• The KillerFrogs

DMN: With top two quarterbacks hurt, Gary Patterson banking on running game to get past Baylor

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: With top two quarterbacks hurt, Gary Patterson banking on running game to get past Baylor

By Gerry Fraley, Staff Writer
Contact Gerry Fraleyon Twitter:mad:gfraley

FORT WORTH -- There is "no such thing as a perfect day," said TCU coach Gary Patterson, the perennial pessimist.

For example, take Tuesday.

The Frogs (9-2, 6-2 Big 12) have another ailing quarterback.

Patterson said freshman Shawn Robinson is questionable for Friday's home game against Baylor. Beat one-win Baylor and TCU goes into the Big 12 title game for a rematch with Oklahoma.

Robinson started last week's win at Texas Tech in place of Kenny Hill, out because of a concussion. Patterson put Hill in the hazy world between questionable and probable for Baylor. Hill did return to practice.

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...atterson-banking-running-game-get-past-baylor

Limp Lizard

I know some here are delirious with the prospect of an ultra run-heavy offense, but that prospect scares the heck out of me, especially since the weather will be perfect. If we can't pass the ball, we must hold Baylor to no more than 10 points.

swcfrog

Yeah, scary. This is Baylor’s bowl game. Nothing to lose. May be tougher than fans think. Up to defense. Go Frogs!

Realtorfrog

I think both are available but ideally Grayson gets it done with a basic offense and we move on and don't have to play Hill or Robinson. If he doesn't we win with a not 100% QB and risk not having that QB against ou.

Moose Stuff

I know some here are delirious with the prospect of an ultra run-heavy offense, but that prospect scares the heck out of me, especially since the weather will be perfect. If we can't pass the ball, we must hold Baylor to no more than 10 points.

10???? Good grief. We ran for 431 yards on them last year. FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY ONE.

Last edited:

Sebastian S

Hill or Robison need reps, more so Robinson.

At least before the next game, be it OU or the bowl game. They need to decide which QB they will be using.

Mean Purple

FORT WORTH -- There is "no such thing as a perfect day," said TCU coach Gary Patterson, the perennial pessimist.

Patterson said freshman Shawn Robinson is questionable for Friday's home game against Baylor. Beat one-win Baylor and TCU goes into the Big 12 title game for a rematch with Oklahoma.

Robinson started last week's win at Texas Tech in place of Kenny Hill, out because of a concussion. Patterson put Hill in the hazy world between questionable and probable for Baylor. Hill did return to practice.

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...atterson-banking-running-game-get-past-baylor
If Hill is practicing, my guess is he can play some. And I'm sure SR would want in the game.

Mean Purple

Hill or Robison need reps, more so Robinson.

At least before the next game, be it OU or the bowl game. They need to decide which QB they will be using.
I lean more towards SR. As long as he did not break a rib. KH, put him in if he is ready and not a health risk. heck, play em both. both can catch and run the ball. defenses won't know what to do.

Mean Purple

Anybody else see that folks are overlooking Hicks? Overall, he is productive. He would have way more yards if we did not effectively distribute the ball more than any other team in the history of the game. (even beyond 2011).