• The KillerFrogs

BSB: Friday 2/16 Game Thread - #3 TCU at Grand Canyon

I’m just waiting for the first meltdown from the chicken-littles when someone commits an error, or we give up a home run. Or God forbid, a loss or two.

It’s like Spring doesn’t begin until that happens

Double V

Oklahoma State played their season-opening series at GCU last year. They lost 2 of 3 and were actually lucky not to have been swept.

GCU is an interesting place. For decades a tiny private Christian college in a bad part of Phoenix, it reorganized as a for-profit institution run by the former CEO of University of Phoenix. Ton of online students whose dollars are funding an immense amount of construction, sparking urban renewal in the area.
It's actually a VERY interesting case-study in funding higher education. Pretty cool place.

I hope we smoke 'em!!

AroundWorldFrog

AroundWorldFrog

Haha, you're AroundWorldFrog. I'm AroundMetroplexFrog. Where's that?
Basically due south of Phoenix not far over the mexican border on the Sea of Cortez. A cheap man's cheap seaside resort. Only half a state and part of a country away.

Rocky-Point-Map-2.png

flyfishingfrog

Haha, you're AroundWorldFrog. I'm AroundMetroplexFrog. Where's that?
Mexican "resort" area on the coast on Sea of Cortez just south of Arizona by about 60 miles...20 years ago when I lived in Scottsdale it was the up and coming place to vacation in Mexico for people from the state - not sure if it ever got to actually be the place or is still an up and comer.