• The KillerFrogs

Daje Johnson

DickBumpastache

Oh, did he transfer or quit? Because I was under the assumption he still has at least 2 more years to play.

Have you seen our offense? We need all the help we can get right now. Daje would be our starting RB at this point.

ProfessorChaos4

It's not, but humor me: how so? Tucker has carried the ball an average of 10 times per game in the 9 games he has played, so calling him the lone starter would be "inaccurate."

DJ would be getting starter's reps, the same as Catalon is getting right now.

He might be starting... As the corner opposite of Verrett. I thought we wanted to use him there. Considering we moved Gray from receiver to corner, I'd say it's a safe bet they would have done the same with Daje. Doesn't really matter at this point though.

itsalizard

It's not, but humor me: how so? Tucker has carried the ball an average of 10 times per game in the 9 games he has played, so calling him the lone starter would be "inaccurate."

DJ would be getting starter's reps, the same as Catalon is getting right now.
For one, he was recruited as a corner here and would probably be splitting time with KB by now. He might have gotten some jet sweeps for fun but he was not going to get starter's snaps at RB if any at all. JMO.

maximilian

For one, he was recruited as a corner here and would probably be splitting time with KB by now. He might have gotten some jet sweeps for fun but he was not going to get starter's snaps at RB if any at all. JMO.

After his big senior year, the coaches pretty much told him he could play wherever he preferred, which he said was offense.

I think his ceiling was highest at CB (still believe that), but he can still be a valuable player on O.

Thread bump was silly; playing as a true freshman anywhere in college football already puts you in the upper echelon of athletes. Pretending we weren't stoked to have Daje when we did is ignoring reality.

Having said that, I look forward to our D hitting him hard on Thursday.

DickBumpastache

He might be starting... As the corner opposite of Verrett. I thought we wanted to use him there. Considering we moved Gray from receiver to corner, I'd say it's a safe bet they would have done the same with Daje. Doesn't really matter at this point though.

We moved Boykin from QB to RB before Casey got busted...position is a flexible thing when you have little to no depth. And the staff told Daje he could play offense if he felt it was the best spot for him. Never want to paint yourself into a corner with kids; that is how OU lost Brandon Carter.

It is ultimately irrelevant what he might have played had he stuck with his commitment, but you are a moron if you think this team couldn't have used Daje Johnson (see: BelushiBob)

BelushiBob

It is ultimately irrelevant what he might have played had he stuck with his commitment, but you are a moron if you think this team couldn't have used Daje Johnson (see: BelushiBob)

You have a real big mouth internet tough guy. I never said we couldn't use him but looking at his numbers they seem pedestrian. You read everything, you would think he is Reggie Bush. thats not the case.

maximilian

You have a real big mouth internet tough guy. I never said we couldn't use him but looking at his numbers they seem pedestrian. You read everything, you would think he is Reggie Bush. thats not the case.

A true freshman has pedestrian numbers in limited PT? I, for one, am shocked.

He has better #'s than Aaron Green did his freshman year at Nebraska, and TCU fans are chomping at the bit (rightfully so) to get to next year so we can see AG in the backfield. Is it a product mostly of high school hype? Sure, but not completely without merit.

Daje isn't playing as a true freshman because of injuries; he impressed the coaches so much in summer practices/August that they put him in the rotation.