• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
So in the wake of his mistrial on sexual assault charges, Bill Cosby is planning a national tour of town halls, seeking to educate young people on how to avoid sexual assault allegations. You can't make this stuff up.

Here's the easy answer: don't sexually assault women.

But that'd be too easy. For Cosby or BU. Better to have a strategy to cover it up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-his-publicists-claim/?utm_term=.0c8148465796

166924_640.png

Frog-in-law1995

Just got a call from a woman claiming to be from Magnolia Realty. I told her I'd never heard of them. "You know, Chip and Joanna Gaines down in Waco? We have buyers interested in your area and we're wondering if you might be in the market to sell in the next 3-6 months."

"Sorry, no. Plus, we have no interest in supporting people who support that university in Waco. Have a nice day." Click. (we're on the do not call list, so I don't mind just hanging up on unsolicited callers).

15 minutes later...

Wife: "Hey, FYI, your mom and I are going to Waco tomorrow to go to the Magnolia store."

SMH.

froginaustin

Just got a call from a woman claiming to be from Magnolia Realty. I told her I'd never heard of them. "You know, Chip and Joanna Gaines down in Waco? We have buyers interested in your area and we're wondering if you might be in the market to sell in the next 3-6 months."

"Sorry, no. Plus, we have no interest in supporting people who support that university in Waco. Have a nice day." Click. (we're on the do not call list, so I don't mind just hanging up on unsolicited callers).

15 minutes later...

Wife: "Hey, FYI, your mom and I are going to Waco tomorrow to go to the Magnolia store."

SMH.

Never been to Joanna's store, but have friends that have. The wife of the couple is a shop-to-you-drop sort of lady, and her impression was that the store was full of the sort of crap real estate agents use to stage listed houses, at absolutely breathtaking prices. ED: like this ridiculously-priced house.

The serious shopper bought nothing, and suggested to her friends that the store wasn't worth the time it took to stop there.

Mean Purple

Never been to Joanna's store, but have friends that have. The wife of the couple is a shop-to-you-drop sort of lady, and her impression was that the store was full of the sort of crap real estate agents use to stage listed houses, at absolutely breathtaking prices. ED: like this ridiculously-priced house.

The serious shopper bought nothing, and suggested to her friends that the store wasn't worth the time it took to stop there.
She is correct. Nebraska Furniture Mart in The Colony/Plano/side of Sam Rayburn has their furniture. Overpriced and made in Vietnam. Magnolia tries to be like Paul Michaels out in Canton and La.. But Magnolia is a crappy deal.

I think this is the second store for the Gaines folk.

Mean Purple

As a mom of two boys-16 and 19, I have had candid conversations w them about when a girl says no. And more importantly, how they need to be an advocate for those who can't voice that. The oldest is in college and a member of a Frat and we completely support this. I love when he tells me they have code words for shutting off alcohol to girls and guys and they have taken "classes" in protection against alcohol poisoning, etc. I would never have thought I would have to tell my boys that when a girl can't speak for herself, you need to be protective and find help. You cannot allow others to take advantage of her. This is the world we live in and damn, I hope I have educated and had those conversations that were way beyond awkward in order to protect not only girls, but young men who have had too much to drink.

Ok-rant over.
My dad had candid conversations with his boys about how to treat women. Mistreat a woman...get a mudhole stomped in you.

Of course, he taught us the value of treating all people well...and was sure to tell us that nobody is better than anybody else when it comes to handling decent minded folks. But he was just really strong on wanting us to protect women and others who we should look out for.

Nick Danger

I'd like to run an experiment and replace all the items in their store with items found in a typical Home Decor section @ Target and see how much stuff they sell to all the pseudo-sophisticated HGTV "Fan-girls" that flock to that place like it's some exurbs mecca!

Last edited:

Frog DJ

My dad had candid conversations with his boys about how to treat women. Mistreat a woman...get a mudhole stomped in you.
My dad said, "If she says 'Yes' when you ask her out; if she says "Yes' when you ask her if she wants to; if she says 'Yes' when you climb in the back seat; but she says 'No' at the last minute - that means, 'No.' Period - end of story."

Pretty easy to understand...

Go Frogs!