• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports: Miles Sanders says new Panthers teammate Andy Dalton is 'a future Hall of Famer'

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Miles Sanders says new Panthers teammate Andy Dalton is 'a future Hall of Famer'​

Story by Garrett Podell

AA1dW7yP.img

Pro Bowl running back Miles Sanders switched NFL teams for the first time in his five-year career this offseason -- going from his hometown to Philadelphia Eagles to the Carolina Panthers after signing a four-year, $25.4 million contract in free agency -- and he's doing what he can to ingratiate himself with his new teammates. When on local radio in Charlotte, Sanders showered effusive praise for the Panthers quarterback room, specifically 12-year veteran Andy Dalton.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-dalton-is-a-future-hall-of-famer/ar-AA1dWcCW

JugbandFrog

Andy has good stats, but a lot of good, memorable qbs don't come close to the Hall of Fame.

I feel he would have been great at New England that one year that I believe they were really considering him. I imagine how different it would have been.

JogginFrog

Don't sleep on the Panthers this year. Bryce Young has talent and smarts, and Andy will be a legitimate friend and mentor even as he pushes to start. Sanders will get 1,000 yards, and that will open up secondaries. Can't think of a better situation for a rookie. And the schedule is good, too.

hfhmilkman

Rebuild for the Panthers may be faster as the team was taken down by epically bad QB play. What Dalton brings at this stage of his career is a solid floor. He may not be a QB who can be the dynamic talent who is the difference in a playoff run. What he can be is a QB who will not lose the games you are supposed to win. If Bryce Young is a bomb or not ready, all is not lost. A Dalton led Panthers team is a competitive team.

06DallasFrog

Rebuild for the Panthers may be faster as the team was taken down by epically bad QB play. What Dalton brings at this stage of his career is a solid floor. He may not be a QB who can be the dynamic talent who is the difference in a playoff run. What he can be is a QB who will not lose the games you are supposed to win. If Bryce Young is a bomb or not ready, all is not lost. A Dalton led Panthers team is a competitive team.
If Young isn't ready or just sucks, you want to tank. It sucks for the fans, but it's the right move. Lot of good talent at other positions in the '24 draft.

Obviously he has no shot, but using pro football reference's approximate value, he sits at 116 over his career. That puts him at a tie for 259th all time (list ends at top 250 with nine players tied at 117, so 116 would put him at 259. Assuming or two more years getting a handful of AV points, he'd be ahead of QB names in the hall of fame like Stabler, and Aikman, but the other names in that range (Brunnell, Alex Smith, Gannon, Flacco, Morton) with similar long but relatively undistinguished careers have no shot. And modern day QBs probably have a statistical advantage with more games and more passing.

Still ending up in the top 200 or so in approximate value is nothing to sneeze at.

Last edited:

Brevity Frog

He is a total stud. He’s been my favorite player for many years. Many things have not gone his way. Yet he continues to show great integrity and positivity in all his dealings. And I would love to see him start in Carolina. We will see.