• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU-ex J.J. Henry sets course record with 59 in California

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

DMN: TCU-ex J.J. Henry sets course record with 59 in California

By Mark Kazlowski, Staff Writer
Contact Mark Kazlowskion Twitter:mad:MarkKazlowski

TCU product J.J. Henry of Fort Worth warmed up for this week’s Farmers Insurance Open in San Diego with a 59 on Monday at The Tradition Golf Course in La Quinta, Calif. The course is also known as Arnold Palmer's winter home course.

Henry shot a 5-under 31 on the front nine, then really heated up on the back nine with an 8-under 28. He capped the course-record score with an eagle on the 525-yard par-5 18th. That came on the heels of five consecutive birdies.

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/ot...-ex-jj-henry-sets-course-record-59-california

flyfishingfrog

that's a great frog foursome right there - and I am sure JJ was honored and appreciative of MS hosting him at Traditions - so shooting a 59 at one of the places that Mr. Palmer loved so much made it even more special. I guess I view it as JJ honoring and showing his respect to a great host and the memory of another great man as much as him tooting his own horn.

All a matter of perspective but a lot of Frogs know JJ well enough to know he doesn't have a big ego or go out of his way to attract attention...so I fully believe he was doing it out of respect for those men.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Any golfer with any game at all understands what it means to hold a course record.

Only a person who thinks that #I'madouche is what JJ was conveying in his tweet is truly a wanker.

Do you know JJ well enough to know that’s NOT what he was conveying??? And I acknowledged my opinion would be unpopular, I’m not the least bit worried about that.

Moose Stuff

All a matter of perspective but a lot of Frogs know JJ well enough to know he doesn't have a big ego or go out of his way to attract attention...so I fully believe he was doing it out of respect for those men.

I’m gonna bow out here. I’m comfortable with my observation.

GoFrog Yourself

giphy.gif
I would have shot a 59 once, but I missed the clown's mouth on the18th hole