• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Bowls

Horny4TCU

Anyone else think the Big 12 has the best opportunity to represent a conference this year?

I think the conference, overall, has a great chance to sweep. Memphis and Utah, might be the toughest challenges for their opponents, Iowa St and Western Virginia...

Tech vs South Florida, should be very winnable for Tech.

Texas vs Missouri, should be a good game as long as Herman can get his team focused.

Kstate vs UCLA might be tricky, but I like the Snydercats in this one with their discipline and defense.

OSU vs Virginia Tech will be a good game. But I think OSU can out score them.

TCU vs Stanford will be a good game, but our defense should stop them.

OU vs Georgia, OU should be able to pull this one off if their defense shows up and can stop the run.

ticketfrog123

OSU-VT will be a great blowout win for the B12.

I think Utah, Memphis, mizzou all win pretty easily. Who knows what WVU is like without Grier.

Tech definitely should be competitive and walk away with a win. Sounds crazy, but not sure USF has played a defense as good as Tech this year.

Stanford and Georgia could go either way.

Wexahu

OSU-VT will be a great blowout win for the B12.

I think Utah, Memphis, mizzou all win pretty easily. Who knows what WVU is like without Grier.

Tech definitely should be competitive and walk away with a win. Sounds crazy, but not sure USF has played a defense as good as Tech this year.

Stanford and Georgia could go either way.

Okie State didnt blow out anyone this year except Pitt, Baylor and Kansas. I don’t know why you’d think they blow out Va Tech.

Just don’t understand why everyone seems to think they are some great team that will just dominate any inferior opponent, much less Virginia Tech. It’s like the first half of their game with Pitt is all anyone remembers.

I kind of agree with the rest. I feel as good about the frogs chances as about anyone’s because I think we match up well with Stanford.

Pharm Frog

Anyone else think the Big 12 has the best opportunity to represent a conference this year?

I think the conference, overall, has a great chance to sweep. Memphis and Utah, might be the toughest challenges for their opponents, Iowa St and Western Virginia...

Tech vs South Florida, should be very winnable for Tech.

Texas vs Missouri, should be a good game as long as Herman can get his team focused.

Kstate vs UCLA might be tricky, but I like the Snydercats in this one with their discipline and defense.

OSU vs Virginia Tech will be a good game. But I think OSU can out score them.

TCU vs Stanford will be a good game, but our defense should stop them.

OU vs Georgia, OU should be able to pull this one off if their defense shows up and can stop the run.

USF v Tech may last 6.5 hours. USF is the most penalized team in D1 and Tech is tied for 8th.

Boonescabanaboy

Okie State didnt blow out anyone this year except Pitt, Baylor and Kansas. I don’t know why you’d think they blow out Va Tech.

Just don’t understand why everyone seems to think they are some great team that will just dominate any inferior opponent, much less Virginia Tech. It’s like the first half of their game with Pitt is all anyone remembers.

I kind of agree with the rest. I feel as good about the frogs chances as about anyone’s because I think we match up well with Stanford.

I have spent an entire season trying to accept OSU isn't as good as I expected us to be. I'm not usually that out of touch with reality. We knew our Defense would allow other teams to stay in the game but I'm still trying to understand how our Offense disappears at times when needed most. I would be shocked if we blew out VT.

Gundy does have a good track record in bowl games. He treats them like they are just for the fun of it, and really opens things up. I expect us to win, but I'd be shocked if it were by more than 10.

Our D will do just well enough to keep the D coordinator from getting fired this year. :mad:

ticketfrog123

I have spent an entire season trying to accept OSU isn't as good as I expected us to be. I'm not usually that out of touch with reality. We knew our Defense would allow other teams to stay in the game but I'm still trying to understand how our Offense disappears at times when needed most. I would be shocked if we blew out VT.

Gundy does have a good track record in bowl games. He treats them like they are just for the fun of it, and really opens things up. I expect us to win, but I'd be shocked if it were by more than 10.

Our D will do just well enough to keep the D coordinator from getting fired this year. :mad:

VT's offense is anemic and has been progressively worse as the year rolls on. They're struggling to score on mediocre ACC teams. Gundy and Rudolph can outshoot them no doubt.

Tom Brown

Serious Q, why do you think they played from behind so much tbus year, both in frequency and multi scores?
Usually a strong O like that has D on their heels early.

Boonescabanaboy

Serious Q, why do you think they played from behind so much tbus year, both in frequency and multi scores?
Usually a strong O like that has D on their heels early.

I don't know. We seem to come out flat several times this year, rally in the middle then fail at the end of close games, or limp across the finish line. For a team with such a veteran QB you would feel confident about closing tight games but we consistently underperformed at the end.

