• The KillerFrogs

Build the left field porch NOW

cdsfrog

To be fair, there were a good number of students last night given how few people total were there.

worked OT here till 6:30pm. couldn't make it. Be there fri/sat/sun next series at home. might make next Tuesday problem is I always have an (overtime) meeting till 6:30pm

toad horny

Nah, with the trees gone, they'll just stand a few feet farther back so they can drink outside the fence. They'd never come in and I'd probably join them from time to time.

I think we have plenty of room right now. I just wish they wouldn't get so butthurt when they have to move seats when a ticket holder shows up.

I was thinking that they would leave the trees/bushes and just plant the grass in front of them on the existing hill.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I've had to ask some students to move a few times and they been very nice - sometimes even apologetic.

Froggle Rock

Keep in mind that the vast majority (I assume) of season ticket holders are alumni, so they've "paid dues" by already paying for tuition and are now fronting additional cash to support the program(s). We've never had seating issues at Lupton, so all of this is new. I'd be suprised if attendance is this strong all year, so I bet this isn't as big of an issue down the road. I'm also confident that it will be dealt with in the future if it continues to be an issue. I'm also a young alum ('05) and I think TCU does a great job catering to the students...free admission to see some of the top programs in the country for starters.

I'm another young alum like you ('09), and I agree with you. Being a first-year baseball and football season ticket holder, I realize now how great I had it when I was an undergrad. While I was attending every singe home game for any athletic team for free, my friends at Texas, OU and other schools around the country were entering lotteries to pay hundreds of dollars to get tickets to a few games. And with how low the season ticket prices are (won't be for too long), I'm still very thankful for all that TCU has done to provide the ultimate student/alumni athletic experience.

I do think that installing outfield seating at Lupton is a great idea, and that having a students only section is also smart. But for now I'll settle for buying cheap season tickets and every now and then booting an undergrad out of my seats.