• The KillerFrogs

Coaching changes after this season?

BBG817

More experienced players would help more than new coaches.

Better depth would help more than new coaches.

Better blockers upfront would help more than new coaches

There are a couple of coaches that we could possibly trade out for better recruiters but the problem is more on the field than sideline. You don’t do what we have done in the past so many years with that many bad coaches. The main difference is the players. Growing people up can take time and be painful

Frog Island

More experienced players would help more than new coaches.

Better depth would help more than new coaches.

Better blockers upfront would help more than new coaches

There are a couple of coaches that we could possibly trade out for better recruiters but the problem is more on the field than sideline. You don’t do what we have done in the past so many years with that many bad coaches. The main difference is the players. Growing people up can take time and be painful

Better coached players and better recruits would help also. All that is on the coaches!!!

CountryFrog

if you really believe losing to tech is anything comparable to vtech losing to odu you have just confirmed a number of things
Yea. Tech may have an awful defense but they're a legit P5 team. I'm pretty sure Old Dominion's only win all year was against VT and that's despite them playing really bad teams on a weekly basis.

CountryFrog

He’s at a better job so he ain’t leaving voluntarily.
I'm not one of the people clamoring for Fuente to come be our HC one day but the idea that Virginia Tech is a better job than TCU is just an opinion. I'm sure there are lots of people on the east coast who share that opinion but I'm sure there are just as many if not more people nationally who would disagree.

Ultimately it only matters what the opinion of the coach in question is. But it's not like Virginia Tech is some national power program that coaches and players all over the country dream of going to.

Eight

Not being an arse, but regardless, it's Rice. There are only 19 schools worse than Tech out of a 124 rankings.

so you are trying to say rice and tech have played the very same schedule?

obviously you aren't that foolish so you do understand that raw numbers that aren't adjusted for things such as the level of the opponent carry as much weight as any opinion uttered on this or any other fan site

Horny4TCU

if you really believe losing to tech is anything comparable to vtech losing to odu you have just confirmed a number of things
They both don't have a defense. The only advantage Tech has is a [ profanity ] coach and a productive offense. ODU sucks and it's a bad loss, but at least it is still an FBS school.

Horny4TCU

so you are trying to say rice and tech have played the very same schedule?

obviously you aren't that foolish so you do understand that raw numbers that aren't adjusted for things such as the level of the opponent carry as much weight as any opinion uttered on this or any other fan site
Even unadjusted, Tech still has the worst defense in the Big 12. We lost to them by only scoring 14 points on the worst defense in the conference. We had three games in a row where we didn't break 20 points, something has got to change.

Salfrog

Tier 1
He is, but I can still dream...

However, I know that Fuente was a great young talent that was discovered after Patterson finally let go of one of his loyal friends. Imagine what could happen if he did that with Sharp and Anderson. Assuming we get some great young aspiring minds and coaches in there.

Fuente was hand picked by Coach Winder to replace him when he retired.

I would start with our two WR coaches - Anderson and Burns. Burns is supposed to be a great East TX recruiter, but it isn’t offsetting poor WR play.

And Sharp seems like a non-factor most of the time.
Barring some off the field thing (and I AM NOT hinting on exists) I seriously doubt Anderson is going and I’m not convinced he should go