• The KillerFrogs

BU Take On Yesterday’s Game

TCU2002

Bottom line for me is that Baylor was included in the original Big 12 and tried leaving TCU to rot, refusing to schedule the Frogs for a decade and running us down every chance they could.

As payback, I want to beat Baylor like a drum until the end of this century or so. They have it coming, and it is an important game. They can keep taking their purple Ls while thinking of TCU as beneath them - fine with me.

Screw ‘em.

Moose Stuff

I’m not sure they’re entirely wrong. For whatever reason some of their best teams have struggled with some of our worst teams. Flip side of that is when they’ve been bad we’ve absolutely jackhammered them. If we were in their shoes I’m certain very similar posts would be appearing on this board.

Horny4TCU

I’m not sure they’re entirely wrong. For whatever reason some of their best teams have struggled with some of our worst teams. Flip side of that is when they’ve been bad we’ve absolutely jackhammered them. If we were in their shoes I’m certain very similar posts would be appearing on this board.
Either that or talented players don't want to get stuck in Waco and have guys like this cheering for them...

index.php

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
As to players and coaches, particularly in the post Briles era, I’ve never detected a particular emphasis on BU. Obviously there is a contingent of fans who view the game as especially important. I like beating Baylor as much as anyone but I would have much preferred TCU to be competitive with OSU and OU. Tbh beating UT gives me much more fan satisfaction than beating Baylor. So yeah, maybe some fans think of the game as a super bowl but I just have not seen that from the team

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Bottom line for me is that Baylor was included in the original Big 12 and tried leaving TCU to rot, refusing to schedule the Frogs for a decade and running us down every chance they could.

As payback, I want to beat Baylor like a drum until the end of this century or so. They have it coming, and it is an important game. They can keep taking their purple Ls while thinking of TCU as beneath them - fine with me.

Screw ‘em.
In all fairness, were they going to say, “no, we won’t go unless TCU gets in”? I’m pretty sure we would’ve done the exact thing if the gov was a TCU grad. Having said that, screw Baylor!

Brog

Sorry, Moose, but even here on a beautiful Sunday morning, I have no room for a sympathetic Baylor post. They deserve eternal and everlasting contempt.

In all fairness, were they going to say, “no, we won’t go unless TCU gets in”? I’m pretty sure we would’ve done the exact thing if the gov was a TCU grad. Having said that, screw Baylor!
It wasn't just that. It was the incessant BS about how they play in the Big XII, so them going 3-9 is better than us going 11-1 in the CUSA, WAC or Mountain West, despite us beating them every time.

The ONLY time I ever sensed "super bowl" atmosphere was in 2011 when they squeaked out a win with RG III. But that was Baylor treating TCU as their superbowl, not the other way around.

Departure from their cloistered Baptist monastery and suddenly thrust into a

vibrant Metroplex was obviously a perplexing experience for Baylor's yokels. ;)

Frogcrates

Not our Super Bowl at all, just plain old unadulterated hate…
It wasn't just that. It was the incessant BS about how they play in the Big XII, so them going 3-9 is better than us going 11-1 in the CUSA, WAC or Mountain West, despite us beating them every time.

The ONLY time I ever sensed "super bowl" atmosphere was in 2011 when they squeaked out a win with RG III. But that was Baylor treating TCU as their superbowl, not the other way around.

This. And as HoosierFrog pointed out, it’s not about them being our Super Bowl (which is laughable and textbook Baylor delusion) or even rivalry in the traditional sense - it’s just pure unadulterated hate.

I simply hate Baylor as an institution and a fan base.

It was frustrating that Baylor made it into the Big XII for apparent political reasons (but same could be said of Tech), but many TCU fans grew to hate Baylor because of the way their fans constantly claimed that Baylor was better than TCU in the years that followed despite there being absolutely no comparison on the field. Years in which TCU, being left in the wilderness for dead, was scrapping and clawing its way back into relevance (understandably shaken by being left out of its traditional conference home, but doing what it took to build a genuinely competitive program with none of the resources, recruitment, or coverage that come with Big XII membership). Meanwhile, Baylor was content for most of that time to collect a multimillion check every year to be a guaranteed win for others in the conference yet was crowing about how much better they were than TCU despite not even having a winning record in any single season for the vast vast majority of their time in the conference. And when they would play (and lose to) TCU, it was a “fluke.” And yeah, I hated that.

When they did begin to improve their program under Briles, I (and so many others on here) hated what we all saw as some very shady tactics in how he was doing it.

