• The KillerFrogs

Boston Globe...BIG EAST Expansion not on hold..not done

Scarface

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1302903735' post='817880']
By the way, coon asses and New Orleans homos are mutually exclusive groups. We use "coonass" like people in Texas use "redneck"-- i.e. a portion of the non-citydwelling population. Your insult is a non sequitur.
[/quote]

Anyway, you're both, swamp queen.

Go Frogs!

57Frog

I hope we never let BYU in a conference with TCU again . I'm tired of the back stabbing ,two faced school and it's near middle aged players .
Go Frogs .

Scarface

I hope we never let BYU in a conference with TCU again . I'm tired of the back stabbing ,two faced school and it's near middle aged players .
Go Frogs .

BYU let us in the WAC and the MWC, not the other way around.

Any conference rival can seem two faced and back stabbing.

You do have a valid argument about the older players though.

Go Frogs!

Mike Brooks

Isnt BYU a control freak? I dont know if UT can offer a large enough allowance for them to be subjugated behind 1/2 the conference. My guess is they are fine with independence.

Limey Frog

In the aftermath of the Big XII missile crisis, David Boren, the University of Oklahoma President and notorious Bilbo Baggins look-a-like, said that it was never a sure bet that OU and A$M would follow UT west, that they had "other options" and would have explored them first. Here is a link to ESPN, which for its other evils is not in the habit of reporting hearsay to get extra hits [ala Bleacher Report]. I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, but conventional wisdom is universally agreed that the Aggots did indeed have some kind of offer to join the SEC. Any conference in its right mind would jump at a chance to add them and the Sooners. I'm sure that's exactly what the SEC had planned -- those guys know which side their bread is buttered.

As for BYU, I agree that they would add much to the BE as a football-only member. I wouldn't mind that move at all. The combination of us joining the BE, BYU helping us out with our 2011 schedule after Tech jobbed us again, and the MWC kicking us on the rear-end on our way out has largely erased the bitterness I felt toward that school a year ago. The problem would be that BYU or any football-only option would leave basketball at an uneven 17 members. I am guessing that is one of several reasons the league is stalling over the 'Nova plan. As the original article in this thread noted, 18 schools could neatly split into two divisions. I guess they could have uneven basketball divisions, but that would create some scheduling issues and just generally look unsightly.

I don't think the long-term plan is going to involve staying at 9 football schools. I don't think there is a master plan yet worked out. I do think the league will do whatever the TV guys tells it is a good idea. And I do not think that our poster from USF knows as much about the inner workings of BE politics as he thinks he knows. [Or that USF is going to replace Miami in the food chain, ever -- for the record.]

TCUdirtbag

BYU is going to be a hard sell to the east coast schools because of the 2 hour time difference that works against every other member of the conference. If you play a 7 PM game in Provo that ends at 10:30, you don't board a plane 'til midnight MT, 3 hour fight to NYC + 2 hours time change = 5 AM. Or you're stuck having to stay in Provo or SLC overnight which adds to costs. Same goes for Boise.

I don't think either will be invited to join for this logistical reason. Though, I would be fine with BYU joining BE. I think BYU's best chance at a BE invite would be Kansas et al are added--then they can justify creating a "west" and "east" division with BYU, TCU, Kan, KState, etc. That said, the irony of Utah in the Pacific 12 and BYU in the Big East would be fantastic.

mtmedlin

I don't think the long-term plan is going to involve staying at 9 football schools. I don't think there is a master plan yet worked out. I do think the league will do whatever the TV guys tells it is a good idea. And I do not think that our poster from USF knows as much about the inner workings of BE politics as he thinks he knows. [Or that USF is going to replace Miami in the food chain, ever -- for the record.]

Never claimed to have full inside knowledge...I have 1 source at Notre Dame who passes on info if it runs through. With that said, I know alot more about the inner workings of the BE than most. I think that sometimes since I pass on inside information and at times make guesses as to what I think will happen, it gets mixed up as me claiming things. In the future I will be more clear as to which is my personal opinion based on my experience and years of watching the BE in comparison to what my sources say.

Also, I never said we would replace Miami but I do believe in the very near future that there will be a Big 4 in Florida, instead of the Big 3. We already beat two of the three... a BE championship would go a long way toward cementing our position.

mtmedlin

BYU is going to be a hard sell to the east coast schools because of the 2 hour time difference that works against every other member of the conference. If you play a 7 PM game in Provo that ends at 10:30, you don't board a plane 'til midnight MT, 3 hour fight to NYC + 2 hours time change = 5 AM. Or you're stuck having to stay in Provo or SLC overnight which adds to costs. Same goes for Boise.

I don't think either will be invited to join for this logistical reason. Though, I would be fine with BYU joining BE. I think BYU's best chance at a BE invite would be Kansas et al are added--then they can justify creating a "west" and "east" division with BYU, TCU, Kan, KState, etc. That said, the irony of Utah in the Pacific 12 and BYU in the Big East would be fantastic.

The Big 12 prospects are now dead. With the new contract on secondary rights it is impossible for the BE to even be competitive. Even if we could match their current pay, you have to remember that their primary TV rights are coming up for renewal shortly after we get our new contract. I loved the idea of adding a few of them but its simply not going to happen.

WVUFan

It is so imperative for the BE to play will this season and shock the nation if possible. IF the BE can have 2 teams for 11-1 or 10-2 and have TCU go 10-2 or better the BE will be in amazing shape going to the contract period. I am very interested to see what type of deal the BE will get on the BB end as they had one of there better seasons as a whole with a NT to boot.

Correct me if I am wrong but the BB contract is up after next season and the football the year TCU comes in. Naturally both will be talked about at the same time in an attempt for the net works to get a better deal.

As for USF being part of FL big "3/4" its not just beating each team from FL, USF has had great opportunities as they have been ranked #2 in the nation before. USF needs to have a stream of great season and beat the others on a consistent basis.

mtmedlin

It is so imperative for the BE to play will this season and shock the nation if possible. IF the BE can have 2 teams for 11-1 or 10-2 and have TCU go 10-2 or better the BE will be in amazing shape going to the contract period. I am very interested to see what type of deal the BE will get on the BB end as they had one of there better seasons as a whole with a NT to boot.

Correct me if I am wrong but the BB contract is up after next season and the football the year TCU comes in. Naturally both will be talked about at the same time in an attempt for the net works to get a better deal.

As for USF being part of FL big "3/4" its not just beating each team from FL, USF has had great opportunities as they have been ranked #2 in the nation before. USF needs to have a stream of great season and beat the others on a consistent basis.

I agree with that but then you also have to factor in that we have knocked off WV when they were top 10, Louisville when they were top 10, went to Auburn and beat them on their field and took out Clemson....also had wins on Fl States home turf and Miamis. Next year we start the season at Notre Dame and many analysts have them as a top 25 team this year. We cant have a long history of big wins...because we dont have a long history but what we have done, I think is pretty impressive. Were looking strong and I am confident ND will be another notch on the belt. USF isnt top tier yet, (not anywhere near the bottom either) but were not shying away from playing the tough games and were winning many. Thats how I think champions are born. Its been a little over a decade that weve been playing ball and I like what weve accomplished and where were going. Skip Holtz is the right man to take us to the next step. This is the year I think USF makes a breakout.

YCBJ Frog

[quote name='Daniel '02' timestamp='1303133688' post='819155']
Somewhere, gdu is smiling.
[/quote]

I was gone from the forum for a while. Did he take a trip to bansville?