• The KillerFrogs

DeLoss says No to playing Aggies in SEC

Kyle Kriegel

Problem is that over the last 35 years they haven't been beating us 2 out of 3 years. A&M has the series lead since 1975 and 3 of the last 5 (likely to to be 4 of the last 6 after this Thanksgiving). :eek:hmy:

And the funny thing is that with the Ags playing an SEC schedule, Texas needs the game to boost their SoS much more than A&M.

Yes, but atm needs the game much more than Texas overall because atm needs to recruit in Texas. Only playing in CS isn't going to cut it compared to all the other schools playing at least some traditional rivals all over the state.

50FT FROG

Yes, but atm needs the game much more than Texas overall because atm needs to recruit in Texas. Only playing in CS isn't going to cut it compared to all the other schools playing at least some traditional rivals all over the state.

which is why frogs/aggies in jerryworld needs to happen ..... we could play it every year.

Not to mention the amount of media coverage that the Big 12 gets in Texas, compared to what the SEC will get, even with A&M. The Big 12 is still going to get top billing everywhere except College Station and Houston (maybe).

A&M doesn't know it yet, but they are going to get pushed behind the Texas Big 12 teams in the newspapers, TV stations and on the radio.

Kyle Kriegel

Not to mention the amount of media coverage that the Big 12 gets in Texas, compared to what the SEC will get, even with A&M. The Big 12 is still going to get top billing everywhere except College Station and Houston (maybe).

A&M doesn't know it yet, but they are going to get pushed behind the Texas Big 12 teams in the newspapers, TV stations and on the radio.

Yep, and they're the only ones that seem to not understand that fact.

The idea of TCU playing them yearly in Arlington is a great one imo, and I'd cheer for you wholeheartedly!

SFA Frog

How old is DeLoss? I suggest he start smoking to reduce realignment stress. Just an idea.

I was just wondering how old he is too. He has been the AD at Texas for two years longer than I've been alive.

I think he is 73 from reading this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5185059

AggieFrog

Recruiting won't be a problem in the SEC - A&M will play the Hogs yearly in Jerryworld and already has the Houston market being 90 miles away. We'll play 7-8 games a year in the state just like today. I still don't think the Big 12 survives long term & the SEC gets plenty of publicity and has better broadcast distribution in Texas today than the Big 12.

Kyle Kriegel

Recruiting won't be a problem in the SEC - A&M will play the Hogs yearly in Jerryworld and already has the Houston market being 90 miles away. We'll play 7-8 games a year in the state just like today. I still don't think the Big 12 survives long term & the SEC gets plenty of publicity and has better broadcast distribution in Texas today than the Big 12.

You may be right about the Big 12 imploding at some point (if we don't expand in a hurry I tend to agree with you), but the SEC is nowhere near the Big 12 in Texas. In fact, I couldn't find one of the SEC games on TV that involved a ranked team! (I have ATT Uverse, so it should've been there and wasn't) Besides, having more SEC than Big 12 on TV in a state with 0 SEC and 4 Big 12 teams is moronic. Doesn't happen, won't happen.

You'll get more SEC once you join over there, but not more than the Big 12 then either. You aren't more important than Texas, much less Texas+Tech+Baylor.

VictoryLap

Problem is that over the last 35 years they haven't been beating us 2 out of 3 years. A&M has the series lead since 1975 and 3 of the last 5 (likely to to be 4 of the last 6 after this Thanksgiving). :eek:hmy:

And the funny thing is that with the Ags playing an SEC schedule, Texas needs the game to boost their SoS much more than A&M.

I have yet to see any evidence (disregarding the total sham of the AP and Coaches Poll rankings) that A&M has improved any over last year's squad. Texas, however, seems to be making some progress.

Now will A&M make it 4 of 6 this year? Maybe, but I won't go as far as likely.

AggieFrog

In fact, I couldn't find one of the SEC games on TV that involved a ranked team! (I have ATT Uverse, so it should've been there and wasn't)
You need to double check your listings - the SEC has more games broadcast in Texas today than the Big 12 - if you couldn't find that SEC game on last weekend, then I think you're having some issues with your remote (or you didn't look very hard).

Besides, having more SEC than Big 12 on TV in a state with 0 SEC and 4 Big 12 teams is moronic. Doesn't happen, won't happen.
It does happen - every weekend in fact.

AggieFrog

I have yet to see any evidence (disregarding the total sham of the AP and Coaches Poll rankings) that A&M has improved any over last year's squad. Texas, however, seems to be making some progress.

Now will A&M make it 4 of 6 this year? Maybe, but I won't go as far as likely.
Texas started out 3-0 last year as well. And I'm not so sure that Texas looks all that good or if they're just playing some pretty awful teams (one of which, BYU, should have beaten them). They're probably better than last year, but still a 7-5 team.

VictoryLap

Texas started out 3-0 last year as well. And I'm not so sure that Texas looks all that good or if they're just playing some pretty awful teams (one of which, BYU, should have beaten them). They're probably better than last year, but still a 7-5 team.

I don't think they look good, by any stretch, just markedly better than last year. I drank quite a bit on Thanksgiving last year, but I seem to recall the Aggies having a hard time putting away the horns.