• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU projected starters: Matt Joeckel transfer changes the game; starting running back has plent

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
178936771_32884247-620x405.jpg

DMN: TCU projected starters: Matt Joeckel transfer changes the game; starting running back has plenty of competition

By Ryan Gerbosi
rgerbosi@dallasnews.com

This isn’t your dad’s TCU offense. Or your older brother’s. Probably not yours either.

The Frogs will take a new approach to moving the football this season, hoping to improve on the 105th-ranked offense in college football with the Air Raid.

Here’s some of the guys that will have the ball in their hands come August: ...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Quarterback
Contenders: Matt Joeckel (Sr., Arlington, Texas A&M), Trevone Boykin (Jr., West Mesquite), Zach Allen (RS Fr.), Foster Sawyer (Fr., All Saints Episcopal School), Colby Mahon (FR, Coppell)
Did I miss something?

10 Key Frog

Pure Purple said:
Didn't see Muehistein listed among the QB candidates. Has it been determined that he will

definitely be redshirted?
Probably just an oversight by whoever this writer is. I'm actually a bit surprised he even included Sawyer.

TK2000

I'm still interested to see how Allen performs in Fall Camp. I still think he may have a shot with the new system.

jake102

TK2000 said:
I'm still interested to see how Allen performs in Fall Camp. I still think he may have a shot with the new system.

No way. He's #5 on the depth chart right now

It's a two horse race with a very very dark horse candidate.

jake102

Planks said:
Wasn't the Houston transfer Bram Kohlhausen? Though I'm not sure he ever ended up at TCU.

Can you elaborate?

Good call on Mahon/Kohlhausen. Mahon is showing from South Arky

Sawyer is looking good, just needs to learn system. Not really incredibly surprising, and what you would expect at this point.