• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Bowls

NewFrogFan

I think UGA takes it against OU. It’s going to be a fun game to watch. I think OU has a hard time with UGA RB attack and watch out for #3 on defense. He’s a beast.

Oklahoma has 3 1st team AA on offense.......the entire SEC has 3 AA. Oklahoma #1 pass offense, Georgia #110, they will MAKE Georgia beat them with their Qb, he cant do it.

Chico Dusty

Oklahoma has 3 1st team AA on offense.......the entire SEC has 3 AA. Oklahoma #1 pass offense, Georgia #110, they will MAKE Georgia beat them with their Qb, he cant do it.

Well lucky the win isn’t awarded to the team with most AA, or OSU and Texas beat us. Those are nice stats, but you didn’t address how OU plans on stopping the UGA running attack. Chubb and Michel are tough to deal with. Listen - I don’t think UGA will be able to stop BM, but I think they can slow them down a bit - and with their running attack, they can wear down the clock to their advantage.

If the refs allow UGA to contact the DB which inhibits the ability of the OU receivers or be able to be more aggressive, than UGA will whoop up on OU. They are already setting up the narrative on TV for it "you've never seen a defense like this...".

UGA like Alabama is allowed to play a little rougher than most any team because of Saban's defensive reputation over the years. As well as the reputation of talent, which supposedly better so they let them get away with more. Even if they are NFL worthy doesn't mean their game is better against these college offensive schemes, but they are given a lot of latitude.

You can become very frustrated watching a Bama or UGA game.

NewFrogFan

Well lucky the win isn’t awarded to the team with most AA, or OSU and Texas beat us. Those are nice stats, but you didn’t address how OU plans on stopping the UGA running attack. Chubb and Michel are tough to deal with. Listen - I don’t think UGA will be able to stop BM, but I think they can slow them down a bit - and with their running attack, they can wear down the clock to their advantage.

No I am not just quoting awards but Chubb and Michel facing 8 man fronts will probably do just as well as they did against Auburn the 1st time......they got stuffed all day and by the time they could get anything going they were down 4 TD's and one of them got hurt. What I dont understand is why so many totally discount TCU's defense which was a highly ranked defense. SEC defenses dont play Big 12 offenses so naturally their numbers are better. The Qb that beat Georgia handily would rank about middle of the pack in the Big 12 but the second he moves to the SEC he enters Heisman talk for next year. Baker Mayfield beat TCU 4 times, both times this year with their average defense they stomped the sheatt out of TCU..........they did what every pundit on ESPN said was hard to do, beat a team a second time. There was zero improvement in TCU's performance in the 2nd game, in fact I think they looked worse. Lastly, I think Anderson at RB for OU is every bit as good as Chubb and Michel, in addition, Georgia has not seen an offense that has two receivers that out run day light AND a QB that will see them open and can get the ball to them.

Chico Dusty

No I am not just quoting awards but Chubb and Michel facing 8 man fronts will probably do just as well as they did against Auburn the 1st time......they got stuffed all day and by the time they could get anything going they were down 4 TD's and one of them got hurt. What I dont understand is why so many totally discount TCU's defense which was a highly ranked defense. SEC defenses dont play Big 12 offenses so naturally their numbers are better. The Qb that beat Georgia handily would rank about middle of the pack in the Big 12 but the second he moves to the SEC he enters Heisman talk for next year. Baker Mayfield beat TCU 4 times, both times this year with their average defense they stomped the sheatt out of TCU..........they did what every pundit on ESPN said was hard to do, beat a team a second time. There was zero improvement in TCU's performance in the 2nd game, in fact I think they looked worse. Lastly, I think Anderson at RB for OU is every bit as good as Chubb and Michel, in addition, Georgia has not seen an offense that has two receivers that out run day light AND a QB that will see them open and can get the ball to them.

You make some very solid points. I’m not holding strong in my position because like I said (in another thread) I can see OU putting it on them. I’m just very interested in the matchup and am looking forward to the game.

Horny4TCU

Good points, but the TCU offense really killed us in the games against OU. I blame the play calling, loss of Anderson (TCU's), and QB play being the worst it had been all season.

NewFrogFan

Good points, but the TCU offense really killed us in the games against OU. I blame the play calling, loss of Anderson (TCU's), and QB play being the worst it had been all season.

Yes yes and yes.........the point I am trying to make and doing poorly, I thought TCU defense would look much better than it did.........in both games the big plays just never seemed to stop. I dont think there is a defense in the land that is so good they could beat Oklahoma 10-7, 14-10 type game. In addition, pundits seem to ignore the fact the OU defense now is MUCH better than the one that lost to ISU. OU will torch you, then make YOU screw up, get a defensive TD, another bomb and before you know your offensive game plan you brought........is gone. When Auburn starting hitting big plays, they ran away from Georgia.........Baker Mayfield left handed is better than Stidham, when you add his scrambling ability and compare that to Stidhams very modest running ability, to me I can see this game getting nasty quickly if Georgia plays like they did against Auburn. The crowd I think will be even

As for TCU in Big 12 game I dont think I have ever left a game so disappointed in what happened in the 2nd half. I am one of those that believes in leadership skills and the "it" factor..........Kenny Hill has neither, sorry, not a slam on him but he just does not seem to consistently rally the troops based on results. I totally get all the issues around Baker Mayfield but I am amazed at his play since HS and the chip on his shoulder.........HIS PLAY reminds me very much of Drew Brees who got the same kind of "respect" until he won a Superbowl.

Bob

Bakefield ought to give his Heisman trophy to the TCU secondary, they certainly made him look like the best thing since sliced bread - twice.

Bakefield ought to give his Heisman trophy to the TCU secondary, they certainly made him look like the best thing since sliced bread - twice.
Not really. We pretty much allowed Mayfield to run around untouched in both games. I'm not saying the secondary was without fault but no secondary is likely to be able to maintain coverage when a QB that good is not getting significant pressure.

Horny4TCU

Tech is worse than I thought...

Can't describe the level of frustrations Raider nation must have right now. So much suck for a football program and so much itching for genitals...

Purp

You forgot the OU tight end.

Chico Dusty

I didn't forget I just cramped up writing all the other stuff......not sure who Georgia has that try and guard him like so many others who failed.

Yeah he’s a nightmare match up. I don’t know how they’ll use him, but UGA has the best LB in the country. However they use him, he’s pretty awesome to watch. #3 Roquan Smith

Latest posts