Gundy has become much more comfortable and relaxed. What started the season appearing confident and seasoned now just appears to be low - T. He spoke often of what a great group of characters this team is. I've never been a fan of the attitude that you have to be a jack wagon to have a competitive spirit, but this team seems to lack the killer instinct.

I like Gundy but I would not have just given him a $650k raise. We have some good kids for players this year and I'm not in the habit of bashing hard working student-athletes but there is a difference between being able to put up big numbers and being able to take control of a close game and fight to a win. We had a QB who is gifted but not necessarily the guy you need leading troops into battle.

NewFrogFan

More than anything the Big 12 needs OU to pound Georgia. SEC network already saying OU never seen a defense like Georgia. Marcus Spears (I love my LSU boy) really pisses me off when he NEVER mentions the last time this subject came up in 2014. Ole Miss #1 defense in SEC............as the scoreboard said that day 21-0 in about 7 minutes. By far the Big 12 gets dissed so bad since this CFP sheatt started!

GoFrog Yourself

More than anything the Big 12 needs OU to pound Georgia. SEC network already saying OU never seen a defense like Georgia. Marcus Spears (I love my LSU boy) really pisses me off when he NEVER mentions the last time this subject came up in 2014. Ole Miss #1 defense in SEC............as the scoreboard said that day 21-0 in about 7 minutes. By far the Big 12 gets dissed so bad since this CFP sheatt started!
Hate to agree but this is truth. OU needs to beat Georgia to wipe away the memories of their performance against Clemson two years ago. Tired of hearing about it and having the entire conference punished as a result

Limp Lizard

OU will be OK as long as Mayfield does not have too much rust from the layoff. He was hotter than a plasma torch the last few games including, unfortunately, those against us. Hopefully he will get hot early enough to take care of any damage done by Georgia offense. My fear is that OU's defense will be overwhelmed by Georgia before Mayfield gets it going. In our games with them our offense had to press because OU was scoring nearly every time they had the ball. I am not so sure that OU's defense has really improved that much, just that the opponents' offenses were asked to keep pace with an incredible offense. If he starts out hot, Georgia will not be able to keep up.

4th. down

OU will be OK as long as Mayfield does not have too much rust from the layoff. He was hotter than a plasma torch the last few games including, unfortunately, those against us. Hopefully he will get hot early enough to take care of any damage done by Georgia offense. My fear is that OU's defense will be overwhelmed by Georgia before Mayfield gets it going. In our games with them our offense had to press because OU was scoring nearly every time they had the ball. I am not so sure that OU's defense has really improved that much, just that the opponents' offenses were asked to keep pace with an incredible offense. If he starts out hot, Georgia will not be able to keep up.

Those that have bet against Mayfield since he walked on at TT have always lost. Would not put $$ down against him. He just has that "it." Remember that game at Tennessee a couple of years ago late in the 4th. quarter, OU scores 28 pts. in the 4th. and overtime to win. The more pressure, the better he plays. They [ hundin] slapped us twice this year to a good TCU team, not great, but good. If GP cannot stop him the second time around, don't think Georgia will the first time.

Limp Lizard

Those that have bet against Mayfield since he walked on at TT have always lost. Would not put $$ down against him. He just has that "it." Remember that game at Tennessee a couple of years ago late in the 4th. quarter, OU scores 28 pts. in the 4th. and overtime to win. The more pressure, the better he plays. They [ poofster ] slapped us twice this year to a good TCU team, not great, but good. If GP cannot stop him the second time around, don't think Georgia will the first time.
I sure hope so. He was playing his best at the end of the year and some rust is what i worry about. If he plays like he has been OU should win it all. The interesting indicator is that he did not have a really bad game all year. His worst rating (167.08 against TT) would have placed him at #7 nationally for the season's average. So you could say he is super consistent, or he is due for a stinker.
If he plays poorly or gets hurt, OU loses, probably badly, and all year we hear about what a weak league the B12 is. If OU wins it all, then is is much easier for a B12 team to get in next year.

kidkarr

OU’s defense is weakest in the back end and Georgia is poor at getting the ball downfield (similar to us). I think if they can get an early lead, they can pour it on.
Georgia blitzed the crap out of Stidham the second time around, if the do that to Baker, Riley will be licking his chops.

4th. down

OU’s defense is weakest in the back end and Georgia is poor at getting the ball downfield (similar to us). I think if they can get an early lead, they can pour it on.
Georgia blitzed the crap out of Stidham the second time around, if the do that to Baker, Riley will be licking his chops.

Kirby is a defensive guy so he probably has seen enough film to know not to blitz him. GP figured it out early in the 3rd. quarter of our last game with them when a RB caught a pass for 60 yds. and a quick 6 off a corner blitz.

Chico Dusty

I think UGA takes it against OU. It’s going to be a fun game to watch. I think OU has a hard time with UGA RB attack and watch out for #3 on defense. He’s a beast.