• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Cal and Stanford will end up in the Big 10 or whatever they will be called. Stanford and USC are both annually on Notre Dame's schedule. With the weird instability of the ACC, that could push a decision for ND to join Big10 at some point in the near future as this is the most stable conference outside of the SEC.

There is just is no way those two Universities get relegated to the WAC or MWC. Too prestigious for that to happen. And I can't really see them in the Big12. Now OSU and WSU I could see in either of those conferences.

I am also assuming that the PAC isn't going to try and "rebuild", if that is even possible.

Rice and Tulane are both prestigious universities and are not in high profile conference. In fact, Stanford and Cal deserve to be in the same conference with them. The other option for them to do is join up with schools they really look down on like San Jose State and Fresno State. Trust me, the UC system has historically looked down on the Cal State system.

LisaLT

Rice and Tulane are both prestigious universities and are not in high profile conference. In fact, Stanford and Cal deserve to be in the same conference with them. The other option for them to do is join up with schools they really look down on like San Jose State and Fresno State. Trust me, the UC system has historically looked down on the Cal State system.
Neither Rice nor Tulane are in the same echelon as Stanford nor have they had much athletic success compared to Stanford. Cal maybe, but no way close to Stanford.

CountryFrog

Cal and Stanford will end up in the Big 10 or whatever they will be called. Stanford and USC are both annually on Notre Dame's schedule. With the weird instability of the ACC, that could push a decision for ND to join Big10 at some point in the near future as this is the most stable conference outside of the SEC.

There is just is no way those two Universities get relegated to the WAC or MWC. Too prestigious for that to happen. And I can't really see them in the Big12. Now OSU and WSU I could see in either of those conferences.

I am also assuming that the PAC isn't going to try and "rebuild", if that is even possible.
So why aren't Cal and Stanford already in the Big Ten? The Big Ten has chosen USC, UCLA, Washington, and Oregon. If they want Cal and Stanford then what are they waiting for?

Harvard and Yale are prestigious institutions. Army and Navy are prestigious albeit with a very different mission. None of them are part of a power conference. Stanford and Cal will continue to be prestigious while their athletics programs reside in an ultra watered down version of the PAC, the Mountain West, or maybe they give it a shot as an independent.

I doubt the majority of decision makers at Stanford and Cal even care what conference their football teams play in.

helcap

No one is addressing one of the key conference realignment issues. Unlike the Big 12, the PAC 12 sponsors as a league beach volleyball in which nine of their members compete. Unfortunately seven of those nine are schools that are leaving, including UA, ASU, and Utah. As the BIG does not sponsor this sport, should we try to poach those teams so that the BIG 12 has enough participants to have our own league rather than TCU beach volleyball being in Conference USA in 2024. BY needs to get on this.:D

Chongo94

They can eat [ Finebaum ]..... how many teams did they and Cal block from the Pac 12 because of academics or religious affiliation

Texas Tech, Oklahoma St, and BYU to start
To be fair, looking at those three, I don’t blame them…and that’s coming from someone who generally tries to be a good fan of Tech whenever they don’t play TCU

jack the frog

Seriously. This is why you don't want them in the Big 12. I feel terrible for Oregon State. I'd be losing it if this were TCU. Stanford alumni have what they deserve. Act like your team is irrelevant, become irrelevant.
It‘s mighty windy over at thecardboard.org as you might expect from a gathering of tree fans but overall they seem more ambivalent and resigned.