• The KillerFrogs

BSB: Friday 2/16 Game Thread - #3 TCU at Grand Canyon

PO Frog

Luken would have caught that. That’s a routine pop up. He’s way better than this board gives him credit for. And Landestoy is the opposite. Once again, there is a reason he doesn’t start.
I don’t think he’s bad but between CW and Landy I like Landy. Hope CW makes me eat
my words game after game like his great AB last night.

hometown frog

I was glad to see the young team step into a loud road game and just play good solid baseball. It’s hard to get young players to relax and just play at times. I took that as a big positive moving forward.

Add in the fact that they all got to be a part of a little NEGU magic in game 1 and I’m happy. (Now during the game I was frustrated and annoyed w the Ks and lack of big hits...)

Punter1

I've been a 'Destroy fan for a long time and love him at 1st...althoigh on this team it's harder to hide his bat.

I don't think it comes down to a ML vs CW for playing time...its more ML vs Balta. Although I know little about Balta I think our most complete lineup would be ML at 1st and CW in the OF.

FrogsUp

All I know is that GCU.TV is fantastic. The quality is great and they cover all games not on television. Why doesn't TCU have this type of quality and coverage? Step it up TCU!

ftwfrog

All I know is that GCU.TV is fantastic. The quality is great and they cover all games not on television. Why doesn't TCU have this type of quality and coverage? Step it up TCU!
Trying to go back & find the post. But any help on how I find this on my smart tv for today’s game would be appreciated. Smart TV, Dumb user.

Someone mentioned YouTube? Just use the YouTube app & search GCU TV ??

FrogsUp

Trying to go back & find the post. But any help on how I find this on my smart tv for today’s game would be appreciated. Smart TV, Dumb user.

Someone mentioned YouTube? Just use the YouTube app & search GCU TV ??
Yes youtube works. GCUTV is actually a youtube channel. So just use the youtube app and search GCU TV and you will find it.

flyfishingfrog

Yes youtube works. GCUTV is actually a youtube channel. So just use the youtube app and search GCU TV and you will find it.
Exactly - your smart tv should have a set of native applications you can access from the tv’s main menu

One of them will almost definitely be the YouTube app

Select it and search for GCU TV at game time and you will see the window for the game appear in the app

So easy even an old man like me can figure it out so I know you can do it

Dogfrog

About 10 years ago they had less than 1000 students. They were struggling to keep the doors open, decided to become a diploma mill and have prospered tremendously. I read a year or two ago that they are trying to get back to non-profit status but are in danger of losing accreditations in doing so. But more power to them. Wouldn't be surprised if they add football in a few years. Their kickball stadium holds 6k already.

I’m no expert but struggling to come up with any other college athletic competitors that are “for profit”. Doesn’t that make it harder for them to claim non-employee status for athletes? To me their athletic programs may be ostensibly justified as “for the student athlete” but really for the profit motive.

Of course you could say this is also the case for all the so called non profits but our revenue goes to endowment. Where does theirs go? Just questions I’ve never considered before.

PurpleBlood87

I don’t think you lose too much offensively but gain a lot defensively.

You lose Wanhanen an experienced hitter. Even with Wanhanen's struggles he still hit 285 last season and Landestoy hit 175.

Not mention the fact that Luken probably came to TCU with the expectation of being a position player with the thought that will drive his draft value up.

PO Frog

You lose Wanhanen an experienced hitter. Even with Wanhanen's struggles he still hit 285 last season and Landestoy hit 175.

Not mention the fact that Luken probably came to TCU with the expectation of being a position player with the thought that will drive his draft value up.
Again, IMO I think it's a fair trade off. Landestoy would hit well over .175 over the course of the year but CW is not getting any better defensively. And ML is decent, despite the bunt last night, at getting the ball down or moving guys around. I haven't taken 4 straight teams to the CWS so I'm sure CJS can figure it out without my input, but this is a message board so you guys get to hear my hot takes.