• The KillerFrogs

"Better Step Up List"

Gunner

You will note this list is of folks who didn't or couldn't play, or played little last year. We need them to "step up".....

Offense

Doctson -we need either D or Gray to move up
Moore - tweeted he figures to help at running back next year
Matthews - he should know the system by now and become the back up to Pachall
Green - is he really a 5 star or whatever
James - has he done all the work to return to form
Bryant - we seriously need a guy to bring back the Shivers' force
M. Thompson - probably the most important of all the needed step up's on offense

Defense

Mallett - at the point of the only weakness in our defense
Jenkins - GP has said he might be the best talent of all the corners in his era
Garrett - we are still waiting for health and happiness
M Anderson - we are still waiting for health and happiness
McFarland - can he step up for Maponga's loss
Carraway - is he to return or more "waiting for health"
Jo. Anderson - latest in hazzardous switches to linebacker, will he be the latest failure
Dawson - he's had another year at LB, will he replace Cain or Hasley

rifram09

Pachall - he has the potential to lead us to a B12 title and more. Personally, he was creeping into Heisman conversations when he twisted off. Can he return as good? Maybe. Can he be better? ?

jake102

When you narrow it down to the person that will affect wins/losses the most, it's got to be Pachall and it's not close. He's got to step up his game on the field, but more importantly, off the field. I hope everything is still going well for him... I haven't heard much over the past month, hope that is good news.

I think he adds 2-3 games to our ceiling, and adds a game or two to our floor. No one other player is even close to that. It's a scary thought having so much tied up in one player, but as often is the case with good teams at the QB position.

frognutz

You know you are a frog football fan when......

the kid you are most excited to see take the field for the first time is a cornerback. I heart defense.

I don't really see that Pachall and James need to "step up" their game, if that is what is meant. They just need to stay healthy and do what they do. The step-ups need to be at OL which struggled and linebacker where there are only unproven players.

ausfrog

A concern I have is the fullback position on offense. We need a good one who is big, strong and a good blocker who can help open the holes for our running backs and can be a good receiver out of the backfield. Bryant seems to fit that position but will will the coaches place him there? Also is Moore Big enough to play that position?

Gunner

Yea, getting another chance after his lunacy, Pachall was, in my mind, an automatic. Think I like what More Frogs The Better, said. That's why I put Naff and Michael Thompson on the offensive list.

frognutz

You will note this list is of folks who didn't or couldn't play, or played little last year. We need them to "step up".....

Offense

Doctson -we need either D or Gray to move up
Moore - tweeted he figures to help at running back next year
Matthews - he should know the system by now and become the back up to Pachall
Green - is he really a 5 star or whatever
James - has he done all the work to return to form
Bryant - we seriously need a guy to bring back the Shivers' force
M. Thompson - probably the most important of all the needed step up's on offense

Defense

Mallett - at the point of the only weakness in our defense
Jenkins - GP has said he might be the best talent of all the corners in his era
Garrett - we are still waiting for health and happiness
M Anderson - we are still waiting for health and happiness
McFarland - can he step up for Maponga's loss
Carraway - is he to return or more "waiting for health"
Jo. Anderson - latest in hazzardous switches to linebacker, will he be the latest failure
Dawson - he's had another year at LB, will he replace Cain or Hasley

What about Ja Juan Story? The 4 star 6'3 WR transfer from Florida. What's the word on him? I see you have Doctson in there already.

Edit: looked at depth chart and Story listed ahead of Doctson. Story was 6th ranked WR in the nation when recruited by Florida. He redshirted there then came to TCU.

asleep003

The OL is the absolute key for sure... and if they pick it up this Spring and August, with our stable of QBs... we should be excited about our prospects for 2013.

A healthy 330LB M Thompson and a ready to go Dunbar(battling Tayo, Collins, and Vaitai for a starting OT spot) would bode well. Center is covered and the opposite guard to a healed M Thompson... between Wooldridge/SR, Foltz/SO, Hunt/SO, Childs/RFR, Tunstill/JR, BThompson/SO .... a quality starter and 2 more quality backups, even if Hunt is destined to rotate with Tausch at center, should not be difficult out of this group.

Cheers !

jake102

I don't really see that Pachall and James need to "step up" their game, if that is what is meant. They just need to stay healthy and do what they do. The step-ups need to be at OL which struggled and linebacker where there are only unproven players.

They don't need to step up their games on Saturdays. They need to step up their games every day but Saturday. And to be fair, James doesn't really need to step up his game, just needs to put in the effort to get healthy (which I assume he is... always heard he's a pretty stand up guy).

asleep003

What about Ja Juan Story? The 4 star 6'3 WR transfer from Florida. What's the word on him? I see you have Doctson in there already.

Probably because Doctson has D1 history... 35 catches and 5 TDs in 8 games as a TFR at Wyoming, while Story so far, has no D1 receptions, yet.

Cheers !

frognutz

When you narrow it down to the person that will affect wins/losses the most, it's got to be Pachall and it's not close. He's got to step up his game on the field, but more importantly, off the field. I hope everything is still going well for him... I haven't heard much over the past month, hope that is good news.

I think he adds 2-3 games to our ceiling, and adds a game or two to our floor. No one other player is even close to that. It's a scary thought having so much tied up in one player, but as often is the case with good teams at the QB position.

So, among active quarterbacks, Pachall has the highest career passing efficiency in the nation. Had not realized that.

pgdaly84

So, among active quarterbacks, Pachall has the highest career passing efficiency in the nation. Had not realized that.

Exactly. Can't overstate the difference it will make to our offense to go from a freshman QB to that. I'm incredibly excited for this team's potential.

Latest posts