• The KillerFrogs

casey

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Don't worry, you didn't hurt my feelings.
I have always admired talent, probably because I seem to have so little of it. And when someone like Casey wastes their talent, it hurts my heart.
But after reading all these posts, I am looking forward to seeing what Boykin can do, and am excited about our game on Saturday. This may be our finest hour. (Since the Rose Bowl.)
QF

swimmerbabe11

I am usually just a baseball poster.
The multiple threads are mostly due to the laggy nature of the site today.
And questioning policy is not insulting the program. I love TCU and I go to all of the games but that doesn't mean any of us/them are above reproach

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Is this indeed the rule? How many strikes do you get before you're out?

Does Patterson have required guidelines to follow here, or is he completely free to impose whatever level of sanctions he feels appropriate? "Suspended indefinitely" was the quote, but "indefinitely" is a pretty fuzzy concept.

Agree that this is in no way a good situation, but I'm not quite ready to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

After the slack he was given following the cocaine revelations and the heat coach took for not suspending him for the first two games I can't possibly see him coming back this season, if at all.

Nomo

Is this indeed the rule? How many strikes do you get before you're out?

Does Patterson have required guidelines to follow here, or is he completely free to impose whatever level of sanctions he feels appropriate? "Suspended indefinitely" was the quote, but "indefinitely" is a pretty fuzzy concept.

Agree that this is in no way a good situation, but I'm not quite ready to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

I remember this coming up in the Honey Badger thread but first offense is handled internally and according to school/team rules and is usually no game suspensions. Second offense is 2 game suspension while third offense is off the team. Obviously, it depends on the situation but failed drug tests, arrests, violation of team rules, etc. would fall into this category I would imagine.

frogetaboutit

Unfortunate, but this can't be a surprise to many – least of all the coaches. Someone, or something, needs to get this young man’s attention and I would say an indefinite suspension is a start to exactly that happening.

Feel for the team and what should have been a fun and positive first year in the new conference.

Moving on, and as Old Scribe pointed out, anyone remember hearing about Ray McKown? Got his shot as a sophomore due to injury, came in and led the Frogs to a conference championship and cotton bowl berth. Opportunities lost - opportunities gained.

geno

Unfortunate, but this can't be a surprise to many – least of all the coaches. Someone, or something, needs to get this young man’s attention and I would say an indefinite suspension is a start to exactly that happening.

Feel for the team and what should have been a fun and positive first year in the new conference.

Moving on, and as Old Scribe pointed out, anyone remember hearing about Ray McKown? Got his shot as a sophomore due to injury, came in and led the Frogs to a conference championship and cotton bowl berth. Opportunities lost - opportunities gained.

Any way you can use larger type for the benefit of us "mature" people?

I had to let my emotions settle down before I could post anything. I don't know what happened but I do know Casey will have to live with it the rest of his life. I can't see LHCGP suspending him for the rest of the season but you never know. I think a 3-4 game suspension would be good but you have to wonder if Gary has had enough, I just hope not.

I sincerely hope Casey can get his life on track because he has loads of ability.