• The KillerFrogs

CBS' Tim Brando on moving the TCU-Utah game

Goo

It's a strange world when Tulsa ND on NBC but Top-5 matchup on CBSCSN

I also think TCU wouldnt agree to moving time of game. Fans travel arrangments and taking night crow out of equation, temperature, etc

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
LSU/BAMA shown to be at 7 pm on ESPN.com for at least 6 hours, I checked it early in the day, something is up. There is more to this story than the MWC just saying no.

Metropolis777

Skimming around the LSU boards and Twitter, I'm seeing a little talk about the possibility that Bama at LSU will be pushed back to primetime on CBS making the way for a simulcast of TCU at Utah on CBS in the afternoon. Wouldn't surprise me. LSU would move a kickoff to the night anytime they get the chance. Hell, they'd probably be willing to do that with only 10 minutes notice!

Cougar/Frog

LSU and its fans would probably prefer a night game anyway....but so would Utah. I do not want to play Utah at night once again.

I hope that TCU is voicing a strong opinion not to move the game to a night slot --- but it would be nice if CBS moved LSU and put TCU in its earlier slot. Nice way to maximize revenue for CBS. However, I would almost worry that the TCU/Utah game would become an advertisement for the SEC....

Metropolis777

Here's my other take on things. If we're not going to be on CBS, I want to be on at the same time as the LSU/Bama game. Why you ask?

CBS is going to be giving constant in game updates of our game during the LSU/Bama game. I'm sure they will continually say during those updates "That game is over on CBS College Sports which is in a free preview this weekend. Check your listings." So 2 things are going to happen. People watching the LSU/Bama game are going to be updated and educated regularly about our game AND many are going to scramble to find our game.

This is why - if we can't be on CBS - I'd rather be on during the day on CBS College instead of in primetime when CBS can't pimp us as much.