• The KillerFrogs

DeLoss says No to playing Aggies in SEC

Stiff Arm Frog

TCU and SMU should move the annual rivalry game to Thanksgiving and take its place. Actually we should have done it years ago, but it makes even more sense now.

YA

What we should do then is that we send the aggies an open invitation in every news outlet in Texas and offer the game with us.

froginaustin

At least as far as the SEC is concerned, A&M may not be there yet.

So Dodds is not above a little threat to try to have some push on the Aggies' conference decision?

jstrat

Texas 2012 home schedule

Wyoming
New Mexico
Iowa State
Mizzou
Baylor

It might take a few years off but unless Notre Dame comes (wont happen) Dodds is going to start feeling pressure from the fans to get some teams in there.

Austintxfrog94

At least as far as the SEC is concerned, A&M may not be there yet.

So Dodds is not above a little threat to try to have some push on the Aggies' conference decision?

That's kind of like telling the girlfriend they have "one last chance" as their car is packed up and their walking to their car with their keys.

50FT FROG

What we should do then is that we send the aggies an open invitation in every news outlet in Texas and offer the game with us.
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

You beat me to it. i would call them up and offer to take ut's spot in a second ..... move it to jerry's world (since i'm assuming arky will go to home and home) ....... chances of getting into the big 12 would improve dramatically.

froginaustin

Texas 2012 home scheduleWyomingNew MexicoIowa StateMizzouBaylorIt might take a few years off but unless Notre Dame comes (wont happen) Dodds is going to start feeling pressure from the fans to get some teams in there.

And those are some turrible expensive tickets particularly counting the necessary Longhorn Foundation "gift" that's part of the price.

That's kind of like telling the girlfriend they have "one last chance" as their car is packed up and their walking to their car with their keys.

Dodds = EGO > shame

Kaiser

These two dumb-[Craig James] institutions deserve each other & frankly should be forced to play eachother. I'm sick of these spoiled rich millionaire dimwits running all the athletic departments ruining tradition & rivalries in college football; even if it's a tradition & rivalry that isn't my own.

Or let me put this in a language they can understand. This game would increase "revenue streams" while increasing penetration into key television markets while strengthening "our brand identity".

Play the Aggies! Beat them 2 out of every 3 years. Rub their faces in it. Go home. Have sex with a pile of money. Profit!

AggieFrog

Play the Aggies! Beat them 2 out of every 3 years. Rub their faces in it. Go home. Have sex with a pile of money. Profit!
Problem is that over the last 35 years they haven't been beating us 2 out of 3 years. A&M has the series lead since 1975 and 3 of the last 5 (likely to to be 4 of the last 6 after this Thanksgiving). :eek:hmy:

And the funny thing is that with the Ags playing an SEC schedule, Texas needs the game to boost their SoS much more than A&M.

Kaiser

Yeah. Texas needs a SOS boost to get into a BCS bowl or a NC game. Gimme a breakk. I'm sure they'll find somebody to plug in ooc to replace all those 7 win Aggie squads.

Problem is that over the last 35 years they haven't been beating us 2 out of 3 years. A&M has the series lead since 1975 and 3 of the last 5 (likely to to be 4 of the last 6 after this Thanksgiving). :eek:hmy:

And the funny thing is that with the Ags playing an SEC schedule, Texas needs the game to boost their SoS much more than A&M.

2314@work

Contributor
TCU and SMU should move the annual rivalry game to Thanksgiving and take its place. Actually we should have done it years ago, but it makes even more sense now.
Worst idea I have ever heard. There would be absolutely NO student attendance. All the rich student brats would be out of town seeing Mummy and Daddah.

Dogfrog

Dodd's believes money comes in two categories: UT's money and Everybody Else's money. If you aren't either a groveling, spineless, Dodds butte kisser, or otherwise can be used to line UT's pockets, you are his enemy.