• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
To be clear, it is evident that many admissions at BU are not preceded by any sort of application or request for admission. That's kind of the problem.

tcumaniac

This is 100% true. Anyone that basically asks for information about Baylor is considered an applicant. They don't have their numbers audited by a third party. No one in the admissions world takes any of their numbers as anything close to truth.

TCU and some of the Texas schools share information with everyone to help study trends, etc. But Baylor isn't invited for this very reason.

Yep. I've said it on here many times before.

But just as a reminder, for my senior thesis that closely studied the correlation of athletic success to academic reputation, I spoke to many Deans of Admissions at private schools with D1 athletics across he country.

Whenever I'd mention that my admissions data was coming just from private universities (starting to have flashbacks of how miserable gaining decades of this info was), many deans made a point to tell me not to use Baylor's data in my models if I wanted accuracy. They'd always say Baylor was notorious for cooking their books and fudging admission numbers. And this was sometimes coming from deans in other parts of the country.

Baylor truly is a special kind of gross. Unlike what their fans will tell you, their pattern of dishonesty, corruption, and lack of integrity spreads much further than just their football program. It's university wide.

Big Frog II

But just as a reminder, for my senior thesis that closely studied the correlation of athletic success to academic reputation, I spoke to many Deans of Admissions at private schools with D1 athletics across he country.

Whenever I'd mention that my admissions data was coming just from private universities (starting to have flashbacks of how miserable gaining decades of this info was), many deans made a point to tell me not to use Baylor's data in my models if I wanted accuracy. They'd always say Baylor was notorious for cooking their books and fudging admission numbers. And this was sometimes coming from deans in other parts of the country.

Baylor truly is a special kind of gross. Unlike what their fans will tell you, their pattern of dishonesty, corruption, and lack of integrity spreads much further than just their football program. It's university wide.

My father use to have a saying about someone he didn't trust or believe, "he would rather climb a telephone pole and tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth". Baylor and everyone involved with that school lives on a telephone pole.

froginaustin

I was really bored, so i checked bf.com for a thread on Baylor applications being higher post-scandal.

Sure 'nuff, there's such a thread. Consensus seems to be, puffing applications numbers (and puffing test scores for incoming freshmen) is "just presenting the university in its best light", and "we [Baylor] are perfectly justified in doing it and should be, because everyone else does it." **

Sound familiar?

** not really direct quotes, just paraphrases, although you might be able to find those precise words somewhere in that thread if you really wanted to look.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I was really bored, so i checked bf.com for a thread on Baylor applications being higher post-scandal.

Sure 'nuff, there's such a thread. Consensus seems to be, puffing applications numbers (and puffing test scores for incoming freshmen) is "just presenting the university in its best light", and "we [Baylor] are perfectly justified in doing it and should be, because everyone else does it." **

Sound familiar?

** not really direct quotes, just paraphrases, although you might be able to find those precise words somewhere in that thread if you really wanted to look.

They are just overcompensating for the size of their steeples.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
KWTX doing what KWTX does: covering for Briles. That article couldn't have been more on the defense of Briles and Baylor. Very light on facts about what the article is supposed to be about. Typical Waco coverup bullsh.

AroundWorldFrog

KWTX doing what KWTX does: covering for Briles. That article couldn't have been more on the defense of Briles and Baylor. Very light on facts about what the article is supposed to be about. Typical Waco coverup bullsh.

Was very surprised Julie Hayes didn't write it. I guess they have to have a rape apologist in waiting.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
This (smelly cat) has blocked me or I would tweet the latest about Armstead at her.

yRO9z8n.jpg

Latest posts