• The KillerFrogs

Boston Globe...BIG EAST Expansion not on hold..not done

Scarface

Okay, guess they didn't have time to gather and say no then either, huh?

Then I guess it wasn't an official or formal invite was it?
Maybe it was kind of like Villanova's invite to BE football, or even less of one.
Or there was no invite at all other than perhaps an invite to fill out an application.

Go Frogs!

LeagueCityFrog

I vote they should take UCF and move on. That school is on the upswing on multiple fronts and have a huge student base in a thriving market. UCF would be better for TCU than Villanova.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Central_Florida

AEAfrog

Maybe it was kind of like Villanova's invite to BE football, or even less of one.
Or there was no invite at all other than perhaps an invite to fill out an application.

Go Frogs!

You said the SEC turned them down and then said they wouldn't have had time to organize and consider them. You can't have it both ways. Now you're saying that there was never an invite. You can't critique what other people are saying when you're all over the map.

WVUFan

BE should just wait. They have a couple of years before the TV contract is up, UCF does not have a good football history, they could use the next few years to "prove them selves"

AEAfrog

Geographical reasons wouldn't be enough for TCU. Geographics wasn't reason enough for Nebraska and Colorado either. Not enough reason for Mizzou who wanted in the Big 10, or maybe not even enough reason for Kansas and KSU who along with Mizzou have been talking to the Big East. Or even UT who flirtrd with the PAC 12, or even aTm who begged the SEC but were turned down.

Prove it.
No way the SEC schools even had time to gather, discuss and vote on it.

The aggies, after publically begging the SEC, were politely led on until the school got the hint and forgot the whole idea.

The professional handling of the matter by the SEC was later characterized as an invite by the Aggies to save face after the school's open display of desperation.

Ok, so under what you're arguing here: First, A&M was turned down by the SEC. Except that the SEC couldn't have organized an invite in such a short period of time. However, the SEC was somehow able to create an unofficial invite (whatever the hell that means). Finally we arrive at no invite of any kind ever existing and the Aggies just made it up. Thank you for clearing that up for us. :wacko:

Scarface

Ok, so under what you're arguing here: First, A&M was turned down by the SEC. Except that the SEC couldn't have organized an invite in such a short period of time. However, the SEC was somehow able to create an unofficial invite (whatever the hell that means). Finally we arrive at no invite of any kind ever existing and the Aggies just made it up. Thank you for clearing that up for us. :wacko:

You're trying to make sense of a matter that involves the Aggies. Don't try to figure out why Aggies are so screwed up, they don't even understand why they do things the way they do. They just call it tradition. The Aggies are a good example of why the state needs soverign immunity (Remember the negligence surrounding the bonfire tragedy?).

The Aggies were never invited to the SEC. They were just politely flirted with. Because the SEC was polite and didn't go to the media with their denial, the Aggies publically characterized the professionalism as an informal invite.

You're slow, dude.

Go Frogs!

AEAfrog

You're trying to make sense of a matter that involves the Aggies. Don't try to figure out why Aggies are so screwed up, they don't even understand why they do things the way they do. They just call it tradition. The Aggies are a good example of why the state needs soverign immunity (Remember the negligence surrounding the bonfire tragedy?).

The Aggies were never invited to the SEC. They were just politely flirted with. Because the SEC was polite and didn't go to the media with their denial, the Aggies publically characterized the professionalism as an informal invite.

You're slow, dude.

Go Frogs!

While I can certainly throw around a few Aggie jokes, your average Aggie could still present a better argument than the poor effort that you've presented throughout this thread. Beyond that, no decent human being would ever try to exploit the memories of the individuals that died in that tragedy for personal gain. You're a disgrace to all TCU fans and I'm embarrassed to be associated with you.

YCBJ Frog

No, for those who aren't a coon arse New Orleans [ swishy ] like you and know that geographics is a word.

Good one.

Never said it wasn't a word, it's just not in common usage. Webster doesn't even have it in their abridged dictionary, though they do have "geographic" as an adjective. You just kind of sound like a not-so-bright person trying to use big words they don't understand and aren't necessary, kind of like Al Sharpton or Jackie Chiles (lawyer on Seinfeld).

Geography = commonly used noun
Geographics = uncommonly used noun, or incorrect pluralization of an adjective

By the way, coon asses and New Orleans homos are mutually exclusive groups. We use "coonass" like people in Texas use "redneck"-- i.e. a portion of the non-citydwelling population. Your insult is a non sequitur.

Scarface

While I can certainly throw around a few Aggie jokes, your average Aggie could still present a better argument than the poor effort that you've presented throughout this thread. Beyond that, no decent human being would ever try to exploit the memories of the individuals that died in that tragedy for personal gain. You're a disgrace to all TCU fans and I'm embarrassed to be associated with you.

Dude,

So now you are implying that no one is allowed to talk about the negligence involved with the bonfire incident or discuss any other tragic events. Isn't that exactly what the victim's families wanted to talk about, while your cowardly aTm hid behind soverign immunity.

Grow up!

Go Frogs!

AEAfrog

Dude,

So now you are implying that no one is allowed to talk about the negligence involved with the bonfire incident or discuss any other tragic events. Isn't that exactly what the victim's families wanted to talk about, while your cowardly aTm hid behind soverign immunity.

Grow up!

Go Frogs!

First, I have no affiliation with A&M so save the "your" nonsense. Second, the negligence and sovereign immunity aspects weren't the point of my statement or yours. Making light of the tragic deaths of 12 people just to insult another fanbase and distract from your own ability to make a sensible argument is deplorable.