• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Patterson not happy after TCU's 20-point win over rival SMU: 'Should have been 80'

y2kFrog

Sutton was injured and used pretty much only as a decoy. Got very few passes thrown his way. If he was healthy, he would have factored, big time.
There were 2 and 3 guys where ever Sutton went. This caused some others to have more man responsibilities and that along with the early trick plays got TCU burned a couple of times.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Sutton was injured and used pretty much only as a decoy. Got very few passes thrown his way. If he was healthy, he would have factored, big time.
Do you have a link to anything showing he was injured? I couldn't find anything about it. Or are you just assuming that his 1 reception for 0 yards could only happen if he was injured? Or did GP dial up a defense to stop him as has been done against stud WRs many times.

Raw Frog

I really want to see Patterson beat Gundy. Out scheme Gary! Get em fired up! Burn Stillwater to the ground!

OSU be darned!

Gundy has out schemed Gary in the past. Hopefully, Gary has it figured out this year. Gary needs to get the defensive calls in quicker.
We have nothing to lose in this game. We are not supposed to win, according to the "experts". Hopefully we play loose with reckless abandon.

SwissArmyFrog

Do you have a link to anything showing he was injured? I couldn't find anything about it. Or are you just assuming that his 1 reception for 0 yards could only happen if he was injured? Or did GP dial up a defense to stop him as has been done against stud WRs many times.

I remember the announcers talking about him trying to move around while he was on the sideline and not doing too well.

Last edited:
OSU knows our offense (as seen to date), in my opinion, better than we do. As a few have pointed out in the SMU game thread, OSU assist. O-coordinators are licking their chops at this game.

Let's hope we have a bag full of tricks a la 2009 and 2010.

Raw Frog

OSU knows our offense (as seen to date), in my opinion, better than we do. As a few have pointed out in the SMU game thread, OSU assist. O-coordinators are licking their chops at this game.

Let's hope we have a bag full of tricks a la 2009 and 2010.

How are they reading our defense? What are they keying on?

Mean Purple

Everybody quit the belly aching. GP is being GP. press loves it. mainly because they need the material because they are [rod gilmore] hats who lack any journalistic talent and would sell their own mothers for free game tickets and an order of nachos.

Remember, this is a longer season now. Goal is to get to the conference champ game. and there are multiple ways to do it.

knock off the metro sexual nosense. this was smoo's big game and they threw all they had. and they have a great coach. we beat them by 20. done.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
To me, this all plays out perfectly. We had a crap game, are lower ranked, are underdogs. They slaughtered a good team, and unless they are a super mature team, dead serious about business (which would make them absolute NC contenders), OSU may be prone to a slow start. Hoping that's just what the doctor ordered. Need to outrush them by a couple dozen attempts IMHO.

Wexahu

To me, this all plays out perfectly. We had a crap game, are lower ranked, are underdogs. They slaughtered a good team, and unless they are a super mature team, dead serious about business (which would make them absolute NC contenders), OSU may be prone to a slow start. Hoping that's just what the doctor ordered. Need to outrush them by a couple dozen attempts IMHO.

I was watching the OSU game hoping they would dominate Pitt for that very reason. Generally, it's just really hard to follow up a great performance with another one, in any sport. Let's hope that theory holds true Saturday.

Reading this board you'd think OSU is on a par with the 2009 Alabama team, like they are some kind of unbeatable juggernaut. I'm not really buying it, I think we've got a legit chance to win. Won't be easy at all and we'll have to play really well, but I don't think they'll just overwhelm us either.

tcudoc

I had to listen to the game on the radio but recorded it on my DVR and I'm rewatching currently. A couple of observations:
-when the kicker was iced on the long field goal, his kick was not good on the kick interrupted by the time out. I slowed it down to 1/15 speed and I'm 99.9% sure.
-on the Hail Mary play to end the first half, four SMU players surround Reagor. None of their 8 feet left the turf. Reagor could have signaled a fair catch, it seemed.

Chico Dusty

I apologize for providing no analysis whatsoever, but I just have this feeling that we're going to win this. I think we have a depth we haven't had in awhile and the personnel to get it done. Let's go!!

PO Frog

I think it's been mentioned but bears repeating - we are finally going to have a different system in place for our offensive play calls in addition to the fact that SC is now calling plays. I'm convinced they've been reading our mail since we brought in Meach. Even Boykin got shut down before JD got hurt that year. Going to find out we are a lot harder to defend when you don't know what is coming.

There is no explanation for their dominance over us yet fairly pedestrian results otherwise. They lost to the Chippewa last year for God's sake. No reason for them to dominate us like that no matter how bad we sucked last year.

I'm not buying OSU's greatness just yet.

Edit - sorry wrong thread.

Dman890

Gundy has out schemed Gary in the past. Hopefully, Gary has it figured out this year. Gary needs to get the defensive calls in quicker.
We have nothing to lose in this game. We are not supposed to win, according to the "experts". Hopefully we play loose with reckless abandon.

Gary and the last minute arm wave, defense not ready for the snap...looking to the sideline will be the end of me one day.

Ron Swanson

I had to listen to the game on the radio but recorded it on my DVR and I'm rewatching currently. A couple of observations:
-when the kicker was iced on the long field goal, his kick was not good on the kick interrupted by the time out. I slowed it down to 1/15 speed and I'm 99.9% sure.
-on the Hail Mary play to end the first half, four SMU players surround Reagor. None of their 8 feet left the turf. Reagor could have signaled a fair catch, it seemed.

ygA3Sm4.jpg

Frog-in-law1995

I coached for 15 years after I finished at TCU before going back to school ..when we got out the "alternative" playbook in the first few possessions it was always to try and disrupt a team that we knew would blow us off the line straight up in a big way and hope that threw them off enough to capitalize on the form of a big lead before they recovered.

It rarely ever has worked and works even less the world of "speed" we see today in football where a two touchdown lead can disappear in less than a minute.

My experience stands by the belief that their coaching staff knew they were outmanned and the clock was their enemy. If they truly thought they had a small shot before the game started - I think they would have held the trick plays for when it close later like the end of the first half or even early 4Q to get a lead in a close game and try to hold on

They shot their wad too early and gave us too much time to recover and take back the game

Were we capable of beating Ole Miss?