• The KillerFrogs

Damonic Williams to enter transfer portal

Putt4Purple

I don't disagree with you, but if that is our attitude, then we need to stay out any Super League or drop down a division. We are never going to be able to compete with the SEC/Big 10 $ schools.
So be it. I personally have to be financially responsible for myself and family. Let the chips fall where they may. Oh well! Have fun going broke trying to fund this Circus. Just remember there is never enough money for greedy entities or people!

Palliative Care

The present NIL system cannot last long as sooner rather than later the financial "losses" in this arms race will take its toll. One will see the spenders lap up people like the old days of universities like UT did when there was no scholarship limits.

However the curve of rapid rises in expenses vs actual return on investment begins to break the bank (See Colorado), players begin to leave and overall talent wains. Who will pay then? We are not there yet but this could be the first indicator.

The large universities have a similar problem as NC and the money needed to win them gets ever larger. The NIL is not the school's money after all but rather the alumni. The imbalance is this and this is not sustainable at this rate of increase.

If a school can prove that there has been tampering with a player by another school, the tampering entity should have to pay a “finders fee” to the original school to cover the cost of recruiting and developing the player.

I doubt it would ever happen but it would create more stability in college athletics. I really don’t think it is fair that a player can make a bunch of money off of the transfer due to tampering and original school is out a lot of time, money and effort in making him successful.

FrogCop19

So be it. I personally have to be financially responsible for myself and family. Let the chips fall where they may. Oh well! Have fun going broke trying to fund this Circus. Just remember there is never enough money for greedy entities or people!
THIS I agree with. Kids like Max stayed through injury, surgery, and getting bumped to second string behind an inferior player. Even after whatever NIL deal he got, he could have left at any time but he didn't.

I'd add that money doesn't make you a different person, it only magnifies who you are. Good kids become great kids, and greedy kids become more greedy.

4 Oaks Frog

This is what what you get when you leave the inmates in charge of the asylum…
The rich get richer, and scheiss everyone else.
TCU sports can drop back to junior college level if that what it takes. I won’t cry too much…

Wexahu

This is what what you get when you leave the inmates in charge of the asylum…
The rich get richer, and scheiss everyone else.
TCU sports can drop back to junior college level if that what it takes. I won’t cry too much…
I won't cry at all. I'm done with it.

The people who are willing to fund this stuff, I just can't figure it out. It actually blows my mind. And with the current structure in place, how can anyone really care who is good or isn't? It's a money-whipping contest and nothing else. Gigantic yawn if you ask me. I actually don't miss it. In fact, I kind of feel dumb for being as invested in it as I was.

NewFrogFan

It is good riddance! College football as we knew it is gone. Just sit back and watch college football implode on itself. Wouldn't be suprised if ESPN is behind a lot of this. What a bunch of scumbags.
I know I am not the only one ready to say college football on TV is good enough these days. There was 0 attention paid to the butts in seats on these rediculous conf realign, now free agency on players is wide open. The one and done syndrome in BB is why I will never buy season tics in that sport. I also think we are seeing what NIL will do to baseball! I can see the end of on campus games for me.

froginmn

NIL deals should be for 4 years. If the player accepts the money the player should have to return 3x all money paid if the player wants the rights their Name, Image or Likeness back. That might deter the active poaching of players. Graduation and medical retirement would be exceptions.
Personally I think that people who have paid to use a departing athlete's likeness should put up billboards with the person's picture and whatever caption they like...

froginmn

I know I am not the only one ready to say college football on TV is good enough these days.
About the only thing the average fan can do to stop this abomination is to STOP watching on TV. If TV contracts are damaged by all of these changes there's potential for it to stop.

Not likely, but watching s CFP with the usual suspects every year will get boring in a hurry.

Putt4Purple

About the only thing the average fan can do to stop this abomination is to STOP watching on TV. If TV contracts are damaged by all of these changes there's potential for it to stop.

Not likely, but watching s CFP with the usual suspects every year will get boring in a hurry.
It had been until TCU made the playoffs. So yea.

TooColdU

This line of thinking has 0% chance of actually being true.
Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

ECM

NIL has turned into something completely different. This has nothing to do with college athletes being able to make money off of their name, image and likeness.

It's pay for play.....in other words, professional sports. A horrible version of it at that.
And anyone with half a brain knew it was going to end up like this.

The NCAA lost every PR battle for 20+ years and then decided to throw the doors open with instant transfer eligibility and "NIL" almost simultaneously. What a complete and total joke this has become.

Big Frog II

NIL deals should be for 4 years. If the player accepts the money the player should have to return 3x all money paid if the player wants the rights their Name, Image or Likeness back. That might deter the active poaching of players. Graduation and medical retirement would be exceptions.
Yes, make them sign a contract. If they want to be paid, then they have to agree to be somewhere for x years or return the money.

ECM

We're going to need to adopt the Florida Marlins championship model. Save all the monies for a decade or more, and spend it all on one year for a shot at the crown every 10-15 years.
I feel like this is kind of what Ole Miss is doing this year -- with a good team returning they went bonkers in the portal. I'm not sure they have the resources to do that year in and year out like Alabama, Georgia or Tennessee do