I hated how aggressively delusional their fan base was (is) and how that culture was reflected in their coaching staff (see “Good Job Big XII”).

I hated the the way that Kendall Briles asked recruits if they liked white women, because they have a lot of them) - actually, I hated pretty much everything about that tape-fingered Brilesbag and his oh so punchable face. Truly king dork in a kingdom of dorks.

I hate how they inflate their academic standings, applications, and selectivity.

I hate how sanctimonious that school is despite a loooong history of scandal going back to the time when they had missionaries in South America sending them child slaves to work for the school’s administrators (oh yeah! Look it up!) to more recent scandals involving the murder of a basketball player and a cat (RIP Queso).

I hate Waco and the fact that it could stand in as the town from Footloose.

I hate these and so many other things about Baylor.

But the thing that really put it over the top for me was the rape scandal, the way that their program, administration, and fan base responded (made worse by a toothless and impotent NCAA). I hope that Briles dies screaming and rots in hell and I hope that Ken Starr spends the rest of his miserable life in a Turkish prison.

So, yeah… I hate Baylor and wouldn’t root for them in a fight against cancer. And not a damned part of that has to do with them being our Super Bowl.

Froginbedford

This. And as HoosierFrog pointed out, it’s not about them being our Super Bowl (which is laughable and textbook Baylor delusion) or even rivalry in the traditional sense - it’s just pure unadulterated hate.

It was frustrating that Baylor made it into the Big XII for apparent political reasons (but same could be said of Tech), but many TCU fans grew to hate Baylor because of the way their fans constantly claimed that Baylor was better than TCU in the years that followed despite there being absolutely no comparison on the field. Years in which TCU, being left in the wilderness for dead, was scrapping and clawing its way back into relevance (understandably shaken by being left out of its traditional conference home, but doing what it took to build a genuinely competitive program with none of the resources, recruitment, or coverage that come with Big XII membership). Meanwhile, Baylor was content for most of that time to collect a multimillion check every year to be a guaranteed win for others in the conference yet was crowing about how much better they were than TCU despite not even having a winning record in any single season for the vast vast majority of their time in the conference. And when they would play (and lose to) TCU, it was a “fluke.” And yeah, I hated that.

When they did begin to improve their program under Briles, I (and so many others on here) hated what we all saw as some very shady tactics in how he was doing it.

I hated how aggressively delusional their fan base was (is) and how that culture was reflected in their coaching staff (see “Good Job Big XII”).

I hated the the way that [ Tapefingers ] asked recruits if they liked white women, because they have a lot of them) - actually, I hated pretty much everything about that tape-fingered Brilesbag and his oh so punchable face. Truly king dork in a kingdom of dorks.

I hate how they inflate their academic standings, applications, and selectivity.

I hate how sanctimonious that school is despite a loooong history of scandal going back to the time when they had missionaries in South America sending them child slaves to work for the school’s administrators (oh yeah! Look it up!) to more recent scandals involving the murder of a basketball player and a cat (RIP Queso).

But the thing that really put it over the top for me was the rape scandal, the way that their program, administration, and fan base responded (made worse by a toothless and impotent NCAA). I hope that Briles dies screaming and rots in hell and I hope that Ken Starr spends the rest of his miserable life in a Turkish prison.

So, yeah… I hate Baylor and wouldn’t root for them in a fight against cancer. And not a damned part of that has to do with them being our Super Bowl.

Whew!

Brog

I hated the the way that [ Tapefingers ] asked recruits if they liked white women, because they have a lot of them) - actually, I hated pretty much everything about that tape-fingered Brilesbag and his oh so punchable face. Truly king dork in a kingdom of dorks.

How do you really feel?

Mean Purple

You guys were the #12 team in the country. If you’re that good, shouldn’t matter if it was TCU Super Bowl or not. Y’all got worked by our second string QB and third string running back. And you lose to TCU all the time. Frankly, it should have been YOUR Super Bowl. So what happened?
Exactly. Guy at church this morning when someone asked why TCU rushed the field after beating a team they beat frequently:
That had little to do with baylor and more to do with those players and students going through a very emotional week.

Horny4TCU

Exactly. Guy at church this morning when someone asked why TCU rushed the field after beating a team they beat frequently:
That had little to do with baylor and more to do with those players and students going through a very emotional week.
Yup.

That interception was better than coitus for my feelings. We watched a completely different team a week ago, fired the only coach I have really known at TCU ( I vaguely remember Fran), and we protected the Carter!