• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Froglaw

yes, the political base all the New Deal programs and our war effort wss the solid Democratic South. Sam Rayburn's g. father was a confederate soldier, as was Lyndon Johnson's. Honorable men, not traitors.
Yep

The voting rights act

What a piece of trash legislation?

Giving minorities the right to vote!

Darn Communists

Purp

Yep

The voting rights act

What a piece of trash legislation?

Giving minorities the right to vote!

Darn Communists
What in the blue hell are you talking about? The Civil Rights Acts filibustered by democrats? What does this have to do with renaming military installations?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Just to get back on track - these comments lifted from Sic-em:

ImABearToo said:
Dang, Ok St band showed up in Houston and ours couldn't drive 1:20 minutes to ft worth?
They went home for Thanksgiving. Seriously
Then the band director's analytics are much better than Aranda's.
They entered the transfer portal.

froginaustin

Sounds like the deep pockets at Baylor have given up trying....

If posters on their board have it right (a stretch, I know), Baylor deep pockets aren't deep enough to buy out the Aranda staff AND bring in a new one. Financially, they're waiting a year, or even 2.

Someone that actually knows about financing college sports might have a better take on their situation. But maybe a long period of living with more debt than is prudent is showing its ugly side.

If posters on their board have it right (a stretch, I know), Baylor deep pockets aren't deep enough to buy out the Aranda staff AND bring in a new one. Financially, they're waiting a year, or even 2.

Someone that actually knows about financing college sports might have a better take on their situation. But maybe a long period of living with more debt than is prudent is showing its ugly side.
Baylor Deep Pockets are busy enough bailing out the school from defaulting on bonds. Talk abt a CFO's worst nightmare.

jack the frog

Sounds like the deep pockets at Baylor have given up trying....

The sicem365 posters claim that they are way behind the curve on donations and NIL, mainly because they don't have the oil/gas alumni base of TCU and others. They do have a very good man named Paul Foster who carries much weight for Baylor. He has never seemed like an NIL guy to me. More facilities, research chairs etc.

Purp

Hopefully this debt crisis restores Baylor to its rightful place of historic ineptitude from the mid-90s to roughly 2010 where they never achieved bowl eligibility and seldom won games out of conference. This way when the next round of realignment happens they can join SMU in a non-power conference for the rest of eternity.