• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Frog-in-law1995

Just to throw out a question to the lawyers on here: was the Posse Comitatus Act violated in the final action at the Waco compound? Tanks, Bradleys, Hueys, and other military material...assuming support personnel as well...were brought over from Fort Hood to help with the execution of the final plan. Seems to me like it was a violation, but I'm sure there are nuances here.

support personnel is fine, they just can’t go breaking down doors.

Chongo94

Started the A&E special on it called Waco: Madman or Messiah. Better than the tv show IMO.

Interviews the real survivors, law enforcement, plays actual FBI audio and video, etc. I tend to think you get the "real" account of how things went down.

Not sure why in the tv show they made the lead FBI negotiator out to kind of be a moron that no one really respected. He doesn't portray himself as such when they interview him in this documentary.

But the actual FBI agent in charge does seem like a moron when they interview him. You can tell he was very much a tactical aggresssive type A. He almost had a smile on his face as he discusses various tactics they used on the compound. He got off on that part of it. Weird.

Where were you able to find it to watch? I missed it. I was able to record the second part but haven't watched yet because I want to see the first part.

Frog-in-law1995

and flying the helicopters and driving the tanks?

I’d be surprised if that was DOD personnel, but if so, it’s fine as long as it’s just a support role. Driving tanks to protect, evac or even strategically block/funnel combatant movement by non DOD personnel would be fine (although I’m pretty sure the FBI has personnel for those). Flying helicopters for intel or misdirection in support of non DOD personnel is fine (but I’m positive the FBI has crews for that). Just can’t engage.

That’s my understanding, at least. Im not an expert on this by any stretch of the imagination.

netty2424

Where were you able to find it to watch? I missed it. I was able to record the second part but haven't watched yet because I want to see the first part.
I just did a search on A&E for the title and it recorded. Direct tv if that matters.

EDIT: they may have an app as well. Pretty sure they did when I had dish.

GeoFrog

I also watched the documentary on A&E before I started the miniseries on Paramount. A&E just released another documentary on that FLDS dude. I watched it yesterday and it was messed-up. I think they have even a third one on Jonestown coming up.

Last edited:

GeoFrog

FLDS = fundamental LDS?
Yes. Show is about Warren Jeffs.

Here is his picture surrounded by his wives:

tdy_pic_jeffs_inline_171110_f49fc4650422ce2f850b0469b85ec6dd.560;373;7;70;3.jpg

Chongo94

Man that FLDS dude is one creepy mofo.

Back when they first built the ranch in Eldorado we would go out and get as close as we could to check it out. They would definitely look right back at you with binoculars. They approached a buddy of mine who was apparently in their minds, far too close for comfort while doing some hunting. Everybody in Angelo started using them for building though because they were so cheap and worked hard...until the press started leaking out about everything. Listening to that Jeffs guy talk is supercalicreepylicious though. So creepy. I'm honestly amazed how anyone, even a brainwashed cult fanatic, could take a dude that sounds like that seriously.

I just did a search on A&E for the title and it recorded. Direct tv if that matters.

Did a search, found part 1 on on demand, thank you.

Chongo94

Yeah, that’s normal. Jeffs is creepy, but at some point, don’t you have to look at this picture and think the total sum of the IQ in the room is a three digit number?

Some of those women get kinda hot when the creepy FLDS shackles come off. Look up Rebecca Musser. Believe she was married to creepy Jeffs' father. Hard to believe she was once an FLDSer. Plus she is really intelligent too, a very active campaigner and spokesperson against their zaniness these days.

Punter1

Watching Waco...Only in that town could the biggest darning darn up in American law enforcement history...have occurred.....

Good God I lived thru all of this and knew we darned up....but holy boat did we boat the bed about 100 different ways.

There were kids and babies in there...and we went in with tanks after nights with screaching loud music.....what the darn???? So embarrassed for our country.

Chongo94

Watched the Madman or Messiah documentary. I think it's better because it shows how crazy Koresh was but also how amazingly inept the government was. Still like the Waco show but it has glossed over some things in my opinion.

Edit: That Schroeder lady was (is) CAAAHHHHRRRAZY! And that Jim McGee FBI guy seems way too damn trigger happy. Seems like he enjoys projecting a tough guy image.

Last edited:

netty2424

Watched the Madman or Messiah documentary. I think it's better because it shows how crazy Koresh was but also how amazingly inept the government was. Still like the Waco show but it has glossed over some things in my opinion.

Edit: That Schroeder lady was (is) CAAAHHHHRRRAZY! And that Jim McGee FBI guy seems way too damn trigger happy. Seems like he enjoys projecting a tough guy image.
Yah man that Jim McGee almost seems like a movie character how over the top he was. All the way down to his haircut. Lol. He's he kind of guy that doesn't go a day without talking about various types of ammunition, weapons, and explosives, multiple times a day.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
AUSA Bill Johnson was the designated government scapegoat for the law enforcement debacle in Waco, not aware of any other convictions—hard to believe.

For you Law & Order fans, there was a chilling episode where one young wife escaped but went back “voluntarily” after being hunted down cross-country to New York:

Lost Boys