• The KillerFrogs

BU Take On Yesterday’s Game

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
It's college football guys. Fans rushing the field is what every school does when they upset a highly ranked team. It happens all the time. Especially when they've had the type of season we've had this year.

We did it in 2019 when we beat ut, 2015 when we beat baylor, 2014 when we beat ou, 2009 when we beat Utah.

Relax and enjoy the win.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
It's college football guys. Fans rushing the field is what every school does when they upset a highly ranked team. It happens all the time. Especially when they've had the type of season we've had this year.

We did it in 2019 when we beat ut, 2015 when we beat baylor, 2014 when we beat ou, 2009 when we beat Utah.

Relax and enjoy the win.
And probably the same too cool for school folks bitched about it then as well

Horny4TCU

And probably the same too cool for school folks bitched about it then as well
I'll enjoy it more tomorrow, when I see my coworkers that attended Baylor.
white teeth troll GIF

Armadillo

This. And as HoosierFrog pointed out, it’s not about them being our Super Bowl (which is laughable and textbook Baylor delusion) or even rivalry in the traditional sense - it’s just pure unadulterated hate.

I simply hate Baylor as an institution and a fan base.

It was frustrating that Baylor made it into the Big XII for apparent political reasons (but same could be said of Tech), but many TCU fans grew to hate Baylor because of the way their fans constantly claimed that Baylor was better than TCU in the years that followed despite there being absolutely no comparison on the field. Years in which TCU, being left in the wilderness for dead, was scrapping and clawing its way back into relevance (understandably shaken by being left out of its traditional conference home, but doing what it took to build a genuinely competitive program with none of the resources, recruitment, or coverage that come with Big XII membership). Meanwhile, Baylor was content for most of that time to collect a multimillion check every year to be a guaranteed win for others in the conference yet was crowing about how much better they were than TCU despite not even having a winning record in any single season for the vast vast majority of their time in the conference. And when they would play (and lose to) TCU, it was a “fluke.” And yeah, I hated that.

When they did begin to improve their program under Briles, I (and so many others on here) hated what we all saw as some very shady tactics in how he was doing it.

I hated how aggressively delusional their fan base was (is) and how that culture was reflected in their coaching staff (see “Good Job Big XII”).

I hated the the way that [ Tapefingers ] asked recruits if they liked white women, because they have a lot of them) - actually, I hated pretty much everything about that tape-fingered Brilesbag and his oh so punchable face. Truly king dork in a kingdom of dorks.

I hate how they inflate their academic standings, applications, and selectivity.

I hate how sanctimonious that school is despite a loooong history of scandal going back to the time when they had missionaries in South America sending them child slaves to work for the school’s administrators (oh yeah! Look it up!) to more recent scandals involving the murder of a basketball player and a cat (RIP Queso).

I hate Waco and the fact that it could stand in as the town from Footloose.

I hate these and so many other things about Baylor.

But the thing that really put it over the top for me was the rape scandal, the way that their program, administration, and fan base responded (made worse by a toothless and impotent NCAA). I hope that Briles dies screaming and rots in hell and I hope that Ken Starr spends the rest of his miserable life in a Turkish prison.

So, yeah… I hate Baylor and wouldn’t root for them in a fight against cancer. And not a damned part of that has to do with them being our Super Bowl.
Too long, but read it twice!

Paint It Purple

Relax and enjoy the win.
totally agree. You want the students to show up for games, let them have fun in a way that creates memorable moments that they want to experience again and again.

LisaLT

Just rewatched the game. Still cannot believe how well we played as a TEAM. Wow.

Still in awe of Morris. After the first half, I really felt comfortable that we would be able to win this game. The feeling of believing in your offense to march down the field and score has been a huge question mark this season (at least for me). Kicking game aside lol.

I know it’s just one game, one heck of a game, but wow. Just wow. If we can take down OSU on the road next week, well I might have to go to the ER.

Very hopeful for the future.

Relax and enjoy the win.
Relax, I wasn't complaining about us rushing the field. I was making the point (with a touch of sarcasm) that they weren't exactly wrong about how big the win was to us.

Ron Swanson

This. And as HoosierFrog pointed out, it’s not about them being our Super Bowl (which is laughable and textbook Baylor delusion) or even rivalry in the traditional sense - it’s just pure unadulterated hate.

I simply hate Baylor as an institution and a fan base.

It was frustrating that Baylor made it into the Big XII for apparent political reasons (but same could be said of Tech), but many TCU fans grew to hate Baylor because of the way their fans constantly claimed that Baylor was better than TCU in the years that followed despite there being absolutely no comparison on the field. Years in which TCU, being left in the wilderness for dead, was scrapping and clawing its way back into relevance (understandably shaken by being left out of its traditional conference home, but doing what it took to build a genuinely competitive program with none of the resources, recruitment, or coverage that come with Big XII membership). Meanwhile, Baylor was content for most of that time to collect a multimillion check every year to be a guaranteed win for others in the conference yet was crowing about how much better they were than TCU despite not even having a winning record in any single season for the vast vast majority of their time in the conference. And when they would play (and lose to) TCU, it was a “fluke.” And yeah, I hated that.

When they did begin to improve their program under Briles, I (and so many others on here) hated what we all saw as some very shady tactics in how he was doing it.

I hated how aggressively delusional their fan base was (is) and how that culture was reflected in their coaching staff (see “Good Job Big XII”).

I hated the the way that [ Tapefingers ] asked recruits if they liked white women, because they have a lot of them) - actually, I hated pretty much everything about that tape-fingered Brilesbag and his oh so punchable face. Truly king dork in a kingdom of dorks.

I hate how they inflate their academic standings, applications, and selectivity.

I hate how sanctimonious that school is despite a loooong history of scandal going back to the time when they had missionaries in South America sending them child slaves to work for the school’s administrators (oh yeah! Look it up!) to more recent scandals involving the murder of a basketball player and a cat (RIP Queso).

I hate Waco and the fact that it could stand in as the town from Footloose.

I hate these and so many other things about Baylor.

But the thing that really put it over the top for me was the rape scandal, the way that their program, administration, and fan base responded (made worse by a toothless and impotent NCAA). I hope that Briles dies screaming and rots in hell and I hope that Ken Starr spends the rest of his miserable life in a Turkish prison.

So, yeah… I hate Baylor and wouldn’t root for them in a fight against cancer. And not a damned part of that has to do with them being our Super Bowl.
Preach GIF

WIN

Relax and enjoy the win.

Yes, and storming the field is a joy when there is no pepper spray involved.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
As to players and coaches, particularly in the post Briles era, I’ve never detected a particular emphasis on BU. Obviously there is a contingent of fans who view the game as especially important. I like beating Baylor as much as anyone but I would have much preferred TCU to be competitive with OSU and OU. Tbh beating UT gives me much more fan satisfaction than beating Baylor. So yeah, maybe some fans think of the game as a super bowl but I just have not seen that from the team
By way of the UT/ BU relative significance: There are teams which you totally want to beat, and there are teams to which you never ever want to loose...they need not be the same.