• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Purp

This is ignorance of a fact not the law. No offense but remind me never to seat you on a jury. I have no brief for AB but if he’s truthful about not knowing he bears no legal or moral responsibility
Wasn't there ample evidence he was aware of these allegations and used plausible deniability to say his staff never told him about these claims? Seems like this was pretty well established by either Pepper Hamilton or the book exposing all the shenanigans.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
and some . . . don't know.
If you're being paid 1millions, and an allegation is made against one, or more, of your front line employee(s), or players, you don't want to know? Of course you do. Unless, you don't want to know.

Just my $0.02. I won't try to argue with 2 lawyers. Yall get paid to argue. Speaking of which, shouldn't you two be billing? :)

Frog-in-law1995

This is ignorance of a fact not the law. No offense but remind me never to seat you on a jury. I have no brief for AB but if he’s truthful about not knowing he bears no legal or moral responsibility
Why not? A landowner owes an invitee a duty of care to warn or make safe a dangerous condition they knew about or would have discovered upon reasonable inspection. Why should this be different? “Knew or should have known” has long been one of the duties of care applied in negligence claims.

And no moral responsibility? Surely you jest

Edit: just saw a blurb that the claims against Briles and McCaw were dismissed. The allegation against them was gross negligence, so yeah, had to prove actual knowledge. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Rabidfrog

Just FYI regarding renaming military installations....Most "forts" today are located in the southern portion of the country....In the days after the Unpleasantness between the States, southern states were solidly Democratic party-leaning in reaction to the harsh Republican party Reconstruction of said states of rebellion....Congress is managed and operated on the seniority system....Southern states continued to reelect the same people to the House and the Senate....They in turn had clout concerning expenditures for (government money spent in their states) and location of military bases (in the South) in the latter half of the Nineteenth Century...thus the many facilities named for Confederate veterans/heroes....Milder weather also was considered in location of the military bases....
yes, the political base all the New Deal programs and our war effort wss the solid Democratic South. Sam Rayburn's g. father was a confederate soldier, as was Lyndon Johnson's. Honorable men, not traitors.

Jet Set Frog

How do any dudes at this school ever successfully procreate?!

Not Happening Jennifer Lawrence GIF by NETFLIX