• The KillerFrogs

Diehards: TCU among bottom tier of FBS programs in returning production for 2018

Austintxfrog94

Can you tell us more about the plane almost exploding?
Really loud bang right as wheels left the ground and ran into some pretty bad turbulence along the way. When we got to Fort Worth (Meacham via SWA charter) we leveled off above the runway and essentially did a tower flyby, As the plane landed they had fire trucks/emergency crew pulling up to the plane with lights on. I assume this was all precautionary because they thought the loud bang was a tire. I was a nervous flyer back then so I needless to say I was a thrilled at the whole experience.

FBallFan123

Bill Connelly said:
TCU is just above that 50-percent threshold. Most of its losses are on offense, where it loses 10 seniors who started in the Alamo Bowl, including quarterback Kenny Hill, running back Kyle Hicks, receiver John Diarse and left tackle Joseph Noteboom.

Valid point in the article that TCU is losing a lot of seniors, especially on offense.

However, what TCU loses in experience they may make up in talent....as there are some very talented players coming up in the skill positions behind the likes of Kenny Hill, Kyle Hicks and John Diarse that the article mentions.

The OL is obviously the main concern on offense....but it's too early to judge it and we'll see how it looks at the start of the season.

Gunner

Robinson has so much more pure athletic talent than Hill, I'm excited to see him get his shot. That Tech game, where he had opportunity, he showed that he can flat out run and is hard to bring down. He will be surrounded by some stout receivers. The OL is new, but that doesn't mean they will be bad. Our offense gives the line a chance to excel and Thomsen likely brings them along.

Robinson showed he has some touch in his few chances to play. Recall the soft throw to Reagor who slipped out of the backfield to the flat. He also is clever on deep routes according to reports by coaches. He seems to be able to drop long throws where wides can compete. I've always like that trait and we didn't have that at all last year.

Shawn is much more of force, than previous experience. He will surprise is my guess. In that Tech game, he played in a high wind and still he was pretty good on deep stuff. I can't wait.

Just stay healthy.

PO Frog

What a doofus. Here's the bio of this guy from Diehardons:

Bill Connelly grew up a fan of the Miami Dolphins (post-1970s glory), Pittsburgh Pirates (ditto), Portland Trailblazers (ditto again) and Missouri Tigers. He spends his evening playing with excel sheets and watching DVR'd football games from ESPN Classic.

Perhaps, with credos like that, I should become a sports writer and start a 900 service where half my calls get 1 team as a pick, and the other half get the other team.

Let's see, Bob grew up a fan of the Dallas Cowboys (back when they had a football team), the LA Dodgers (back when they had a minor league team in Ft. Worth, and the Harlem Globetrotters (before Meadowlark Lemon told me "get the scheiss out of my way white boy" when I approached him for an autograph at Daniel Meyer Coliseum.

Bob spends his evenings playing with himself, while watching Baywatch re-runs, and hoping the Cheeto stains will wash off.

Sign me up!
Bill Connelly is one of the better advanced stats CFB analysts in all of media. Really knows what he is talking about. Probably not for you.

FBallFan123

So looking at his list Kansas and Baylor, #2 and #4, will be battling it out for the BIg 12 championship and a CFP spot. Meanwhile Alabama at #103 will be lucky to get to a bowl game.

Yeah, to illustrate the point about experience versus talent, you can look at the championship game...

The two QB's in at the end of the game were freshmen.