass defense.

Thanks for sharing that insight.
Big 12 top offense? Caleb Williams and Riley left - comment is not valid

Gabriel lost to Tulsa in 2020 and that was his last full season. OU is incredibly weak at WR - there’s Mims and not much else

TCU DBs did not cause majority of drops - they were overthrown or bad drops by receiveds

ticketfrog123

I hope they continue to ask him “not to do much.” I like when my quarterback only has to gain 418 yards of total offense. I don’t care what defenses show up, right now Max is reading and playing at a high level. The pull and run for the 60-yard touchdown opened the rest of the running game because the end quit crashing after that.
~250 of duggan’s yards came from blown coverage per ESPN - nobody covering WR, etc. - even ESPN labeled one video “OU forgets about WR”