• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

ftwfrog

How can there be a report on sex assaults at BU since 2003? Was there not a ten year period where the admin reported ZERO sex assaults? Ought to be a pretty slender volume.
So, to recap:
For four years, from 2008 to 2011, Baylor University reported zero instances of sexual assault on its campus.

Then, multiple sources reported wrongdoing(such an understatement) and Baylor had "said it is reviewing about 125 reports of sexual assault or harassment from 2011 to 2015" per the DMN, including MULTIPLE gang rapes.

I'm not really sure how to get the correct math, but 0 to 125 is a really large increase.

LACK. OF. INSTITUTIONAL. CONTROL.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Yes, it is Waco. And yes there is one at the end of the driveway. Click to expand.
So, to recap:
For four years, from 2008 to 2011, Baylor University reported zero instances of sexual assault on its campus.

Then, multiple sources reported wrongdoing(such an understatement) and Baylor had "said it is reviewing about 125 reports of sexual assault or harassment from 2011 to 2015" per the DMN, including MULTIPLE gang rapes.

I'm not really sure how to get the correct math, but 0 to 125 is a really large increase.

LACK. OF. INSTITUTIONAL. CONTROL.

They were making up for lost time.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Actually, I think it's both,
A large % of bu "leadership" doesn't know.
A larger % don't want to know.
What % is left is too deer-in-the-headlights, I got no other job & a mortgage to pay & 2.7 kids to feed....
There's no one left to sprout up & say this is wrong. We need to do the right thing.
Nope, not gonna happen.
Both of the large %'s are in too deep to admit anything now. I suspect all of the big dawgs at bu either have an attorney now or on speed dial.
Only an outside force can bring about the change needed, just a matter of who-DPS, Rangers, NCAA, Justice/Education department, etc. Note I didn't list the local DA or PD as possibilities, they're too corrupted. My bet is on either Rangers or Feds but not soon enough.

Wexahu

What % is left is too deer-in-the-headlights, I got no other job & a mortgage to pay & 2.7 kids to feed....
There's no one left to sprout up & say this is wrong. We need to do the right thing.
Nope, not gonna happen.
Both of the large %'s are in too deep to admit anything now. I suspect all of the big dawgs at bu either have an attorney now or on speed dial.
Only an outside force can bring about the change needed, just a matter of who-DPS, Rangers, NCAA, Justice/Education department, etc. Note I didn't list the local DA or PD as possibilities, they're too corrupted. My bet is on either Rangers or Feds but not soon enough.

I agree with this, especially the first three lines. It's largely a situation where they are completely ill-prepared to handle something like this because they've thought all along that THEY weren't the kind of people who would ever have to deal with stuff like this. And then they hired Briles.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Nope, not gonna happen.

don't forget SACS. If Baylor were to lose their accreditation, they'd be toast. Here is the SACS timetable....December looks pretty important.

http://www.sacscoc.org/2016decActionsanddisclosurestatements/Baylor University - CDC.pdf

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I believe they are immediately ineligible to receive federal educational funds, which are the lifeblood of any college/university.

Here is some stuff from the SACS homepage:

What is accreditation? Accreditation is intended to assure constituents and the public of the quality and integrity of higher education institutions and programs, and to help those institutions and programs improve. These outcomes are achieved through rigorous internal and external review processes during which the institution is evaluated against a common set of standards.

When accreditation is awarded to an institution of higher education by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), a regional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, it means that the institution has (1) a mission appropriate to higher education, (2) resources, programs, and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain its mission, (3) clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees it offers, and that it is (4) successful in assessing its achievement of these objectives and demonstrating improvements. Accreditation by SACSCOC is a statement of the institution’s continuing commitment to integrity and its capacity to provide effective programs and services based on agreed-upon accreditation standards.

Here is a link to their policy statement on Sanctions, Denial of Reaffirmation, and Removal from Membership:
http://www.sacscoc.org/pdf/081705/sanctionpolicy.pdf

Deep in 3, 2, 1.....