• The KillerFrogs

DMN: With top two quarterbacks hurt, Gary Patterson banking on running game to get past Baylor

Punter1

Their All Big 12 MLB isn't playing and that defense sucked before he went down.

I think Snell goes for 100+ along with Hicks. Maybe some Diarse in the backfield as well...

BleedNPurple

I’m just glad the DMN writes about us at all. We were #8 or something in the country mid season and I called up Chuck Carlton and asked him why am I reading all of these articles about Baylor (we were MWC and this was like 2008) - I said I’m a DMN subscriber and you have the number 8 team in the country right next door to you but You guys haven’t paid one sentence of attention to them all season. To his credit - Chuck agreed that they hadn’t given TCU enough cred and the next week the major TV stations ran news about us and the Daily rags started giving us press. I won t take credit - we have a SID but it wasn’t happening locally at that time until Chuck responded to my call. The rest is history.

I’m glad DMN is claiming we’re counting on the rushing attack. We’ll probably turn around and have our best passing game of the entire season!

Punter1

They’ve actually been pretty solid the last few weeks.

I think it's bee n more of a product of who they've played. Iowa State has a very inconsistent offense and Kansas is obviously maybe the worst offensive team weve seen since we've been in the Big 12. And Tech put 38 on them and it really should have been 50.

Moose Stuff

I think it's bee n more of a product of who they've played. Iowa State has a very inconsistent offense and Kansas is obviously maybe the worst offensive team weve seen since we've been in the Big 12. And Tech put 38 on them and it really should have been 50.

You’re probably correct, just saying they’ve shown some improvement. And FWIW, Tech only had 10 more yards against Baylor than they did against us and two of their TD were a kickoff return and defensive score.

Moose Stuff

They didn't seem too solid against Tech or Texas. I didn't see any of their game last week.

I just posted their stats vs Tech, real hard for me to see how anyone could say that isn’t a solid performance. 23 points and 395 yards vs ISU while not great is certainly good enough to give them a chance to win. They weren’t great vs Texas, but again my only point was they they’ve been better recently. I’m not making any effort to say this is a good defense, especially with their best defender now injured. If we can’t score 30+ that’s on us (as opposed to them shutting us down).

CountryFrog

I just posted their stats vs Tech, real hard for me to see how anyone could say that isn’t a solid performance. 23 points and 395 yards vs ISU while not great is certainly good enough to give them a chance to win. They weren’t great vs Texas, but again my only point was they they’ve been better recently. I’m not making any effort to say this is a good defense, especially with their best defender now injured. If we can’t score 30+ that’s on us (as opposed to them shutting us down).
I watched a good bit of that game and Tech moved pretty easily against Baylor for the most part. You get fewer yards when you have a pick 6 and KO return TD. They ran about 25 more plays against TCU than they did against Baylor. Tech averaged over 4 yards more per pass against BU than TCU. Comparing just the total yards in the two games is a little mis-leading.

If you're just saying they are better than back when Liberty was scoring 45 on them then I'll agree, but they're a long way from solid on defense imo.

Moose Stuff

I watched a good bit of that game and Tech moved pretty easily against Baylor for the most part. You get fewer yards when you have a pick 6 and KO return TD. They ran about 25 more plays against TCU than they did against Baylor. Tech averaged over 4 yards more per pass against BU than TCU. Comparing just the total yards in the two games is a little mis-leading.

If you're just saying they are better than back when Liberty was scoring 45 on them then I'll agree, but they're a long way from solid on defense imo.

My ONLY point is that the last two weeks their defense has played better and certainly well enough to give them a chance to win. The end.

4 Oaks Frog

I’m with you, Moose! We can’t take these pukes lightly. Looking toward Jerry World too quickly, could let the Baptist sneak up on us. We need to play like it is OUR last game of the year, not like it is theirs (although it is their last of the year and I am so thankful). Let’s turn up the heat and play a scoring record shut-out!
GO FROGS!!
BEAT bu!!
Spit Blood~~<~< and really [Baylor asshoe]!!

Latest posts