• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: Big 12 football can be saved by Big 12 teams

Frog-in-law1995

"In 2014, Baylor probably would have made the playoff had it played a representative non-conference schedule; instead, the Bears played SMU, Northwestern State of Louisiana and Buffalo, and the playoff committee elevated Ohio State past Baylor."

Darn this stupid darning article. I'm even going to waste any more of my life explaining how mother darning stupid the above quote is. Darn you Berry Tramel.

He's probably right.

Big 12 teams need to win out of conference games. Big 12 needs to win these big games with lots of viewers that are not just Big 12 fans. Big 12 hasn't been doing that and it sours the conference right away.

Big 12 needs a playoff appearance and at least get to the final game (but someone will have to win it all soon for respect and perception, preferably TCU. To slant this towards a TCU conversation, in my opinion if TCU wins it, Big 12 has another big time contender for the title forever in the conference that isn't the blue bloods OU/UT, which is great for the conference strength. And personally I think it would save TCU from ever being thought of to be left behind if Big 12 were to ever break apart).

And all Big 12 teams that make a bowl needs to do well in the bowl games.

Last edited:

Boonescabanaboy

Exactly. It's not Tom Hermans job to worry about the conference, he's paid to win games for Texas. The Presidents and ADs can promote the conference.

It's this Texas first, and only that cause them to be such a cancer to the conference.

Herman came across like he thinks he's the big dog in the conference at Big 12 media days. In reality he's a guy with 2 years experience as a head coach taking over at a school which has had 3 losing seasons in row.

Even if it's just talk, it wouldn't hurt Herman to recognize that UT benefits from a strong conference.

Boonescabanaboy

Think it's fair for a first year coach to be focused on his program. If Gary came out and said the same things none of us would have a problem with it

Right, but TCU isn't driving another marriage to divorce court in the last 2 decades. It's different coming from UT because they are the problem.

At this time hatred of Baylor is the only thing unifying this conference.

Well the only Blue Blood so called private schools are Notre Dame and USC. Stanford is up and coming, but they get no respect in Pac 12 or nationally. Oregon has been up and coming, but since Chip Kelly left not so much. Utah had a nice year last year. TCU has had a long sustained run of success, but not so much in the Big Boy conference according to media. TCU also faces the Big 12 sucks and is the worst Power Five Conference bias now too. If TCU wins we should have since Texas is down and OU lost Stoops. If we do win the conference and run the table the Big 12 is so weak any 11 and 1 team should get in playoff not TCU. You can see the narrative coming miles away.

What I don't understand is we travel well to bowls and we get really great TV ratings. What am I missing why does TCU scare networks or bowl reps? Is it simply we aren't a proven Blue Blood commodity like Bama, Ohio State? We don't get the top 5 star talent? We don't put enough players in the NFL? What is the issue with TCU?

Wexahu

[QUOTEWhat is the issue with TCU?[/QUOTE]

You need to get a grip. There is no "issue" with TCU, we just need to win more.

5 years into the Big 12 three of those seasons we've been 7-5, 4-8 and 6-7. That ain't that great.

You act like we're knocking on the door of conference and national championships every year and nobody is paying attention. We were all over the headlines in 2014 and 2015 when we were WINNING.

Zubaz

On New Year's Day 2013, Florida State was about to play Northern Illinois in the Orange Bowl, and many thought Florida State would lose.
No. Nobody thought that. Northern Illinois was the first and only team to get in to the BCS as a non-AQ team with a loss. Nobody thought they should have been there. Literally the biggest news going in to that game was everyone laughing at the Northern Illinois QB claiming their offense was going to wear Florida State out. Then they got routed.

I'd rather the institution had never raped, roided and downfield pass blocked its way to temporary football mediocrity, but will accept the unifying disgust as a silver lining!

If you really think about it Baylor's cheating cost TCU making the first College Football Playoff. That 3 point loss on their field took us out of the CFP. All those rapist playing that should have been kicked out of school and off the football team etc. The cover ups corruption, illegal recruiting you name it. Even if the vacate the win we will never get the chance to play in the playoffs and win a national championship. We should just give ourself one for the undefeated season and bowl crushing of Ole MIss.

Purp

If you really think about it Baylor's cheating cost TCU making the first College Football Playoff. That 3 point loss on their field took us out of the CFP. All those rapist playing that should have been kicked out of school and off the football team etc. The cover ups corruption, illegal recruiting you name it. Even if the vacate the win we will never get the chance to play in the playoffs and win a national championship. We should just give ourself one for the undefeated season and bowl crushing of Ole MIss.
Are you an Aggy? This would be a very Baylorish thing to do too.

Are you an Aggy? This would be a very Baylorish thing to do too.

I almost said exactly that, Like A&M we could claim a National Championship. Oh well you caught me. We wouldn't do that, but sux just like when Auburn made the two team BCS instead of TCU when we went 12 and 0 and won the Rose Bowl. Cam Newton cheating Dad getting paid the 1 week investigation and then clearing of Cam Newton. Don't remember the other team Auburn beat, but that is twice TCU was screwed out of a chance to win a title.