• The KillerFrogs

Colin Blake, Trey Williams

froginaustin

Both of them seem to be great prospects, but maybe they better think quick.

The more desirable programs seem to be filling their classes.

And the print version of the American-Statesman, this morning, talks about what a great recruiter Sumlin is, and how he is already on the road smoozing A&M commits and other possible recruits.

I will never understand the mind of somebody who actually wants to go to A&M, especially to play football.

It's just such a weird, weird place. I've never met an Aggie who didn't seem to be missing a chromosome.

How do these kids decide that it is the place for them? Especially considering the state of general disarray their football program is in right now.

When I was deciding where to go with my Army ROTC scholarship, I took an "official" to A&M for a weekend. I called my mom on Saturday afternoon and begged her to come get me. That place is an absolute looney bin.

IronSkillet

Ags fans should thank their lucky stars for the enthusiasm and charisma of Matt Davis. Somehow I think Williams will still wind up in College Station but I'm very hopeful about Blake.

FROGDADDY

Stellar quote by Davis at the end. "We're not coming to A&M to play in the Fed Ex Bowl"????? Not sure whay bowl he thinks that is, but if it's the one Fed Ex sponsors it would be the biggest bowl game A&M has ever played in. He's right though, they'll likely never play in it. As for the other recruits, I would guess there's a decent chance they all stick with A&M.

TCURiggs

I will never understand the mind of somebody who actually wants to go to A&M, especially to play football.

It's just such a weird, weird place. I've never met an Aggie who didn't seem to be missing a chromosome.

How do these kids decide that it is the place for them? Especially considering the state of general disarray their football program is in right now.

When I was deciding where to go with my Army ROTC scholarship, I took an "official" to A&M for a weekend. I called my mom on Saturday afternoon and begged her to come get me. That place is an absolute looney bin.

There are definitely some strange Aggies out there, but I also know quite a few good ones. Also, say what you will about them, but that is one impressive atmosphere on game day.

Houston Frog

There are definitely some strange Aggies out there, but I also know quite a few good ones. Also, say what you will about them, but that is one impressive atmosphere on game day.

Actually, most all Aggies I know (with a couple notable exceptions) are solid people and level-headed individuals.

I still thank my lucky stars every day that I didn't go there, but the group as a whole gets stereotyped poorly by some of their more extreme graduates.

Lone Frog

Actually, most all Aggies I know (with a couple notable exceptions) are solid people and level-headed individuals.

I still thank my lucky stars every day that I didn't go there, but the group as a whole gets stereotyped poorly by some of their more extreme graduates.

This. I have some very good friends who are A&M grads. Even a couple who were in the corps. Every fan base has its weirdos (though I grant A&M's weirdos can be more extreme than others).

FROGDADDY

This. I have some very good friends who are A&M grads. Even a couple who were in the corps. Every fan base has its weirdos (though I grant A&M's weirdos can be more extreme than others).
The corps is a deal breaker for me. One of my wife's friends is married to a guy who was in the corps. I refuse to even look at him.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Stellar quote by Davis at the end. "We're not coming to A&M to play in the Fed Ex Bowl"????? Not sure whay bowl he thinks that is, but if it's the one Fed Ex sponsors it would be the biggest bowl game A&M has ever played in. He's right though, they'll likely never play in it. As for the other recruits, I would guess there's a decent chance they all stick with A&M.

Especially since FedEx no longer sponsors a bowl.

WIN

The problem with most aggies is how they have looked down on TCU. There is an elitist mentality with that bunch I find hard to overcome.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
The problem with most aggies is how they have looked down on TCU. There is an elitist mentality with that bunch I find hard to overcome.

That losing streak we have against them doesn't help even though most non-ags know TCU is a much better program that TAMU the last 10 years. We blew the one shot we had and no way will they schedule us during the season.

jake102

I've yet to meet an Aggie who isn't a tad strange about their Aggy tradition crap. I hate hearing about the "Aggy network" more than anything.

Most are solid people and level-headed, but they all have a little bit of brainwash in them.

WIN

That losing streak we have against them doesn't help even though most non-ags know TCU is a much better program that TAMU the last 10 years. We blew the one shot we had and no way will they schedule us during the season.

Agreed, the last time we played it did not help when we were on offense we were outnumbered 12 to 10.

angelo's frog

Some of my favorite relatives and best friends have been Aggies. However, the whole male cheerleader in the white costume + corp [ Finebaum ]s dressed like brownshirts + guy in overalls thing kinda creeps me out. Then you add in the fact that their administration put the dis in dysfunctional and the old money hard [Craig James] Ags are so resistant to bringing things like the Corps into the 21st century that they will torpedo anyone who even thinks about it and I am very reluctant to ever send my kids there despite the fact that I know a lot of really good Ags.

froginaustin

So is the atmosphere at a mass wedding conducted by the Rev. Sun Myung Moon (watched one years ago, on TV).

worthag03

Ags fans should thank their lucky stars for the enthusiasm and charisma of Matt Davis. Somehow I think Williams will still wind up in College Station but I'm very hopeful about Blake.

Nail on the head here. I'm not sure where all the Trey Williams rumors are coming from considering he wears and A&M hat everywhere he goes and constantly tweets about the Aggswag movement with Matt Davis, but I am worried about Blake. I'm not even counting him in this class because there's more than enough smoke to make me think he's gone for good. That said, Matt Davis could be our biggest recruit in the past 10 years even if he doesn't produce on the field. Our class would have been scattered a long time ago without him.

As for recruits coming to A&M, the only thing saving our bacon the last ten years has been our ability to pack 90k into Kyle Field and our gameday atmosphere. If it were up to winning we would have gone by the wayside save a couple of years. When we finally start to win again we'll be able to sell both, but thankfully A&M always has something to sell.