• The KillerFrogs

Carlos Mendez got let go by FWST

Brog

I'm one of the few left I guess who still gets a paper delivered every morning....takes me about 5 minutes to read and about 2 minutes to read the sports page. I get it more out of habit than anything else.

By 6:30 AM everything is old news. It is what it is, I can't imagine any newspaper being in publication 10 years from now.

Me, too. Their Monday and Tuesday editions of the "paper'? More like a leaflet than a newspaper. This week's Monday edition front section, world and local news, was eight pages long, with most of the eight pages being advertisements for Peripheral Neuropathy and Hearing Aids. And Bud Kennedy may be a Frog, but he's a knucklehead anyway, and a fat one. Even Frogs, I hate to say it, can be knuckleheads (starting here)..

Bob

So switch from covering Gary Patterson and TCU athletics to hackey-sack tournaments and disc golf championships out at Pease Park?
No, the Austin Chronicle is the LGBT newspaper in Austin. He could cover keep Austin Wierd rallies.

Big Frog II

Perhaps TCU should think about maybe paying the salary for a dedicated TCU beat writer in the S-T. Trying to share one with everything that is not the Cowboys or Rangers will not work in my estimation. If they quit covering TCU sports to the degree that they have been, they might as well fold up.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
Not one word about the game tonight in today's ST sports section--this is what happens when there is no TCU beat writer
There was an article about Oklahoma's Trae Young though, and the TCU game was in the Radio, TV list, so we've got that going for us, which is nice.

MTfrog5

Feel really bad for Carlos. He was tweeting last night during the game as if he was still covering TCU. Can tell you really enjoyed covering these teams